Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
mRoyal
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Post by mRoyal »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65985004
A number of incidents have been reported in the last week alone.

On Wednesday evening dozens of police officers cleared and shut down an outdoor swimming pool in the Berlin district of Neukölln after a fight broke out at the slide.

On Monday another in the district of Pankow was closed by police after a dispute between two young people and two pool lifeguards descended into a mass brawl involving around 30 people.

And over the weekend there were injuries after a fight involving more than 40 people at a pool in the south-western German city of Mannheim. A 24-year-old man reportedly suffered knife injuries.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

chingon wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:13 pm
GRID wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:16 am This seems to be a worse problem in KC than many other cities.
It is not. Full stop.
The violence is some of the worse in the nation. I get kids being kids but these kids aren't shy about pulling the trigger.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

What in the hell is wrong with the Plaza? Holy crap.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

chingon wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:02 pm
daGOAT wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:34 pmEuropeans will tell you themselves, Americans are violent, and they're not wrong.
Europeans will tell you all kinds of stuff about Americans, and usually they don't have a very good sense of what they are talking about. They are about as ignorant of us as they pretend we are of them, and most of the things they think they know are just regurgitated nonsense.
Maybe you should get out of your bubble more, but I doubt you could ever go where I've been so fuck it stay ignorant. The Kansas City I know is full of murderers x robbers yet still barely hits top 5 for homicides per capita among major cities in the USA. Chicago has half the homicides per capita and is known around the world for her violence, but rarely even makes the top 15 by this metric. By comparison Chicago has a homicide rate higher than Sao Paolo, KC has a murder rate that's higher than Rio, and STL has a murder rate at bad as Fortaleza. I wish it were anything else but I won't lie to myself when the people I know are the ones most impacted. AMERICANS HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM WITH KILLING ONE ANOTHER!

RIP Jas, Gabe, Ali, Caprice, MT, Coke, Pork Chop, Briana, Shauntay, Black Mike, White Mike, Missy, Shondra, Kendall, x all them. 3500 blokc boi shit.
Jblanco
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Jblanco »

It's only going to get worse.

https://youtu.be/kQ-h0iehyQY
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Are we really going to start posting sensationalized local news, eh?
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:26 pm Are we really going to start posting sensationalized local news, eh?
Sensationalized? Jesus Christ this town really has its head up its ass when it comes to the crime being a huge issue.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Metro wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:32 pm
TheSmokinPun wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:26 pm Are we really going to start posting sensationalized local news, eh?
Sensationalized? Jesus Christ this town really has its head up its ass when it comes to the crime being a huge issue.
That link had nothing to do with KC. Retire to your Facebook groups if that's what you want, this ain't it.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Thank you! We are on pace to break our record for homicides and be in the top 5 for per capita killings AGAIN, a problem that has scared off developers in the past, causing a remarkable differential between what we have lost and what we have gained. If it weren't for strong leaders like Kay Barnes and Sly James we would have continued the downward spiral some of you may remember from the 1970's onto the 2000's. Yet even still the reckless gunplay in the beautiful City of Fountains threatens to deter our hard-earned growth in population, GDP, and tourism. The things I have seen growing up on 35th and Bellefontaine would shock some and make others sick to their stomachs, but me and thousands of kids in Kansas City have become entirely numb to it. The one's who deny our problem with murdering one another, which is twice as high per capita as chicago's own highly publicized problem, are ignorant to the 250+ mothers who lose their children EVERY YEAR in the KC Metro. So why should we be more open and honest about this horrendous issue? Because ladies and gentlemen, it is on the day our crime rate significantly drops that our city will truly live up to her own potential, for you, for me, and for the countless human beings who have been impacted by the violence on our Avenues and Boulevards.
Last edited by daGOAT on Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:01 pm
That link had nothing to do with KC. Retire to your Facebook groups if that's what you want, this ain't it.
Naive statement for sure.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

