Streetcar to the riverfront

Transportation topics in KC
User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 16261
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:24 pm

ldai_phs wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:
tower wrote:PortKC still plans to fund this without the grant, right? Where do they expect to get the money from?


I'm told yes.

What happens with the Plaza Extension if there is not federal money? Scale Back design? Single Track sections?


TBD, but I can assure you we won't single track it. That would be a ridiculous waste of money. Pray for blue in the midterms!

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 28318
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby KCPowercat » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Thank goodness, I would have voted no if there was any talk of single track.

Riverite
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby Riverite » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:37 pm

DaveKCMO wrote:
ldai_phs wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:
I'm told yes.

What happens with the Plaza Extension if there is not federal money? Scale Back design? Single Track sections?


TBD, but I can assure you we won't single track it. That would be a ridiculous waste of money. Pray for blue in the midterms!



Or better vote blue in the midterms

chingon
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:47 pm
Location: South Plaza

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby chingon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 am

Riverite wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:
ldai_phs wrote:What happens with the Plaza Extension if there is not federal money? Scale Back design? Single Track sections?


TBD, but I can assure you we won't single track it. That would be a ridiculous waste of money. Pray for blue in the midterms!



Or better vote blue in the midterms


Both are about equally effective.

User avatar
beautyfromashes
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4035
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:04 am

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby beautyfromashes » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:02 am

chingon wrote:Both are about equally INeffective.

FYP

chingon
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:47 pm
Location: South Plaza

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby chingon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:56 pm

beautyfromashes wrote:
chingon wrote:Both are about equally INeffective.

FYP


Ah, yes. Thank you.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 16261
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Thu May 03, 2018 8:35 pm

Project advancing to 30% design. Will probably apply for the TIGER/BUILD grant program again, especially since it was boosted to $1.5 billion by Congress (despite Trump's efforts to dismantle).

WoodDraw
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower
Posts: 1209
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:53 pm

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby WoodDraw » Thu May 03, 2018 9:25 pm

DaveKCMO wrote:Project advancing to 30% design. Will probably apply for the TIGER/BUILD grant program again, especially since it was boosted to $1.5 billion by Congress (despite Trump's efforts to dismantle).


Any more casino talk?

User avatar
taxi
Valencia Place
Valencia Place
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:32 am
Location: North End
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby taxi » Fri May 04, 2018 9:34 am

You bethca!

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 16261
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Fri May 04, 2018 10:25 am

WoodDraw wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:Project advancing to 30% design. Will probably apply for the TIGER/BUILD grant program again, especially since it was boosted to $1.5 billion by Congress (despite Trump's efforts to dismantle).


Any more casino talk?


Yes.

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 28318
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby KCPowercat » Fri May 04, 2018 11:06 am

Excited . Gif

User avatar
normalthings
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby normalthings » Sat May 05, 2018 2:16 pm

DaveKCMO wrote:
WoodDraw wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:Project advancing to 30% design. Will probably apply for the TIGER/BUILD grant program again, especially since it was boosted to $1.5 billion by Congress (despite Trump's efforts to dismantle).


Any more casino talk?


Yes.

What do you think about such extension?

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 16261
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Sat May 05, 2018 2:21 pm

ldai_phs wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:
WoodDraw wrote:
Any more casino talk?


Yes.

What do you think about such extension?


Excellent idea... if the casino provides some direct equity or covers some operational cost for an extended period of time. I'm told the Port will take ownership of the underlying property from the city, so that should make development of the adjacent surface parking into something cool a lot easier.


Return to “Kansas City Transportation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scooterj and 6 guests