KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by normalthings »

Southwest Schedule Extension tomorrow. Hope to see some adds.
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

Total passenger count for 2022

- 9,819,092. Up 28% from last year
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

normalthings wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:46 am Southwest Schedule Extension tomorrow. Hope to see some adds.
I didn’t see anything notable other than LGB which was already announced.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

hartliss wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:32 am
normalthings wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:46 am Southwest Schedule Extension tomorrow. Hope to see some adds.
I didn’t see anything notable other than LGB which was already announced.
Nothing new

Myrtle Beach, Portland, Seattle, Panama City, Pensacola all go away. I assume just for the season.

Friday flights 75 (down 1 from previous extension)
Saturday flights 60 (down 3 from previous extension)
Sunday flights 72 (down 6 from previous extension)

Friday changes: -1 Tampa, -1 Pensacola, +1 Austin

Raleigh to Sunday only
Cancun, Fort Myers to Saturday only

A little disappointing to be down when it seems like a lot of stations were up
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... JKOJu59NuA

From Jan through Sept, MCI will see a 27.8% percent increase in Southwest flights, compared to the same time a year ago. This is the highest percentage increase in the entire SWA network.

Orlando - 31,010 flights, an increase of 3,606, or 13.2%
Nashville - 35,511 flights, an increase of 3,484, or 10.9%
Atlanta - 26,618 flights, an increase of 3,364, or 14.5%
St. Louis - 28,617 flights, an increase of 3,315, or 13.1%
We would need to grow 100% to catch Nashville or 65% to STL.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

AA updated their June/July schedule.

Nothing super major

Aus 1x down to a CRJ700
ORD 4x - 1 mainline 3 RJ
LGA 2x RJ
DCA 3x RJ
DFW 7x mainline
CLT 4x mainline - 3 of which are A321
MIA 1x mainline
PHX 2x mainline
PHL 2x - 1 mainline 1 RJ
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

dev49 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:30 am AA updated their June/July schedule.

Nothing super major

Aus 1x down to a CRJ700
ORD 4x - 1 mainline 3 RJ
LGA 2x RJ
DCA 3x RJ
DFW 7x mainline
MIA 1x mainline
PHX 2x mainline
PHL 2x - 1 mainline 1 RJ
AA always fascinates me at MCI. Will be interesting to see if they try to add an LAX down the road or maybe increase capacity to MIA. I don’t see AUS hanging around that much longer TBH.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

AA at MCI would get a significant boost if the rumors about BA service to London ever come true.

The schedule, announced as quoted above, is fairly slim -- PHL and PHX only twice per day make it hard to connect to the interior northeast and interior west. CLT is their most profitable hub, which is why they run the big A321 there. Almost all of the Florida traffic and a lot of Caribbean traffic routes through CLT even though MIA would seem more logical. AA does codeshare with JetBlue and Alaska, so SEA and PDX and possibly BOS and JFK will be in the mix.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

hartliss wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:11 pm
dev49 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:30 am AA updated their June/July schedule.

Nothing super major

Aus 1x down to a CRJ700
ORD 4x - 1 mainline 3 RJ
LGA 2x RJ
DCA 3x RJ
DFW 7x mainline
MIA 1x mainline
PHX 2x mainline
PHL 2x - 1 mainline 1 RJ
AA always fascinates me at MCI. Will be interesting to see if they try to add an LAX down the road or maybe increase capacity to MIA. I don’t see AUS hanging around that much longer TBH.
Seems that one is taken by WN at this point
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Wasn’t Portland on Alaska supposed to go to mainline? It’s showing an RJ now. But it is showing it as year round, for now, once it starts back up in May
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

dev49 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:37 pm Wasn’t Portland on Alaska supposed to go to mainline? It’s showing an RJ now. But it is showing it as year round, for now, once it starts back up in May
MSP and a few other cities were downgaged to RJs as well. Aircraft/crew shortage supposedly. Frankly i'll be happy if they just kept it year round.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Saw a tweet from Justin Meyer that Lufthansa is one of the European carriers in discussion. The airlines have made it clear $5 million isn't nearly enough to get TATL service from KC

IIRC, Justin was able to secure Lufthansa at his old airport. I really wish MO, KS, and the business community could step up.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

langosta wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:22 am Saw a tweet from Justin Meyer that Lufthansa is one of the European carriers in discussion. The airlines have made it clear $5 million isn't nearly enough to get TATL service from KC

IIRC, Justin was able to secure Lufthansa at his old airport. I really wish MO, KS, and the business community could step up.
Here's what Meyer said.
https://twitter.com/JustinMeyerKC/statu ... 76800?s=20

Yeah, we need more than $5 mil. And the state/city needs to step up and get this done. Enough already. We should take some funds from from wherever the city can if we have to at this point.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

