normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Phase 2 streetcar to UMKC

Post by normalthings »

smh wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:10 pm
normalthings wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:06 pm
smh wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:05 pm

I haven't looked at the design docs but are you sure the Pershing crossover isn't the existing switch?
Yes. There is a new crossover in the Pershing intersection and then the existing crossover north of US Station.
I see that now. Perhaps it replaces the existing switch?
Haven’t they had issues with that switch in the past? Maybe it’s a replacement to a more reliabile switch design/type?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

normalthings wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:12 pm
normalthings wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Yes. There is a new crossover in the Pershing intersection and then the existing crossover north of US Station.
Haven’t they had issues with that switch in the past? Maybe it’s a replacement to a more reliabile switch design/type?
Maybe so! I know these are early design documents, but it would be real nice to see all the channelized right turns along the route removed. Perhaps that's a later iteration of the design.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Yeah I was thinking maybe replacement? Maybe it will switch both ways now so you could run US to UMKC say in case of a downtown problem or event?

Seems Pershing to 27th (NB) and 45th and 47th should run in a dedicated (aka concrete barrier) lane.

Love the removal of HAWK signals.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

smh wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Maybe so! I know these are early design documents, but it would be real nice to see all the channelized right turns along the route removed. Perhaps that's a later iteration of the design.
When the next public comment comes up, PLEASE ASK FOR THIS. They can only take so much of me asking.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:58 pm
smh wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:24 pm

When the next public comment comes up, PLEASE ASK FOR THIS. They can only take so much of me asking.
Will do!
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Shouldn’t there have been an election for a new TDD officer this last election? I don’t remember seeing it in the ballot.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:42 pm Shouldn’t there have been an election for a new TDD officer this last election? I don’t remember seeing it in the ballot.
We were surprised to discover that if the seat is uncontested, no election is required in this case. That's good for ratepayers because the election costs are borne by the district. It would have been on the April ballot, which is something we also learned later (rather than being its own special election like the first one). Such a bizarre law!

Obviously people like to have choices in elections, but since the new TDD has no resources yet and those revenue sources haven't been turned on, no one was interested in challenging the two directors with one-year terms.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

DaveKCMO wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:44 pm
beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:42 pm Shouldn’t there have been an election for a new TDD officer this last election? I don’t remember seeing it in the ballot.
Obviously people like to have choices in elections, but since the new TDD has no resources yet and those revenue sources haven't been turned on, no one was interested in challenging the two directors with one-year terms.
Ok, so the two original directors ran again unopposed and “won”. Thanks for clearing up a curious question.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:53 pm
Ok, so the two original directors ran again unopposed and “won”. Thanks for clearing up a curious question.
It doesn’t pay. The filing fee is $5. There were options in the original election and none of them tried again.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DaveKCMO wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:56 pm
beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:53 pm
It doesn’t pay. The filing fee is $5. There were options in the original election and none of them tried again.
When was the filing deadline? How would a person learn when the next seats are up if they wanted to run?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

There hasn't been a post since September. Doesn't exactly feel like transparent governance. Haha
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

smh wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:02 am
There hasn't been a post since September. Doesn't exactly feel like transparent governance. Haha
Not much has actually been happening. Here's the post that's relevant: https://www.facebook.com/mainstreetrail ... =3&theater
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:22 pm
smh wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:02 am
Not much has actually been happening. Here's the post that's relevant: https://www.facebook.com/mainstreetrail ... =3&theater
I assume the notice was posted only in the Daily Record or something like that. Would be nice if next December there was at least an announcement on facebook. But I get that there really isn't any work going on at this point.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Draft Environmental Assessment document is available: http://kcstreetcar.org/about-streetcar/ ... extension/
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

What would need to happen in order to shut down main to cars and only allow cross traffic every few blocks. I know it’s unlikely, but what steps would need to be taken
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

With the rise of autonomous cars it might be easier to redirect traffic away
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Riverite wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:48 am What would need to happen in order to shut down main to cars and only allow cross traffic every few blocks. I know it’s unlikely, but what steps would need to be taken
Truman to 12th is the most likely segment, but if Cordish wants to shut Walnut for their lid that doesn't really help.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

No shutting down walnut.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

why would cordish want to shut down walnut when they're already so good at shutting down grand? /s