Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Next Mayor 2019

Post by johnmatrix »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:09 am
johnmatrix wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:35 am
DaveKCMO wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:02 pm

LOL HORRIBLE.

Because better coordination/consolidation of at least four (?) departments that handle transportation issues is a bad idea.

Steve Miller crashed and burned because potholes and no other message.
Yeah our roads are crumbling because we don't have enough government departments has nothing to do with the budget shortfalls because of bought and paid for politicians like Justus are more focused on giving handouts to millionaires.
You are just trolling. These thoughts don't even make sense together. Maybe next bring up metal plates and then just throw in TIF to complete your funkhouser bingo card.
Anytime someone doesn't agree on here = Trolling.

There's no need to troll this site for laughs you all provide plenty. I showed this site to my BIL in Pittsburgh who works for the city out there. He had a great laugh.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

johnmatrix wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:03 am Did anyone catch Jolies horrible idea regarding a city department of transportation? Instead of putting money towards the capital necessary to fix the issues, given the various departments and crews we already have, we should totally just put more money into staffing another person inside City Hall that can figure out how to do all of this.
LOL HORRIBLE.

Because better coordination/consolidation of at least four (?) departments that handle transportation issues is a bad idea.

Yeah our roads are crumbling because we don't have enough government departments has nothing to do with the budget shortfalls because of bought and paid for politicians like Justus are more focused on giving handouts to millionaires.
His post said she is proposing consolidating departments (that means reducing the number of departments) and your response is to say her proposal won't work because it is increasing the number of departments. #-o ? She is literally proposing that we should better manage and coordinate the existing money we have and stop wasting money on short term fixes....to which your response is, "Thats a terrible idea! We need to just better spend the money we have now!!"

Its like you're having a conversation with yourself.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

kboish wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:03 am

LOL HORRIBLE.

His post said she is proposing consolidating departments (that means reducing the number of departments) and your response is to say her proposal won't work because it is increasing the number of departments. #-o ? She is literally proposing that we should better manage and coordinate the existing money we have and stop wasting money on short term fixes....to which your response is, "Thats a terrible idea! We need to just better spend the money we have now!!"

Its like you're having a conversation with yourself.
Here comes the hive! our underperforming city is being attacked. Quick lets defend our status quo politician!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

johnmatrix wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:15 am
KCPowercat wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:09 am

You are just trolling. These thoughts don't even make sense together. Maybe next bring up metal plates and then just throw in TIF to complete your funkhouser bingo card.
Anytime someone doesn't agree on here = Trolling.

There's no need to troll this site for laughs you all provide plenty. I showed this site to my BIL in Pittsburgh who works for the city out there. He had a great laugh.
Good one!
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

johnmatrix wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:15 am I showed this site to my BIL in Pittsburgh who works for the city out there. He had a great laugh.
It's possible Pittsburgh finally reached it's low point. It's population dropped in half from it's peak.

Meanwhile cities like Seattle have a city department of transportation and are very successfully doing everything a Pittsburgh isn't.

I wouldn't laugh at things going on in other cities if I worked for the city of Pittsburgh
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

flyingember wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:17 am
johnmatrix wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:15 am I showed this site to my BIL in Pittsburgh who works for the city out there. He had a great laugh.
It's possible Pittsburgh finally reached it's low point. It's population dropped in half from it's peak.

Meanwhile cities like Seattle have a city department of transportation and are very successfully doing everything a Pittsburgh isn't.

I wouldn't laugh at things going on in other cities if I worked for the city of Pittsburgh
Thriving tech sector will get the city where it needs to go while Kansas City build's on a house of cards.
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:09 am funkhouser bingo card.
:idea:
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

Quinton made Jolie look like the chamber of commerce shill that she is last night.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

johnmatrix wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:44 am Quinton made Jolie look like the chamber of commerce shill that she is last night.
Anyone would be as mayor. The group holds a lot of power in terms of supporting signature projects.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Reed has endorsed Justus for Mayor.
She doesn’t pretend to have all the answers; rather she listens thoughtfully, collaborates with all stakeholders, completes the task for which she signs up, and truly seeks to unity our communities. She’s a consensus builder.
https://twitter.com/jermainereed/status ... 18625?s=21
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

She doesn't have the best, most tremendous answers that nobody would ever believe!? I can't vote for her.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

Didnt Reed lie about having a degree? I'd hide from his endorsement.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Q endorsed by Shields? I think my mind is made up.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

johnmatrix wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:15 pm Didnt Reed lie about having a degree? I'd hide from his endorsement.
He walked at the graduation. Reed legitimately thought that he had earned the degree(and IIRC he pretty much had minus 1 class)
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

normalthings wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:38 pm
johnmatrix wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:15 pm Didnt Reed lie about having a degree? I'd hide from his endorsement.
He walked at the graduation. Reed legitimately thought that he had earned the degree(and IIRC he pretty much had minus 1 class)
Ha! No, he knew.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

grovester wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:41 pm
normalthings wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:38 pm
Ha! No, he knew.
There's no way he couldn't know. He's about my age and in college students were told what they need to graduate to the point you have to be ignorant of the process to not know. And even then, lets say something was missed, not getting an actual diploma would be a huge sign you didn't finish everything.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Not once in my life did I ever vote for anyone based on an endorsement of another politician.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I've eliminated some based on them wanting the endorsement of others though.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

Hearing the Justus campaign isn't as confident as they were just a month ago...
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »