KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by Cratedigger »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:55 am
WoodDraw wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:00 am That Boston route makes no sense to me unless they start marketing it internationally.
I really hope this route sticks around. Fares are so cheap to Boston right now 49-69 one way basically and this route has to be a big reason why
Same here. Have flown it a couple times and was great service both times.

Combined with cheap flights internationally from Boston (like Dublin for around $400 round trip) it’s a great cheap way to get to Europe
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

WoodDraw wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:00 am That Boston route makes no sense to me unless they start marketing it internationally.
I really hope this route sticks around. Fares are so cheap to Boston right now 49-69 one way basically and this route has to be a big reason why
If prices stay in that range it won't stick around.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

If you codeshare it across the Atlantic to try to move traffic out of New York.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Cratedigger wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:30 am
Same here. Have flown it a couple times and was great service both times.

Combined with cheap flights internationally from Boston (like Dublin for around $400 round trip) it’s a great cheap way to get to Europe
I don't think many people that fly know how to do the positioning flight idea but you are right, Boston might be the cheapest place in the US to fly to Europe. You can pretty much fly RT from Boston to Barcelona for 400
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Looks like Alaska backed off Portland again for winter. It is normal but was hoping it would stick around year round. Oct/nov go to 4 days a week. After the holidays it goes away until mid March.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Met a few different persons this week traveling back to Asia and Europe from KCI following Berkshire Hathaway’s annual meeting. These are staff from very big firms, traveling on company paid business class tickets, but still choosing MCI over OMA.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

langosta wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:47 am Met a few different persons this week traveling back to Asia and Europe from KCI following Berkshire Hathaway’s annual meeting. These are staff from very big firms, traveling on company paid business class tickets, but still choosing MCI over OMA.
That’s interesting. I can’t imagine the price difference was enough to justify the three hour drive but who knows. Either way that’s an interesting story, thanks for sharing
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

hartliss wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:58 am
langosta wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:47 am Met a few different persons this week traveling back to Asia and Europe from KCI following Berkshire Hathaway’s annual meeting. These are staff from very big firms, traveling on company paid business class tickets, but still choosing MCI over OMA.
That’s interesting. I can’t imagine the price difference was enough to justify the three hour drive but who knows. Either way that’s an interesting story, thanks for sharing
That is interesting as well. Since they are going to have to get a connection out of KCI to a larger hub anyways, I'm not sure how that makes sense.
SingleMalt12
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by SingleMalt12 »

alejandro46 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:13 pm
That is interesting as well. Since they are going to have to get a connection out of KCI to a larger hub anyways, I'm not sure how that makes sense.
It could be that flights they wanted were sold out in Omaha. Maybe when the original poster heard that they came from the BH meeting he could have asked why they flew out of KCI.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

SingleMalt12 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:58 pm

It could be that flights they wanted were sold out in Omaha. Maybe when the original poster heard that they came from the BH meeting he could have asked why they flew out of KCI.
I should have done that! I was too interested in hearing about the conference instead.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

SingleMalt12 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:58 pm

Could have been they were flying enough to take up all the business/first class seats from Omaha so they either had to fly economy or drive somewhere else to get business. Also, my wife’s company limits how many employees can fly on the same flight. So if they have that rule that could come into play with much fewer flights out of Omaha if a lot were traveling.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

Omaha doesn't have nonstops to LAX nor to MIA. That is where many people connect to Asia and to South America, especially those who travel in international premium classes. Omaha does have flights to LaGuardia as does Kansas City MCI.
SingleMalt12
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by SingleMalt12 »

herrfrank wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:02 pm Omaha doesn't have nonstops to LAX nor to MIA. That is where many people connect to Asia and to South America, especially those who travel in international premium classes. Omaha does have flights to LaGuardia as does Kansas City MCI.
American has flights to both LA and Miami from Omaha. In addition, there are flights added from OMA over the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting weekend, Boston, for example. OMA doesn't usually have non stops to Boston during the year but for that weekend they do.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Chiefs playing in Frankfurt November 5th against Tyreek Hill and the Dolphins. Now would be a good time to announce a European nonstop.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

beautyfromashes wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:51 am Chiefs playing in Frankfurt November 5th against Tyreek Hill and the Dolphins. Now would be a good time to announce a European nonstop.
Wouldn’t start until summer 2024
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

langosta wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:39 am
beautyfromashes wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:51 am Chiefs playing in Frankfurt November 5th against Tyreek Hill and the Dolphins. Now would be a good time to announce a European nonstop.
Wouldn’t start until summer 2024
So, announce it at the game?
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

They may be going to play in Germany again next year too, so even a Euro flight for 2024 could be useful.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

While I realize that adding one-off international flights takes quite a bit more planning than, say, throwing excess widebodies between here and Phoenix with < 2 weeks' notice, doing so for that game wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility if an airline *really* wanted to do so.

If only there was an airline with a gigantic hub in Frankfurt that already has directs to an airport in Missouri...
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

swid wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:37 am While I realize that adding one-off international flights takes quite a bit more planning than, say, throwing excess widebodies between here and Phoenix with < 2 weeks' notice, doing so for that game wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility if an airline *really* wanted to do so.

If only there was an airline with a gigantic hub in Frankfurt that already has directs to an airport in Missouri...
Who the MO Gov Parson met with in March!
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

swid wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:37 am While I realize that adding one-off international flights takes quite a bit more planning than, say, throwing excess widebodies between here and Phoenix with < 2 weeks' notice, doing so for that game wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility if an airline *really* wanted to do so.

we would be better off chartering flights ourselves and selling tickets to local fans.