Transportation topics in KC
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by dev49 »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:09 pm
langosta wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:35 pm
dev49 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:17 pm Looks like Air Canada cut the season back. Now end Sept 4. Scheduled to return next May.
How are loads? I don't know anyone who is back to flying this route.
This flight needs to be a few hours earlier, it would be the perfect flight for connections to Europe, landing at 730pm is simply too late for most Europe connections
Seems like there are a pretty good amount 930 and later.
Staring 915
Copenhagen
Frankfurt
Madrid
Londonx2
Istanbul
Abu Dhabi
Warsaw
Dubai
Lisbonx2
Iceland
Taipei

And that doesn’t include connections to other places in Canada.

But I do agree an hour or so earlier would pick up another bank of them.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Allegiant pushed their schedule into May

St. Pete resumes in February
Destin resumes in April
Punta Gorda also extended.

All are 2x a week.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

dev49 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:08 am
brewcrew1000 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:09 pm
langosta wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:35 pm

How are loads? I don't know anyone who is back to flying this route.
This flight needs to be a few hours earlier, it would be the perfect flight for connections to Europe, landing at 730pm is simply too late for most Europe connections
Seems like there are a pretty good amount 930 and later.
Staring 915
Copenhagen
Frankfurt
Madrid
Londonx2
Istanbul
Abu Dhabi
Warsaw
Dubai
Lisbonx2
Iceland
Taipei

And that doesn’t include connections to other places in Canada.

But I do agree an hour or so earlier would pick up another bank of them.
Same story with JetBlue as well, outbound to BOS and JFK offer little to zero connections. It’s almost like they are intentionally sabotaging the route:(
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

At least JetBlue gives you an excuse to stay overnight at the TWA Hotel and catch your flight the next morning. It's on my bucket list.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Delta is now removing 767 from Cincinnati to Paris and replacing with a A330-2 followed by A330-3 in 2024. Previously announced plans to cancel 767 service between RDU and CDG. Might open up frames for new routes?
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

langosta wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:37 am Delta is now removing 767 from Cincinnati to Paris and replacing with a A330-2 followed by A330-3 in 2024. Previously announced plans to cancel 767 service between RDU and CDG. Might open up frames for new routes?
How old are those planes? I wonder if they are getting close to retirement.

Edit: I didn’t realize how many 767s they had. Still a fair amount. But I’d still be curious if they are going to start going to the scrap yard.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Nashville got announced at a Southwest crew base this evening
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

dev49 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:08 pm Nashville got announced at a Southwest crew base this evening
Makes sense. Seems that could be a grab for us in the next 5 or so years from a few airlines. Maybe not Southwest specifically, but there’s options.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:47 pm
dev49 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:08 pm Nashville got announced at a Southwest crew base this evening
Makes sense. Seems that could be a grab for us in the next 5 or so years from a few airlines. Maybe not Southwest specifically, but there’s options.
BNA is about to have 20 WN gates with more coming in later phases of the BNA Vision plan. KCI would probably need to build a concourse over Terminal B to get to that level.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

AA cut back LGA to 1x a day in October. Seems a little weird to me. They should be getting slots back from JetBlue. I would have thought flights would go up if anything. Weird.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

dev49 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:53 am AA cut back LGA to 1x a day in October. Seems a little weird to me. They should be getting slots back from JetBlue. I would have thought flights would go up if anything. Weird.
Yields are non existent on MCI-NY Area
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

langosta wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:29 am
dev49 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:53 am AA cut back LGA to 1x a day in October. Seems a little weird to me. They should be getting slots back from JetBlue. I would have thought flights would go up if anything. Weird.
I wonder why that is. Are the yields decent on flights to other large cities (LA, Chicago, Houston, etc.)?
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Sani wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:54 am
langosta wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:29 am
I wonder why that is. Are the yields decent on flights to other large cities (LA, Chicago, Houston, etc.)?
I never really understood why our NYC flights/numbers weren’t better. Although I do feel like there is some imaginary divide in the center of the state where we do much better going west and east of us (in general not just Missouri) does much better going east. PHX/Florida divide in winter and in general in other places. But I have never dug into it to see if it’s true. And I mean more of a divide than just x is further east so of course it does better going east type numbers.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Aer Lingus announced routes to MSP and DEN earlier in the month. KC not in the cards for that airline this year.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

langosta wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:17 pm Aer Lingus announced routes to MSP and DEN earlier in the month. KC not in the cards for that airline this year.
I'm still wanting Alitalia or Iberia. The big four (LON, CDG, AMS, FRA) aren't coming to us for a decade and those two secondary airlines get us to most everywhere with a direct connection. Good travel locations for vacation and good train connections. Take a chance on a secondary player and have them do the same.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

langosta wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:17 pm Aer Lingus announced routes to MSP and DEN earlier in the month. KC not in the cards for that airline this year.
I feel like throughout all of the water cooler talk, Aer Lingus comes up the least IMO. If the A321XLR ever becomes functional then there becomes a play as the range is there but on an aircraft that doesn't need 300+ onboard. Of the cities it does serve domestically, CLE is closest in terms of size and they shelled out 10+ MM dollars
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

beautyfromashes wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:01 pm
I'm still wanting Alitalia or Iberia. The big four (LON, CDG, AMS, FRA) aren't coming to us for a decade and those two secondary airlines get us to most everywhere with a direct connection. Good travel locations for vacation and good train connections. Take a chance on a secondary player and have them do the same.
Ironically the parent company of Iberia also owns British Airways and Aer Lingus!

Alitalia has never made money...and disappeared in 2017 before coming back recently. Not sure we are in the cards.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

hartliss wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:12 pm
beautyfromashes wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:01 pm
Ironically the parent company of Iberia also owns British Airways and Aer Lingus!

Alitalia has never made money...and disappeared in 2017 before coming back recently. Not sure we are in the cards.
Our options are pretty much limited to: Delta, Condor, Lufthansa, British Airways, Air France, Icelandair, Play, Eurowings, and Aer Lingus. Maybe Virgin

Iberia and ITA are not options.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

langosta wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:02 pm Iberia and ITA are not options.
Why?

And why can't we think outside the box and try a play at Turkish Airlines (the airline with the largest cities destinations in the world)? Find a good match that will be beneficial to both sides instead of trying to play with the big boys and have to pay to play.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

beautyfromashes wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:44 pm
langosta wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:02 pm Iberia and ITA are not options.
Why?

And why can't we think outside the box and try a play at Turkish Airlines (the airline with the largest cities destinations in the world)? Find a good match that will be beneficial to both sides instead of trying to play with the big boys and have to pay to play.
KC demand is heavy on London. Followed by AMS, Paris, FRA (I forget the order).

Iberia and ITA are not set up to connect NA to Europe + Beyond in the way that the airlines I listed are. KC O&D is low to those destinations. Low Demand + Fewer Connections + Excessive Travel time. KC would need a bigger incentive for a flight to Madrid then it would to London. IcelandAir works despite low O&D because there is a very strong connection operation, location is "on the way", and the narrow bodies reduce cost/risk.

KC has minimal O&D demand to Istanbul but that flight would serve a few dozen people going on to Asia or Africa. However, that is not enough and would just bleed some of the deep connection traffic an eventualy BA or AF would service.