daGOAT wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:45 pm
Thank you! We are on pace to break our record for homicides and be in the top 5 for per capita killings AGAIN, a problem that has scared off developers in the past, causing a remarkable differential between what we have lost and what we have gained. If it weren't for strong leaders like Kay Barnes and Sly James we would have continued the downward spiral some of you may remember from the 1970's onto the 2000's. Yet even still the reckless gunplay in the beautiful City of Fountains threatens to deter our hard-earned growth in population, GDP, and tourism. The things I have seen growing up on 35th and Bellefontaine would shock some and make others sick to their stomachs, but me and thousands of kids in Kansas City have become entirely numb to it. The one's who deny our problem with murdering one another, which is twice as high per capita as chicago's own highly publicized problem, are ignorant to the 250+ mothers who lose their children EVERY YEAR in the KC Metro. So why should we be more open and honest about this horrendous issue? Because ladies and gentlemen, it is on the day our crime rate significantly drops that our city will truly live up to her own potential, for you, for me, and for the countless human beings who have been impacted by the violence on our Avenues and Boulevards.
Well said!
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

I don't see why this isn't appropriate for this board. The impact of KC's murder rate on development and growth is undeniable. Maybe it needs its own topic.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

missingkc wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:23 pm I don't see why this isn't appropriate for this board. The impact of KC's murder rate on development and growth is undeniable. Maybe it needs its own topic.
You're probably right but 3:1 odds it gets shut down after not too long
MidKC
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by MidKC »

It seems appropriate for this board but it’s interesting to see how quickly it turns into a place to just complain about inner city black residents.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

MidKC wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:09 pm It seems appropriate for this board but it’s interesting to see how quickly it turns into a place to just complain about inner city black residents.
General Kansas City is the forum room more appropriate for overall crime issues in Kansas City. The homicide rate and problems with kids on the Plaza are essentially two different discussions, most likely two different set of people and different implications for Kansas City. This thread should probably include plaza-specific problems only.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Highlander wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:36 pm
MidKC wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:09 pm It seems appropriate for this board but it’s interesting to see how quickly it turns into a place to just complain about inner city black residents.
General Kansas City is the forum room more appropriate for overall crime issues in Kansas City. The homicide rate and problems with kids on the Plaza are essentially two different discussions, most likely two different set of people and different implications for Kansas City. This thread should probably include plaza-specific problems only.
I can explain how they go hand in hand x are offshoots of the same social issue. The truth is the United States government and their racist policies, as well as their shady deals with drug cartels, are not only responsible for the high crime in this country but also countries in Central and South Americas. Telling yourself anything else is being a part of the problem.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Yeah, it's sad how convos like this being on the internet can double as a place for some people to express their nasty prejudices without fear of consequence. I'm glad you see it for what it is.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

daGOAT wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:49 pm I can explain how they go hand in hand x are offshoots of the same social issue. The truth is the United States government and their racist policies, as well as their shady deals with drug cartels, are not only responsible for the high crime in this country but also countries in Central and South Americas. Telling yourself anything else is being a part of the problem.
I think I'd buy this point of view more fully if the violence was perpetrated against the government or against those that benefit the most from it. That a majority of it is localized in a very small geographic area and within that community seems to defy the logic. If you're being oppressed by another group to the ultimate extent, why wouldn't you fight back against that group instead of against others who are also being oppressed by the same group?

But, yeah, this has nothing to do with the Plaza.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

We are getting way off topic here for this thread.

Problems with unaccompanied teens on the Plaza are applicable. The City's homicide rate and violent crime are a different topic and should be discussed on another thread.

Back to Plaza-related issues please.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

daGOAT wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:51 pm
Yeah, it's sad how convos like this being on the internet can double as a place for some people to express their nasty prejudices without fear of consequence. I'm glad you see it for what it is.
Exactly why we are trying to nip it in the bud ITT.