Big Fur KC premiere

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Big Fur KC premiere

Post by taxi »

I realize this is shameless self-promotion, but thought some raggers might be interested. And, for a couple hours, it will be part of the Kansas City Scene. Well OK, North Kansas City. After 6 years, my feature documentary is finished and will play at Screenland Armour on Sunday, May 5th at 5:30.

“Big Fur” is a wry, funny portrait of an eccentric artist-hero. World Champion taxidermist Ken Walker builds a life-sized Bigfoot, based on frames from an iconic 1967 movie, and unveils her at the World Taxidermy Championships.
While Ken would love to win Best in Show, his real hope is that putting “Patty” on display will prompt some hunter to open his freezer and pull out the proof that Bigfoot is real. Instead, it’s Ken’s love life that gets thawed out.
Although true love proves illusory, Ken is still sure that any day Bigfoot's existence will be confirmed. Until then, he’ll keep searching for both.

You can see a trailer here:
https://vimeo.com/328025201

You can buy tickets here:
https://screenland.com/armour/movie/big-fur
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Big Fur KC premiere

Post by grovester »

Congrats! Going to try and make it.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Congratulations! That's awesome.
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

Great trailer - congratulations!
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

My daughter would love it - will you guys be doing any meet and greet?
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

TrolliKC wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 pm My daughter would love it - will you guys be doing any meet and greet?
Thanks everyone!
Yes, Ken Walker, the star/subject of the movie, will be there and we'll be doing a Q&A afterwards. Oh, and Patty will be there, too. She's Ken's Bigfoot re-creation. She'd love to have her photo taken with you!
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

A great movie! It was a full house at Screenland last night. For those not able to make it, put this one on your list and keep an eye out for the next opportunity to see it.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

I just received an email that Big Fur will be streaming on Amazon Prime Video starting Dec. 1. Prime members can watch for free.

Support local artists!
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

KCLofts wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:49 am I just received an email that Big Fur will be streaming on Amazon Prime Video starting Dec. 1. Prime members can watch for free.

Support local artists!
Thanks for the kind words and support! Here's a link to watch on Amazon Prime. Also, our store is up and running and you can buy all kinds of fun stocking stuffers for your family and friends, all for $20 or less – except one item, the star of the movie is available for purchase (free delivery if you're in KC area!) – a lovely addition to your home or office, or home office!
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

taxi wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:52 am
KCLofts wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:49 am I just received an email that Big Fur will be streaming on Amazon Prime Video starting Dec. 1. Prime members can watch for free.

Support local artists!
Thanks for the kind words and support! Here's a link to watch on Amazon Prime. Also, our store is up and running and you can buy all kinds of fun stocking stuffers for your family and friends, all for $20 or less – except one item, the star of the movie is available for purchase (free delivery if you're in KC area!) – a lovely addition to your home or office, or home office!
Patty needs to move her decimal point to the right a bit.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

grovester wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:52 pm Patty needs to move her decimal point to the right a bit.
Thanks for the tip! I think it was a squarespace glitch. The price was correct in the cart. I retyped it and it seems to be correct now. In appreciation, I will take $35.00 off for you!
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

taxi wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:51 pm
grovester wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:52 pm Patty needs to move her decimal point to the right a bit.
Thanks for the tip! I think it was a squarespace glitch. The price was correct in the cart. I retyped it and it seems to be correct now. In appreciation, I will take $35.00 off for you!
Tempting, but I'm afraid my marriage wouldn't survive Patty.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

grovester wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:27 pm Tempting, but I'm afraid my marriage wouldn't survive Patty.
She's hypoallergenic and doesn't shed!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Cool. I remember seeing the vehicle around.