Westport

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
bryan
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Westport

Post by bryan »

Snooze is going in at 4140 Broadway. Last time I was over there it looked like they had already started demoing the old building.
WSPanic wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:50 am I stand corrected. Not sure what is happening. According to this, DBK has a Liquor License app at 4140-44 Penn.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YPQfTV ... J_aqU/view

According to this Snooze is going in 4140 Penn
https://www.feastmagazine.com/the-feed/ ... a326.html
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

WSPanic wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:50 am I stand corrected. Not sure what is happening. According to this, DBK has a Liquor License app at 4140-44 Penn.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YPQfTV ... J_aqU/view

According to this Snooze is going in 4140 Penn
https://www.feastmagazine.com/the-feed/ ... a326.html
4140 Broadway for Snooze.
marieantoinette
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by marieantoinette »

johnmatrix wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:55 pm Interesting location. I cant remember that building being anything other than St.Lukes stuff since Ive came to Westport. Building looks huge like a club spot.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... g/451958/3

Gould Evans in at 4200 Pennsylvania. DBC goes across the street at the Ice House at 4140-44 Pennsylvania Ave.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

Heard there was quite the shootout at the BP in Westport this past weekend
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

johnmatrix wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:57 am Heard there was quite the shootout at the BP in Westport this past weekend
You sure it wasn't the 7/11 on Linwood/Gilham, that was on Sunday - I haven't seen anything for the BP
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 am
johnmatrix wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:57 am Heard there was quite the shootout at the BP in Westport this past weekend
You sure it wasn't the 7/11 on Linwood/Gilham, that was on Sunday - I haven't seen anything for the BP
another shoot out at 7-11 on Gillham huh? Nope this was Friday night https://www.reddit.com/r/kansascity/com ... out_there/

My friend took a video of it the next day atleast 26 rounds fired.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Yup, Midtown violent crime happens often and I'm sure you'll be happy to point every one out. You should create a new thread in all caps for each incident just to make sure we are all well informed. &&&
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

earthling wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:30 pm Yup, Midtown violent crime happens often and I'm sure you'll be happy to point every one out. You should create a new thread in all caps for each incident just to make sure we are all well informed. &&&
So is Westport getting Sketchy again at night? Is Johnny Kaws too blame this time around? Its just gonna be an endless cycle of the same people doing the crimes/causing trouble but the only constant change are the restaurant/entertainment venues.

I really think its a growing problem and as we get more and more apartments it could really halt momentum. Do you think people want to live at the Opus Development if they are seeing a shootouts/harassment/armed robberies every weekend, its not worth it.

It's like the customer service saying for a restaurant, when one customer has had a bad experience at your restaurant that bad review reaches 100 people because they tell one friend and that friend tells another friend, etc. That same logic can be applied to living in the city, if one person is robbed outside their apartment, that person will most likely move and not recommend living there so he tells 1 friend and his friend tells another friends, etc, etc.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I may be whistling past the graveyard, but outside of 11p-3a Fri/Sat nights, it seems fine to me.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

I would think several hundred market rate apartments ought to help alleviate any perceived issue.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

earthling wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:30 pm Yup, Midtown violent crime happens often and I'm sure you'll be happy to point every one out. You should create a new thread in all caps for each incident just to make sure we are all well informed. &&&
Odd post.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I wonder why you didn't point out the man who was shot and killed in Overland Park last night. It wasn't after midnight either. It was around 7 pm. Not yet dark.

Robbery suspect shot at Boost Mobile in Overland Park
Authorities say an armed man has been shot and killed while attempting to rob a a cellphone store.

The shooting happened in the area of 76th Street and Metcalf Avenue about 7 p.m.
https://www.kctv5.com/news/local_news/r ... 9c725.html
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

smh wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:44 pm I would think several hundred market rate apartments ought to help alleviate any perceived issue.
It’s almost as if pushing through the sidewalk ordinance, killing off any discussion of staggering bar closing times, and imposing a development moratorium after the Opus approval had some consequences. In other news, Kathryn Shields will be in office another four years.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

FangKC wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:17 pm I wonder why you didn't point out the man who was shot and killed in Overland Park last night. It wasn't after midnight either. It was around 7 pm. Not yet dark.

Robbery suspect shot at Boost Mobile in Overland Park
Authorities say an armed man has been shot and killed while attempting to rob a a cellphone store.

The shooting happened in the area of 76th Street and Metcalf Avenue about 7 p.m.
https://www.kctv5.com/news/local_news/r ... 9c725.html
But this is a storyline suburbanites would praise because the bad guy was shot and killed, end of story. In KCMO the narrative on the news is shooting after shooting after shooting (sometimes random) with information like "suspect at large" or "no information about the suspect at this time"
Last edited by brewcrew1000 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Regardless, crime happens even in Overland Park.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

FangKC wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:21 pm Regardless, crime happens even in Overland Park.
Not nearly as much as in Kansas City.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

johnmatrix wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 am
FangKC wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:21 pm Regardless, crime happens even in Overland Park.
What is your source that covers all types of crime? I can't find a good one.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

flyingember wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 am
johnmatrix wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 am
What is your source that covers all types of crime? I can't find a good one.
https://www.crimereports.com/city/Kansa ... &shapeIds=
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

So a site which doesn't have any Overland Park data on it? Yeah, that's a good one to use to compare. I am glad to see the issue where there was no KC data on the site has been fixed.
Imarealperson
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Imarealperson »

Lol. Come on man, KC definitely has more crime than OP. It has a lot of other things that OP doesn’t have though.

Weird place to make a stand.