Town Center Plaza

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Town Center Plaza

Post by mgsports »

LL Bean coming
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Town Center Plaza

Post by mgh7676 »

LL Bean will be opening in November. The closest locations were in the Minneapolis/Chicago/Denver metros. Too bad the Plaza didn't pick up the first location in the metro.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 86013.html
jbean3535
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jbean3535 »

Bringing this guy back from the grave since it's the only Town Center Plaza thread I could find.

Dean & Deluca is slated to close May 21.
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life

Post by LCDSI »

that's too bad. I remember a few years ago when they were going to build a larger store where Trader Joes is but then backed out. I wonder what town center will do with that corner now.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

LCDSI wrote: I wonder what town center will do with that corner now.
Subsidies for 20 years to move Build a Bear Workshop from Oak Park Mall to Town Center
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

jbean3535 wrote:Bringing this guy back from the grave since it's the only Town Center Plaza thread I could find.

There was an article in the Wichita paper about how Dean & Deluca stores are starting to close all over the country regardless of profitability and no one knows where the corporate offices are because they technically left Wichita, but still maintain an office in Wichita and no one answered any numbers associated with the corporation when the news called them.

Lands' End did fairly decent traffic at Metcalf South inside Sears. I wouldn't be surprised if they chose TCP for their first KC standalone store. I also will not be surprised if REI jumps from Dumpster Fire to The Plaza or TCP soon.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Here Today? Five Below? Shopko Hometown? Ross? REI won't work with Dick's their.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

mgsports wrote:Here Today? Five Below? Shopko Hometown? Ross? REI won't work with Dick's their.
Dicks being there has nothing to do with whether or not REI would be willing to move there. I saw the post on Facebook where someone provided you with several examples of REI co-existing with Dicks and/or Sports Authority.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

empires228 wrote:
jbean3535 wrote:Bringing this guy back from the grave since it's the only Town Center Plaza thread I could find.

There was an article in the Wichita paper about how Dean & Deluca stores are starting to close all over the country regardless of profitability and no one knows where the corporate offices are because they technically left Wichita, but still maintain an office in Wichita and no one answered any numbers associated with the corporation when the news called them.

Lands' End did fairly decent traffic at Metcalf South inside Sears. I wouldn't be surprised if they chose TCP for their first KC standalone store. I also will not be surprised if REI jumps from Dumpster Fire to The Plaza or TCP soon.
I would think REI does fine in their current Dumpster Fire location, despite having the totally non-compatible Home Goods as a neighbor. And you know that Phase Two Dumpster Fire is going to break ground any minute now and make it overnight the finest retail destination in the metro...
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

With TJMAXX and so on.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

mistervinix wrote:
empires228 wrote:

I would think REI does fine in their current Dumpster Fire location, despite having the totally non-compatible Home Goods as a neighbor. And you know that Phase Two Dumpster Fire is going to break ground any minute now and make it overnight the finest retail destination in the metro...
With how much else has failed in that area, I feel like REI is vastly out of place. The shopping center over in Martin City has more shoppers with Kansas Plates at it than any of the retail off of 135th.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Martin City really doesn't have a Shopping Center so maybe they turn the former Sutherlands into one but really close to KCMO/Leawood.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

empires228 wrote: With how much else has failed in that area, I feel like REI is vastly out of place. The shopping center over in Martin City has more shoppers with Kansas Plates at it than any of the retail off of 135th.
Sales taxes are lower in Missouri for one.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

Vineyard Vines and Amazon 4* are currently under construction. Warby Parker and The Shade Store are recent additions to the area at Town Center Crossing. Went into Gap today and they looked about 10 minutes from liquidation.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Yes first Amazon 4 coming to it.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

empires228 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:29 pm Vineyard Vines and Amazon 4* are currently under construction. Warby Parker and The Shade Store are recent additions to the area at Town Center Crossing. Went into Gap today and they looked about 10 minutes from liquidation.
Will this kill the rumored "Amazon store" that was going to be in Prairie Fire's final phase?
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

mistervinix wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:34 am
empires228 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:29 pm Vineyard Vines and Amazon 4* are currently under construction. Warby Parker and The Shade Store are recent additions to the area at Town Center Crossing. Went into Gap today and they looked about 10 minutes from liquidation.
Will this kill the rumored "Amazon store" that was going to be in Prairie Fire's final phase?
I thought the Prairie Fire store was rumored to be an "Amazon Fresh" store.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/02/amazon- ... shops.html

Amazon is shutting 68 retail stores, ending Amazon Books, 4-star and Pop Up shops
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

alejandro46 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:12 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/02/amazon- ... shops.html

Amazon is shutting 68 retail stores, ending Amazon Books, 4-star and Pop Up shops
I guess that means the Plaza store won't happen. Kind of a silly concept anyway.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

daGOAT wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:15 pm
alejandro46 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:12 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/02/amazon- ... shops.html

I guess that means the Plaza store won't happen. Kind of a silly concept anyway.
I agree that it’s silly, but have you ever been? It’s really fun if you’re looking for gifts and stuff.