If it’s just a matter of throwing cash at the airlines, why do we need a marketing team at all? It’s an excuse a bad salesman makes. How long do you stick with the same airport team when other similar cities are obviously getting it done, some with multiple nonstop flights?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:16 am If it’s just a matter of throwing cash at the airlines, why do we need a marketing team at all? It’s an excuse a bad salesman makes. How long do you stick with the same airport team when other similar cities are obviously getting it done, some with multiple nonstop flights?
the other midwest cities I can think of spent well north of $5million post pandemic. STL spent closer to that but also had major ticket purchase agreements
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

langosta wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:43 am
beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:16 am If it’s just a matter of throwing cash at the airlines, why do we need a marketing team at all? It’s an excuse a bad salesman makes. How long do you stick with the same airport team when other similar cities are obviously getting it done, some with multiple nonstop flights?
the other midwest cities I can think of spent well north of $5million post pandemic. STL spent closer to that but also had major ticket purchase agreements
Pittsburgh paid $3M for London. Indianapolis paid $5.5M for Paris. I don't believe St. Louis got any money from the state for their Frankfurt flight instead relying on Port Authority and corporate contributions. So, Kansas City has $5M from one state. They have the ability to push Kansas to also put money in that St. Louis doesn't really have. We have a brand new airport and should get at least a tiny bump by being chosen for the World Cup. They just have not gotten it done. I'm sorry. The aviation people seem very nice. It's just not happening and there's tons of excuses.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:14 am
langosta wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:43 am
Pittsburgh paid $3M for London. Indianapolis paid $5.5M for Paris. I don't believe St. Louis got any money from the state for their Frankfurt flight instead relying on Port Authority and corporate contributions. So, Kansas City has $5M from one state. They have the ability to push Kansas to also put money in that St. Louis doesn't really have. We have a brand new airport and should get at least a tiny bump by being chosen for the World Cup. They just have not gotten it done. I'm sorry. The aviation people seem very nice. It's just not happening and there's tons of excuses.
We are also one of the smallest regional drawers of any of the other Midwest/Rustbelt cities acquiring TATL. Yeah we’re the biggest metro in this region, but we draw a fraction of what those in the Ohio river valley or further east will simply due to proximity of large populations that aren’t too spread. It’s not Apples to Apples
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:36 am We are also one of the smallest regional drawers of any of the other Midwest/Rustbelt cities acquiring TATL. Yeah we’re the biggest metro in this region, but we draw a fraction of what those in the Ohio river valley or further east will simply due to proximity of large populations that aren’t too spread. It’s not Apples to Apples
Our metro is bigger than Indianapolis, same as Pittsburgh, just smaller than St. Louis. There’s enough demand, corporate money and public money here to get the deal done.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:47 am
langosta wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:22 am Saw a tweet from Justin Meyer that Lufthansa is one of the European carriers in discussion. The airlines have made it clear $5 million isn't nearly enough to get TATL service from KC

Here's what Meyer said.
https://twitter.com/JustinMeyerKC/statu ... 76800?s=20

Yeah, we need more than $5 mil. And the state/city needs to step up and get this done. Enough already. We should take some funds from from wherever the city can if we have to at this point.
Like I and others have been saying on here for awhile. You have to have the business community do their part. It won't get done just in incentives and the airport can't really do much themselves to help.

https://twitter.com/JustinMeyerKC/statu ... 49185?s=20

"The support package is not ours. In fact, the FAA prohibits airports from being involved. And it’s not just an announcement, it’s years of work between the airline, airport, and regional partners to come to a decision together. The recruitment of Icelandair was 10 year effort."

Until the business community steps up, no one is going to start a route. For that to happen some organization has to be the voice of bringing them together. STL had Greater STL form and get their act together. Ohio had Job Ohio doing their work for it.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:48 am
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:36 am We are also one of the smallest regional drawers of any of the other Midwest/Rustbelt cities acquiring TATL. Yeah we’re the biggest metro in this region, but we draw a fraction of what those in the Ohio river valley or further east will simply due to proximity of large populations that aren’t too spread. It’s not Apples to Apples
Our metro is bigger than Indianapolis, same as Pittsburgh, just smaller than St. Louis. There’s enough demand, corporate money and public money here to get the deal done.
You can't compare pre-covid with post-covid incentive packages.

Cleveland is giving $12 million to Aer Lingus.
STL gave $5 million but the ticket purchase agreements value is in the millions

IND: closer + bigger incentive package than we had at the time. They do not have a TATL route today.
STL: we are much smaller and with fewer major businesses
Pittsburgh: they are significantly closer to Europe, just offered $1.5 million to increase BA frequency on an existing route

This pre-covid chart lays out why KC is at an added disadvantage