GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mgsports »

Tony Gonzalez,Ty Law up for Hall of Fame but others Sports go beyond 15 finalist.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

I had the unusual opportunity to attend the Chiefs/Colts game this past Saturday. Club level seats.

I had already been in the renovated club area during this past off-season for work stuff, so knew what a treat we were in for.

Impressive upgrades and game!

KC Snow ballers showed some impressive arm strength and accuracy all game long, as well. lol
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Well, I for one can't believe the Chiefs choked in the playoffs
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

phuqueue wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:53 pm Well, I for one can't believe the Chiefs choked lost in the playoffs
fyp
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Third highest scoring team in NFL history gets shut out in the first half; incredibly dumb and pointless offsides penalty wipes out game-sealing interception; game-sealing interception was needed in the first place thanks to terrible clock management (3:32 left in the game and five timeouts between the two teams and you don't bother calling a run until you're on the goal line, having burned off almost no clock?); kicked a game-tying FG when there was still time left for one more shot at the end zone

Sounds like a choke job to me. Maybe not a blow 28 point lead in 20 minutes choke job, but nonetheless another snatching defeat from the jaws of victory Chiefs playoff classic.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

A lot of things, but not a choke. It's fairly obvious NE is a better all around team.

That said, Bob Sutton needs to go, the lack of creativity on defense isn't sustainable. We'll end up wasting Mahomes.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Don't disagree that the defense on this team is terrible, but I have a hard time pinning this on them (except for that egregious and inexcusable offsides) when this team was built all around offense and the defense did, all things considered, a pretty good job of keeping the game manageable while the offense went AWOL for an entire half. It's not the defense's fault that Mahomes overthrew a wide open Williams and then followed up by running 15 yards backward to get himself sacked outside of field goal range. It's not the defense's fault that the Chiefs rolled up, what was it, like -11 yards of offense in the first quarter or something (that's probably an exaggeration, but I don't feel like checking the real numbers -- it was bad, in any case)? The defense intercepted Brady in the end zone and then the offense went three and out on the ensuing possession. I'm not going to say they couldn't get a whole lot better on defense, because, well, obviously. But if you build an offense-first team and then don't bother to play offense for a half, you can't really expect to win.

The Chiefs would be going to the Super Bowl if the defense had managed to get a stop in the last two minutes of regulation or in OT, it's true, but when you build a team the way the Chiefs are built, if you're relying on your defense to get you a game-saving stop, something has already gone wrong well before that point.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Seems like the NFL was figuring out the offense the second half of the season. It seems perfectly reasonable that someone like Belichick could come up with a plan to bollox up Mahomes for a half, particularly since they had very little time to adjust as their defense could not get off the field. TOP was like 40\20 Patriots.

I do expect our defense to be able to get a stop at the end, or at least hold someone to a field goal. They seem to have nothing but their base D and an ocasional vanilla blitz.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Losing Kareem Hunt was a loss too. While Damien Williams was good. I don’t know if he was a drop in replacement.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

They had a chance in OT if they could have gotten the ball back but don't have same rules as NBA does.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

OT in playoffs should just be one 10 minute quarter with 2 timeouts. Not first to score wins.
Also was that nuetral zone infraction kind of weak? I think u got to let that one go. Ford did not get anywhere close to affecting the play.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

At least it could be more like college. Since pro offenses are better, maybe give them the ball at the 50 yard line, and let them try to match each other. It would be pretty exciting.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

phuqueue wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:21 am Third highest scoring team in NFL history gets shut out in the first half; incredibly dumb and pointless offsides penalty wipes out game-sealing interception; game-sealing interception was needed in the first place thanks to terrible clock management (3:32 left in the game and five timeouts between the two teams and you don't bother calling a run until you're on the goal line, having burned off almost no clock?); kicked a game-tying FG when there was still time left for one more shot at the end zone

Sounds like a choke job to me. Maybe not a blow 28 point lead in 20 minutes choke job, but nonetheless another snatching defeat from the jaws of victory Chiefs playoff classic.
LOL. None of that is a choke. I've been watching this team for a long time and know what a choke looks like. There are literally dozens of examples tat fit better than an OT loss to Brady and Belichek in the AFC Championship. Maybe go back and show us all the penalties that weren't dumb and pointless throughout the year and I'll buy into your "choke" argument.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

In not so surprising fashion, the Chiefs have fired defensive coordinator Bob Sutton.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

All great points, the Chiefs totally didn't blow an immanently winnable playoff game for the nth time. Very sorry, I didn't mean to raise any hackles by suggesting that they could and should be going to the Super Bowl. You've been watching this team for a long time, so you know that it's no choke to go down in noble defeat against the God Coach Belichick and his Prince Brady. It's just too bad the Chiefs had the misfortune of running into the buzzsaw that is a Patriots team that had gone 3-5 on the road this year and was 3-4 in road playoff games in Brady's career. But it's no big deal, we're just happy to be here!
Maybe go back and show us all the penalties that weren't dumb and pointless throughout the year and I'll buy into your "choke" argument.
I don't really know what that is supposed to mean. They were committing dumb and pointless penalties all year, so the one that cost them the AFC Championship was, what, excusable?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

I went to see the new Spiderman movie during the game. It was great!
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

Flabby, old New England Patriots owner Bobby Kraft was (illegally) sowing his oats at the Young Orchid Asian Day Spa in Florida on the morning of the referenced playoff game. He flew privately to KC after his "massage."

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/k ... 64929.html
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Are we sure there was no in-flight entertainment?
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

grovester wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:21 pm Are we sure there was no in-flight entertainment?
Probably would have been smarter.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

That guy is a total creeper. His gf is 39 years younger, and when his wife died of cancer he basically immediately started getting younger girls. Think he only waited a couple weeks. I wasn't suprised at all that this happened.