Voter registration

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Voter registration

Post by WoodDraw »

No politics here :D

I moved within KC, and I'm having the hardest time getting this figured out.

I did change of address or whatever with the election board, and they now have my correct address on file, but they continue to send me cards telling me to vote at my previous address which is not close to where I live now or who represents me.

Have I done something wrong? Can anyone point me in a direction?
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Voter registration

Post by AllThingsKC »

I would double check with your local election board. If you moved within the KCMO part of Jackson County, you would contact the Kansas City election board (not the Jackson County election board). Otherwise, you'd contact the election board of Cass, Clay or Platte County if you live within the city limits of KCMO.
KC is the way to be!
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

AllThingsKC wrote:I would double check with your local election board. If you moved within the KCMO part of Jackson County, you would contact the Kansas City election board (not the Jackson County election board). Otherwise, you'd contact the election board of Cass, Clay or Platte County if you live within the city limits of KCMO.
I moved within Jackson county. And I keep having to vote provisionally (if at all). I just don't get it. It's been the most annoying experience.

Like I get my voter card with all of my correct information on it, but they keep telling me to go vote in a place I don't live in. And then I don't know where to go vote.
Last edited by WoodDraw on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Double post
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Ok, so you're dealing the Kansas City election board, which unfortunately isn't best known for it's competence, efficiency, or even integrity. I'll spare you the details of some of my worst experiences with the KCEB. But the KCEB isn't above violating state and federal laws.

Anyway, if you want to get your address changed, you have to keep on the KCEB and tell them the voter card info is correct, but you don't show up on the registrar when you vote. You keep on them until you get results. Of course in the mean time, you can also file a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General here: http://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/electio ... t_form.asp
KC is the way to be!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

I would go to the KCEB office (assuming you're in the KCMO part of Jackson County) and sit there until they figure it out. Unfortunate, but an in-person visit is probably the only way to resolve (other than reporting them to the SOS).
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Thanks guys. And yeah, I've moved from Kansas City to Kansas City so only KCEB.

I assumed that was the solution, but wanted to make sure before I turned up like an idiot. I'll reply back with results in case anyone else goes through this mess.