With Wahlburgers been built in Olathe

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

With Wahlburgers been built in Olathe

Post by mgsports »

Next spot OP,Lees Summit or so on.

Also next to enter area maybe should be Capriotti's,Del Taco,Lamberts or so on.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: With Wahlburgers been built in Olathe

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I have a feeling Wahlburgers will be a flop and the brand will cease to exist in 5-10 years. We are hitting fancy burger saturation. A few in NYC are already closing up, the reviews are hit or miss at other locations, they won't release financial information on the restaurants as a whole and I guarantee Hyvee has a way to exit the partnership if they start seeing the first few restaurants flop.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

It looks like Hy-Vee is closing some fulfillment center in KC. Not sure what that is, is it for online grocery?

I noticed another article that says all the Market Grilles in Twin Cities are going to transition to Wahlburgers, wonder if this is going to happen in KC. I feel like this is a huge mistake and could really damage Hy-Vee long term but it's possible these market grilles were losing tons of money, who knows.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:51 pm It looks like Hy-Vee is closing some fulfillment center in KC. Not sure what that is, is it for online grocery?

I noticed another article that says all the Market Grilles in Twin Cities are going to transition to Wahlburgers, wonder if this is going to happen in KC. I feel like this is a huge mistake and could really damage Hy-Vee long term but it's possible these market grilles were losing tons of money, who knows.
They're not telling the whole story on the layoffs.

They're laying off 600 people and shifting their jobs into the stores.

Our closest Hy-Vee is cutting back it's hours, no longer being open 24 hours to shift staff in the store to order fulfillment.
If they have 600 workers needing a job they could easily move staff into the stores and not lay them off and not cut open hours.

They hurt their sit down meal business when they shifted to the Market Grills. We would often coordinate eating lunch with a grocery trip, at least once a month. It was easy to do with kids. We've completely stopped going there for sit down food completely. We might get food once of twice a year to go during a sale.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

They just shifted people from the stores to the fulfillment centers, they're not going to shift them back.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Also one maybe Bluhawk Wahlburgers.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Hy-Vee will replace restaurants with celebrity burger chain
Hy-Vee grocery stores will replace their full-service restaurants with a celebrity burger chain.

Wahlburgers will replace all 21 Market Grille restaurants, according to Supermarket News. West Des Moines, Iowa-based Hy-Vee Inc. currently operates two full-service Market Grille restaurants in Lee's Summit and Olathe. It also has 16 Market Grille Express locations in the Kansas City area, but those are unaffected by this change.
https://tinyurl.com/vj7ch8w
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Theirs no location Lee's Summit or any where else in MO yet.