Plowed Streets

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Plowed Streets

Post by KCPowercat »

Sidewalks prove that out. It will amazes me how dry and usable sidewalks become with just bare minimum treatment. My sidewalk is dry right now.

Clean your sidewalks
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I would love to, but I can't. I can barely walk at the moment and am reliant on randos knocking on my door and offering to do it for $20. Is there like a Doordash for snow removal?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Great idea!
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

mean wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:03 am I would love to, but I can't. I can barely walk at the moment and am reliant on randos knocking on my door and offering to do it for $20. Is there like a Doordash for snow removal?
I haven't used it, but I think something like TaskRabbit could help. Or just google local landscaping companies in your area, most of them do it.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I don't know if you are on Nextdoor, but it seems like a lot of requests go out there and are typically answered.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

The city has done a great job with snow removal this year. The plow map was accurate as far as the streets around me were concerned. Think the wind really played havoc with how people perceive the job the city did. In wind and heavy snow, even 4 hours of time since a plow came through will look like the street was never plowed. I'd also say that in a city of 6000 road miles, expecting a plow to continuously keep your side street perfectly clear is unrealistic. Tax dollars pay for snow removal but the sprawly, low density nature of the city prevents it from being more effective.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

The City canceled garbage pickup on Thursday and Friday and diverted garbage truck drivers to snow removal.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

shinatoo wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:53 pm I don't know if you are on Nextdoor, but it seems like a lot of requests go out there and are typically answered.
Hmm, I am, but I don't really social media in general because I am pretty much convinced its net effect on society is negative and it screws up too many people's mental health (I have literally heard people my age--boomers to the likes of the young know-it-alls--with anxiety about likes and shit... just NOPE) but this would be an exception I could stomach.

Fortunately, in this case it doesn't look like it will even last the weekend.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

I think the last two snow systems the city has done great. A plow came by my suburban residential cul-de-sac late last night and our street after sun today is straight up dry all the way across. I rarely leave my house these days so I can't comment on areas beyond my own street but I'm quite satisfied.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Goonies wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:19 pm Yeah my street which was literally touched maybe once or twice in 10 years has now been plowed the last 2 times. You can see pavement which is impressive after 8 inches. It's the little things like this where I think Q and the new city manager have done an excellent job at. He will be rewarded with my vote.
But But, I have to wait another week to put out my trash. However shall I live through such times of sorrow and darkness? - Excerpts from Nextdoor
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

Build a giant snowman and relax. I dare you.
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!