Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Post by DaveKCMO »

MidtownCat wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:34 am Maybe we can get a laser tag or something in there.
Perhaps a Halloween or "Sell It On Ebay" store?
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

Dollar General?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Chess King.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Holloween in January Store
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Vape shop.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Is this a game of "what would have been in Downtown this year if the PnL hadn't happened"?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

No. What the Plaza may turn into.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Is Baldwin not really even based here anymore or have ties to the area? I noticed I got an email from them for some sale and noticed there address on the bottom is for LA.

I guess this kind of seals it on the website BALDWIN IS AN AMERICAN FASHION HOUSE BASED IN LOS ANGELES, CA

I can't believe they went away from there Midwestern roots and set up in a battlefield that is LA
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:57 pm Is Baldwin not really even based here anymore or have ties to the area? I noticed I got an email from them for some sale and noticed there address on the bottom is for LA.

I guess this kind of seals it on the website BALDWIN IS AN AMERICAN FASHION HOUSE BASED IN LOS ANGELES, CA

I can't believe they went away from there Midwestern roots and set up in a battlefield that is LA
They recently announced they would be moving headquarters to the LA area.
Midtownkid
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by Midtownkid »

I always wanted them to do well because they were local, but they really have the more BORING clothes ever. Everything is so plain and overpriced.
kcmiz
Pad site
Pad site

Post by kcmiz »

Why the hate for a successful locally grown company? The fashion industry in the US doesn’t really exist outside of New York and Los Angeles. Moving there to further grow and attract talent seems like a smart business move.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

The Plaza Move-OUTs thread really needs a shot of good news. Somebody make something up if you have to.
snigglefritz
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by snigglefritz »

Full service, 24-hour CVS moving into the old Tom Fooleries spot!

(just kidding, sorry everybody).
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

MidtownCat wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:08 am The Plaza Move-OUTs thread really needs a shot of good news. Somebody make something up if you have to.
We already told you about the Cinnabon. I don't know what else you want from us.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

WSPanic wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:05 pm
MidtownCat wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:08 am The Plaza Move-OUTs thread really needs a shot of good news. Somebody make something up if you have to.
We already told you about the Cinnabon. I don't know what else you want from us.
About a year ago I joked about an Orange Julius coming to the Plaza. And then a Cinnabon was actually announced and then making jokes about the Plaza becoming Metcalf South weren't so funny anymore.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

MidtownCat wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 pm
About a year ago I joked about an Orange Julius coming to the Plaza. And then a Cinnabon was actually announced and then making jokes about the Plaza becoming Metcalf South weren't so funny anymore.
A Cinnabon really was announced?
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

normalthings wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:11 pm
MidtownCat wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 pm

A Cinnabon really was announced?
Amazingly, yes.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/busines ... 25765.html
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Larkburger is pulling out of KC. 4800 Main is going to look super empty now, I hope a local place comes in, i honestly think its a perfect spot for Q39.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:23 pm Larkburger is pulling out of KC. 4800 Main is going to look super empty now, I hope a local place comes in, i honestly think its a perfect spot for Q39.
We're at a point where gourmet burger joints are a dime a dozen and there's not much you can do to separate yourself from the competition. With the exception of Wahlburgers (celebrity association) and Shake Shack with it's NYC trendiness, there's only so much a burger place can do to attract business, especially outside of their original cities.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

kcjak wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:00 pm
brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:23 pm Larkburger is pulling out of KC. 4800 Main is going to look super empty now, I hope a local place comes in, i honestly think its a perfect spot for Q39.
We're at a point where gourmet burger joints are a dime a dozen and there's not much you can do to separate yourself from the competition. With the exception of Wahlburgers (celebrity association) and Shake Shack with it's NYC trendiness, there's only so much a burger place can do to attract business, especially outside of their original cities.
I totally agree with that. I'm suprised Smashburger (Which is owned by Jollibee) is still around. I honestly think Wahlburgers will close up in this area but it will just take a little longer since they have HyVee as a backer.