Sky and Cordish $253M project

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Sky and Cordish $253M project

Post by GRID »

Arnold Imaging did the renderings, but I can't find it in my collection. It was a pair of towers about 20 stories each with a roof structure on them sort of like the American Century towers. This was back in 2006, wow, so those blocks are still mostly empty almost 20 years later. It's crazy how when something doesn't happen, it just remains parking lots for decades.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

KC. Most of DT loop is still a wasteland with the only new construction happening is P&L and adjacent.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

GRID wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:00 pm Arnold Imaging did the renderings, but I can't find it in my collection. It was a pair of towers about 20 stories each with a roof structure on them sort of like the American Century towers. This was back in 2006, wow, so those blocks are still mostly empty almost 20 years later. It's crazy how when something doesn't happen, it just remains parking lots for decades.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

walking by the auto repair store yesterday had me remembering this project. nobody has heard any updates on it?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:11 am walking by the auto repair store yesterday had me remembering this project. nobody has heard any updates on it?
No real updates at this time outside of the fact that the old Calverts building will be coming down any day now.