Our Daily Nada (304 Delaware- RM)

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Our Daily Nada (304 Delaware- RM)

Post by kboish »

The bookstore previously discussed gets some more detail from Collison in this article

Located at 304 Delaware next door to Farmhouse. They will have wine, craft beers, and cocktails in addition to coffee. The Bite in the city market will prepare food for the space. Sounds like a solid addition. Good luck to them!
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Our Daily Nada (304 Delaware- RM)

Post by earthling »

This sounds great. Not just any bookstore, sounds like it will have a lot of character and a good hangout vibe. Look forward to spending much time there.

This is the rabbit hole style bookstore that was referenced as inspiration...

And this one...
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

Looks great! That was one thing I always thought Kansas City needed, prosperos is great, but I always want a coffee when I'm in there. Luckily nomads is next door now. I'd also like to see the kc library team up with places coffee shops like the Nelson did with quay. I think it would bring a lot of people there that may otherwise not go.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

Delaware is also one of my favorite streets. I'd love to see them have an outdoor seating and the old fashioned sign like quay and Il lazzarone
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

it's going to have a whole different vibe in a year or two as slawson focuses on active uses for ground-floor tenants (as well as upgrading others, like cafe al dente).
ToDactivist
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ToDactivist »

Riverite wrote:Looks great! That was one thing I always thought Kansas City needed, prosperos is great, but I always want a coffee when I'm in there. Luckily nomads is next door now. I'd also like to see the kc library team up with places coffee shops like the Nelson did with quay. I think it would bring a lot of people there that may otherwise not go.
the downtown library does have a coffee shop.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Interesting name choice BTW, which I assume is based on Hemingway's 'A Clean Well-Lighted Place,' his expression of nihilism and heading to a place to escape the darkness and nothingness. Hemingway was of course based in KC for a while as a Star reporter.
tower
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tower »

Great name. The story would really help set the mood. They should put it on the back of the drinks menu or something, it's too short to buy. And then put Hemingway books front and center.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I thought it was Spanish for "swim"
tower
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tower »

In this case it is spanish for "nothing" but it is also the present form of "he/she swims".