Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Misc Crossroads News

Post by Chris Stritzel »

^It’s likely members of this forum are going to like what comes of this. Great use of space at a challenging site.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by daGOAT »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:29 pm ^It’s likely members of this forum are going to like what comes of this. Great use of space at a challenging site.
You seem like you're in the know. Could an announcement with renderings be coming soon?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

daGOAT wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:26 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:29 pm ^It’s likely members of this forum are going to like what comes of this. Great use of space at a challenging site.
You seem like you're in the know. Could an announcement with renderings be coming soon?
I'm in the know two ways. Primary source and resources. Answers are floating around out there.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Saw some renderings earlier, it will tie into the Greenline and provide a spot for the Lumi Neon Museum. Looks pretty amazing and would probably be popular with residents and tourists, but its still not the most walkable area. I'm impressed by everything 3D has been doing so far and this is going to be a massive improvement over the current usage. KC is on a roll!
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

daGOAT wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:57 pm Saw some renderings earlier, it will tie into the Greenline and provide a spot for the Lumi Neon Museum. Looks pretty amazing and would probably be popular with residents and tourists, but its still not the most walkable area. I'm impressed by everything 3D has been doing so far and this is going to be a massive improvement over the current usage. KC is on a roll!
Badly unwalkable area. It could be walkable, if there weren’t so many highways and train tracks surrounding it. And bridges.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Isn't the green line the other side of the tracks?
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:17 am Isn't the green line the other side of the tracks?
It's a recent addition. Greenline_KC is continuing the route we have seen proposed but adding a southern spur to Penn Valley Park and it looks like Perishing to Washington Square is being included as well. Pennway Point is going to be a trailhead.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

How does it cross the tracks?
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:35 am How does it cross the tracks?
Very carefully
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Lol in all seriousness I don't know. I'm sure we'll know more eventually. I really hope Pennway Point actually happens and isn't just vaporware.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

I'd say it's more than vaporware since the site has been cleaned up and the existing 4 story brick building is clearly being gutted/renovated.
I don't know if it's supposed to be public, but there is a very detailed marketing package PDF out there hosted on the Westside Community Action Network's website. You can find it with a little internet sleuthing. Spoiler alert: ferris wheel!
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Really hope that pans out!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Interesting
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

If this gets done before Grand Place *face palm*... I'm curious has any worked started to the Superior Storage buildings on Walnut? Grand Place, Freight House Village, and Pennway Point are all huge transformations for greater downtown that I really wanna see done and done well.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

So many great open plots of land and we can't help but renovate the ones hugged up against the interstate.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Critical_Mass wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:21 pm I'd say it's more than vaporware since the site has been cleaned up and the existing 4 story brick building is clearly being gutted/renovated.
These were taken Jan. 11:

normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:49 pm So many great open plots of land and we can't help but renovate the ones hugged up against the interstate.
Because they are cheap and people care less about blocking the views!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah I get the cheapness angle, better than nothing anywhere. Seems a hard sell for residential units but the one just north seems to be doing okay (no idea honestly how it's booking up)
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

This is an awesome use of that area. And walkable to Boulevard brewery. Hopefully it will help improve the summit underpass- which is always very sketchy- and become connected to Southwest Blvd.