KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by hartliss »

AA reducing N/S from MCI-LGA to 1/day (from 2) starting in August.

In other news, JetBlue loads for Feb are out (granted a weak travel month)

MCI-BOS: 47%
MCI-JFK: 48%

Ouch.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

hartliss wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:40 am AA reducing N/S from MCI-LGA to 1/day (from 2) starting in August.

In other news, JetBlue loads for Feb are out (granted a weak travel month)

MCI-BOS: 47%
MCI-JFK: 48%

Ouch.
The 1/day to LGA for AA is just a continuation of the current. Its 1x a day now. Starting mid August they cut the Saturday flight though.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

The Flight Schedule Adjustments thread continues to be, and always will be, by far the most depressing thread on this site. Jfc.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:18 pm The Flight Schedule Adjustments thread continues to be, and always will be, by far the most depressing thread on this site. Jfc.
Adjustments usually seem to go down because the big 3 over schedule. Sometimes they just get cut back to what they were the year before. Just have to take it with a grain of salt.

Updates this week

United
Added Houston frequency September.

Southwest
Panama City frequency cut mid august-September.

Delta
Boston cut back to 1x a day. (Matches Nov/Dec now)

Spirit
Vegas cut back to 1x a day July/August (this might be the same as last year. I can’t remember)
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Last couple of southwest flights into KC the flight crew have announced the gates of flights departing KC for the reference of connecting passengers.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

langosta wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:50 am Last couple of southwest flights into KC the flight crew have announced the gates of flights departing KC for the reference of connecting passengers.
That’s definitely not been the norm in the past. A good, albeit subtle, sign that connecting traffic is ticking up I’d say
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

Delta seat count (at least for June 2022)

MCI is now the largest (non-hub/non-focus city) station for Delta in the Midwest. We might move up a spot or two this year as DL is planning to add more frequencies.

WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Something I want to see is if American will push back in this market.

Both have big hubs close
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

WoodDraw wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:53 pm Something I want to see is if American will push back in this market.

Both have big hubs close
DL is adding more frequencies, has a lounge, has leased an additional gate and has hinted KC as a potential a focus city. AA on the other hand is reducing flights and bailed on adding an Admirals Lounge.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

trexel94 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:44 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:53 pm Something I want to see is if American will push back in this market.

Both have big hubs close
DL is adding more frequencies, has a lounge, has leased an additional gate and has hinted KC as a potential a focus city. AA on the other hand is reducing flights and bailed on adding an Admirals Lounge.
If we had increased frequencies to the west coast hubs i think Delta could route some connecting traffic to MCI to the west coast delta hubs, I think these flights would work well to those west coast hubs

A couple of these flights might just work for the O/D traffic alone

Jacksonville - No West Coast service and it would get some decent O/D traffic, KC would be a perfect connecting point to west coast
Milwaukee - decent Delta base - You could route traffic from MKE to KCI for flights to LAX, SLC, SEA
Pittsburgh - Very Similar to Milwaukee in terms of limited service for Delta to West Coast
New Orleans - Mainly for the Seattle Connection since MSY is served by SLC and LAX and MCI could work as an MSP layover spot if the Frequency on nonstop MSY-MSP is low
Last edited by brewcrew1000 on Fri May 19, 2023 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
msmith011
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by msmith011 »

Both have big hubs close
Fingers crossed for a DL nonstop to CVG or AMS in the future.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

AA/JetBlue northeast alliance has been shot down by a judge.

Will be curious what the means for the JetBlue flights since they basically were announced because of the agreement. Now JetBlue and AA can’t feed each other passengers anymore on those routes.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

dev49 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:04 pm AA/JetBlue northeast alliance has been shot down by a judge.

Will be curious what the means for the JetBlue flights since they basically were announced because of the agreement. Now JetBlue and AA can’t feed each other passengers anymore on those routes.
Only thirty days to unravel it. Yikes.

Pretty clear that under current leadership, the feds are done with airline consolidation. If this and JetBlue/spirit both hold up in court, might stop seeing companies try for awhile and focus on their own organic growth.
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

msmith011 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:00 am

Both have big hubs close
CVG is a matter of aircraft/crew availability. DL wants to bring it back but doesn't have the resources. AMS isn't happening, low PDEW and heavily slot restricted (more so than LHR). CDG is much better fit.
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

dev49 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:04 pm AA/JetBlue northeast alliance has been shot down by a judge.

I'd love to know the stats of B6 passengers that connected onto AA operated flights. BOS and JFK have been watered down to meager focus cities for AA. What feed was there to be had? To be frank, aside from a few TATL routes that AA operates out of BOS/JFK, where can you fly on AA that B6 doesn't already serve? B6 is far bigger in the northeast than AA and can survive without them. For KC flyers, the loss of the alliance will be minimal.

Likely more important, Its long been believed that terminating the NE Alliance was a legal necessity for the buyout of Spirit to proceed.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

(for those that don't know, b6 means jetblue)

I thought there was some room for JetBlue to move traffic to Boston but I always thought that was a weird one.

I don't think regulators will see this as good for the merger. The courts, you never know. I haven't looked closely recently. But the way they defined the market doesn't make me see them backing down.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

trexel94 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:23 pm
msmith011 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:00 am
CVG is a matter of aircraft/crew availability. DL wants to bring it back but doesn't have the resources. AMS isn't happening, low PDEW and heavily slot restricted (more so than LHR). CDG is much better fit.
Cdg is obviously the best wide body fit out of mci. It's just does Delta or Air France want to commit one to it vs other markets.

I know that's the most banal statement but it's true.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

trexel94 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:54 pm Delta seat count (at least for June 2022)

MCI is now the largest (non-hub/non-focus city) station for Delta in the Midwest. We might move up a spot or two this year as DL is planning to add more frequencies.

Interesting data. I know that DL will run all 757s on ATL this summer so that will help seat count. I think (from what I recall) that SLC will be up in seat count while most other routes out of MCI will remain the same in terms of capacity.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

Both have big hubs close
AA has such a strange history in KC. They have tried to add non “major” hub routes like NYC, LAX and AUS over the past 20 years but most don’t stick, however, in terms of total passenger count out of MCI they are slightly above DL (most recent stats show). They do have seasonal to CUN which has stayed around for a few years.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:06 am

Both have big hubs close
If we had increased frequencies to the west coast hubs i think Delta could route some connecting traffic to MCI to the west coast delta hubs, I think these flights would work well to those west coast hubs

A couple of these flights might just work for the O/D traffic alone

Jacksonville - No West Coast service and it would get some decent O/D traffic, KC would be a perfect connecting point to west coast
Milwaukee - decent Delta base - You could route traffic from MKE to KCI for flights to LAX, SLC, SEA
Pittsburgh - Very Similar to Milwaukee in terms of limited service for Delta to West Coast
New Orleans - Mainly for the Seattle Connection since MSY is served by SLC and LAX and MCI could work as an MSP layover spot if the Frequency on nonstop MSY-MSP is low
I would also add RDU and PDX (o/d alone) to this list as well. Heck, if you really wanted to get aggressive add FLL or MIA on DL (I feel like southern FL is woefully underserved IMO)