Shoal Creek Valley Neighborhood Plan

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Shoal Creek Valley Neighborhood Plan

Post by SWFan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:20 pm

Looks like they have plans to put in a bunch of residential in a large chunk of farmland bounded by Shoal Creek Parkway, Flintlock, 76th Street, and MO-152.

http://maps.kcmo.org/kcgis/rest/service ... ents/27212

We live near that area and I've always wondered why there was farmland nestled there as well as across Shoal Creek to the west when developments are springing up miles to the north.

Slobberknockers
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Shoal Creek Valley Neighborhood Plan

Post by Slobberknockers » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:22 am

You put that many houses there and there better be a plan to help with traffic on 152, it's already a mess now IMO.

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by flyingember » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:21 am

Slobberknockers wrote:You put that many houses there and there better be a plan to help with traffic on 152, it's already a mess now IMO.
There's no fix, this will be the third major round of road widening and reconfiguration over I-35. I lived in Liberty during the first one and remember when walmart moved into Kansas City. At the pace of growth the newest bridge project will help for no more than 10 years, probably less.

Need to add public transit and reduce the space for cars to help with traffic.

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by FangKC » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:36 pm

SWFan wrote:Looks like they have plans to put in a bunch of residential in a large chunk of farmland bounded by Shoal Creek Parkway, Flintlock, 76th Street, and MO-152.

http://maps.kcmo.org/kcgis/rest/service ... ents/27212

We live near that area and I've always wondered why there was farmland nestled there as well as across Shoal Creek to the west when developments are springing up miles to the north.
My guess is that the large parcel in question was long-time family farm and the owners were reluctant to sell for emotional reasons. What finally happens is the primary title holder goes into a nursing home, or dies, and the heirs, who might not even live in the area any longer sell off the land for a big payout.

zlohban
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by zlohban » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:06 pm

Land is being cleared at 108th and Eastern Ave. also. Can someone find the sight plan? Although most of this traffic will probably use 435.

Tree clearing east of Eastern Ave. south of 108th too. Lots of new houses going up north of mo152.