Forum is slow/unresponsive

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
User avatar
grovester
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3873
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: KC Metro

Re: Forum is slow/unresponsive

Post by grovester » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:09 am

DaveKCMO wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:43 pm
It seems like we've discussed this before, but I'm unable to view content from before a certain date (I was trying to view the Law Building thread and it gives me error 500). Is that stuff just lost? Thx.
Seems this has been fixed!

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 17310
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Forum is slow/unresponsive

Post by DaveKCMO » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:54 am

grovester wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:09 am
DaveKCMO wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:43 pm
It seems like we've discussed this before, but I'm unable to view content from before a certain date (I was trying to view the Law Building thread and it gives me error 500). Is that stuff just lost? Thx.
Seems this has been fixed!
Not for me. Looks like posts from before 2007 are still error 500.

User avatar
grovester
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3873
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: KC Metro

Re: Forum is slow/unresponsive

Post by grovester » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:03 am

DaveKCMO wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:54 am
grovester wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:09 am
DaveKCMO wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:43 pm
It seems like we've discussed this before, but I'm unable to view content from before a certain date (I was trying to view the Law Building thread and it gives me error 500). Is that stuff just lost? Thx.
Seems this has been fixed!
Not for me. Looks like posts from before 2007 are still error 500.
My bad. Shows previews of the older posts, but not the posts themselves.

mean
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10783
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:00 am
Location: Historic Northeast

Re: Forum is slow/unresponsive

Post by mean » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:11 am

Oh my. First I'd seen or heard of that. I'll light up the bahua signal if nobody's heard from him. Someone's gon need to look at the logs, and as far as I know I can't.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 17310
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Forum is slow/unresponsive

Post by DaveKCMO » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:09 pm

mean wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:11 am
Oh my. First I'd seen or heard of that. I'll light up the bahua signal if nobody's heard from him. Someone's gon need to look at the logs, and as far as I know I can't.
Easy check is the P&L Master Thread Locator thread. Error 500 just opening it from the P&L topic.

User avatar
TheLastGentleman
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Forum is slow/unresponsive

Post by TheLastGentleman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Old posts not being accessible is still an issue. Any updates?

User avatar
bahua
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10861
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Out of Town
Contact:

Re: Forum is slow/unresponsive

Post by bahua » Tue May 21, 2019 4:29 pm

Behold! Old posts are now accessible! Or at least they are for me. Thankfully all I had to do was muddle through phpbb's convoluted update system.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 17310
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Forum is slow/unresponsive

Post by DaveKCMO » Mon May 27, 2019 9:29 pm

bahua wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:29 pm
Behold! Old posts are now accessible! Or at least they are for me. Thankfully all I had to do was muddle through phpbb's convoluted update system.
Confirmed. Thank you!

User avatar
WSPanic
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:57 pm

Re: Forum is slow/unresponsive

Post by WSPanic » Tue May 28, 2019 11:29 am

That's awesome. Thank you!

User avatar
TheLastGentleman
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Forum is slow/unresponsive

Post by TheLastGentleman » Tue May 28, 2019 12:52 pm

Thank you!

Post Reply