Creative Planning

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Creative Planning

Post by langosta »

Creative Planning expected to reach 280 Billion AUM with its most newly announced acquisition of Goldman Sachs Personal Wealth Management. Creative Planning is on the track to end the year at 1st or 2nd largest US registered investment advisor. Mariner Wealth (also OP based) is around 4-6th largest.

I would love to see Creative Planning make a move downtown eventually.

Aug 28 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs (GS.N) on Monday said it has struck a deal to sell an investment advisory business to wealth management firm Creative Planning LLC.
Creative Planning, an Overland Park, Kansas-based registered investment advisor, has agreed to buy Goldman Sachs’ Personal Financial Management unit, according to an announcement on Monday. The terms of the deal, which is expected to close in the fourth quarter this year, were not disclosed. AdvisorHub reported last week that Creative Planning was among several prospective buyers for the Goldman unit, which includes around 300 advisors and $29 billion in assets “under supervision.”
https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/g ... 023-08-28/

https://www.advisorhub.com/creative-pla ... ment-unit/
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Creative Planning

Post by Cratedigger »

Perhaps a move downtown to the Royals Ballpark District?
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

Cratedigger wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:26 pm Perhaps a move downtown to the Royals Ballpark District?
Attach it to stadium naming rights?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Sounds like Creative Planning will launch a partnership with Goldman Sachs as a result.

Creative’s wealth management teams will continue to have access to investment solutions and services from Goldman Sachs Asset Management as it builds a leading investment management platform. In July 2023 Creative entered into a strategic custody relationship with Goldman Sachs Advisor Solutions (GSAS). “Building on our existing custody relationship with Goldman Sachs Advisor Solutions, an expanded partnership with Goldman Sachs is a natural, strategic fit,” said Peter Mallouk, President & Chief Executive Officer of Creative Planning.

https://www.goldmansachs.com/media-rela ... -2023.html
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Cratedigger wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:26 pm Perhaps a move downtown to the Royals Ballpark District?
Have you seen the KC Area team, they all look like a bunch of frat boys that golf every other day, they want nothing to do with downtown kansas city, all of their profiles say they went to a Kansas College or live in Olathe or Overland Park, why would they want to come downtown?

https://creativeplanning.com/locations/ ... city-area/
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:08 pm
Have you seen the KC Area team, they all look like a bunch of frat boys that golf every other day, they want nothing to do with downtown kansas city, all of their profiles say they went to a Kansas College or live in Olathe or Overland Park, why would they want to come downtown?

https://creativeplanning.com/locations/ ... city-area/
The Creative Planning owner is on the Royals ownership team and I think has mentioned his strong belief in KC before on twitter before, I follow him.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Have dealt with the Pres/CEO of Creative Planning. Interest in KCMO and downtown is indirect and peripheral, highly unlikely to move HQ there. While visiting the city is doable he's otherwise as suburban oriented as it gets. But I could be wrong. May also depend on desire of employee base.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

earthling wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:29 pm Have dealt with the Pres/CEO of Creative Planning. Interest in KCMO and downtown is indirect and peripheral, highly unlikely to move HQ there. While visiting the city is doable he's otherwise as suburban oriented as it gets. But I could be wrong. May also depend on desire of employee base.
What about just a branch and not the whole HQ?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:30 pm
earthling wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:29 pm Have dealt with the Pres/CEO of Creative Planning. Interest in KCMO and downtown is indirect and peripheral, highly unlikely to move HQ there. While visiting the city is doable he's otherwise as suburban oriented as it gets. But I could be wrong. May also depend on desire of employee base.
The HQ is where the money making jobs are. A branch is pretty boring just your local financial planner
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Local financial planner and sales people. And I think "financial planner" is generous. I'm pretty sure they would never steer you to an investment outside CP's fold.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

langosta wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:52 pm
TheUrbanRoo wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:30 pm
The HQ is where the money making jobs are. A branch is pretty boring just your local financial planner
They're not going to move the HQ, they just built a couple structures for it.

Maybe they open another HQ or large office, jobs etc or something down there. But that's about it.