Three Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Three Light

Post by TheLastGentleman »

I guess I'm just frustrated that architects never seem to have any fun with skybridges. Like, if you're going to do it, do something dramatic.

grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

NO WIMPY HONKY TUBES!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'm sure we will lose this one but I'm not a fan...not s Hill to die on.
mykn

Post by mykn »

grovester wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:37 pm NO WIMPY HONKY TUBES!
SAD.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

mykn wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:09 am
SAD.
WE NEED. TO BUILD. A SKYWALK.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

The sky bridge will provide shade certain times of the day. That will be nice for people out walking
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCPowercat wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:40 am I'm sure we will lose this one but I'm not a fan...not s Hill to die on.
Why not?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I mean if we are dying on hills, I'm on board.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

I just noticed that the images I posted show the roof slopping the opposite direction as in previous renderings
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I'm open to being wrong here. What's the objection to the bridge for private residents? I completely understand the objection for public buildings, but I don't get it here.

If someone wants to throw on a cover-up, walk to the pool, and not have to go through traffic and crosswalks, what's the objection?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I don't visually like skybridges at that height. I don't see the hassle of riding the elevator to L instead of 4 to go across the street. I don't like taking pedestrians off the street.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

KCPowercat wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:34 pm I don't visually like skybridges at that height. I don't see the hassle of riding the elevator to L instead of 4 to go across the street. I don't like taking pedestrians off the street.
I guess I'd argue they're not pedestrians, they're residents. I'm a little more open to the visual argument though.

But I don't think you're taking pedestrians off the streets in any impactful way. If it keeps ground level retail open to the public I'm all for it. I just don't think anyone is like I was going to go to the gym or pool, but now that I'm on the street I'm going to buy a bagel and coffee as I walk across a block.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

It insulates those residents from the environment. Can lead to them turning their retail or amenities more intenral not street facing.....

I just don't see the need for it...
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

KCPowercat wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:58 pm It insulates those residents from the environment. Can lead to them turning their retail or amenities more intenral not street facing.....

I just don't see the need for it...

I just don't see it, and really the opposite. Amenities are always going to be insulating. If we can keep the exclusive amenities up and keep the ground open to the public, I think that's a win for everyone.

If I wake up at 7 to make coffee and watch a soccer game, I don't want to go outside. Especially for younger people that don't pay for cable. I have no problem dieing on hills, but this won't be mine.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I get the not dying on a hill for it....I won't be addressing pz&e committee.on it
mykn

Post by mykn »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:34 am
mykn wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:09 am
SAD.
WE NEED. TO BUILD. A SKYWALK.
LOCK CORDISH UP! LOCK CORDISH UP!
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

Couple surveyors were in this parking lot this morning and it was blocked off from parking. Maybe getting ready to start construction?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

KC_JAYHAWK wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:40 pm Couple surveyors were in this parking lot this morning and it was blocked off from parking. Maybe getting ready to start construction?
I'm not sure they're there yet. Surveyors were testing the soil for One Cardinal Way in St. Louis about two months before the actual ground was broken. We'll see!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm
KC_JAYHAWK wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:40 pm Couple surveyors were in this parking lot this morning and it was blocked off from parking. Maybe getting ready to start construction?
I'm not sure they're there yet. Surveyors were testing the soil for One Cardinal Way in St. Louis about two months before the actual ground was broken. We'll see!
What's the occupancy of Two Light?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm
Agreed.

Another example.... It appears there are survey stakes of some sort around Terminal A but demo won’t start till the EA is approved next month.