3260 Main

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
mykn

Re: 3260 Main

Post by mykn »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote:
mykn wrote:I can remember if I posted this before, but they said they have another 2-3 projects planned for Main St but haven't been announced yet.
Great! I believe you mentioned the Mattress Store site as one possible project. Any idea on other potential locations?
That was the only one they would tell us a location for at the moment.
mykn

Post by mykn »

Video from the architects here: https://vimeo.com/241558889
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

That looks amazing!
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

I'm really excited to see main become a modicum of pedestrian activity, hopefully something can be done to mitigate the effects of the parking lot at home depot too
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

did they get incentives
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

normalthings wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:44 pm did they get incentives
From October 26th 2017...
A Kansas City economic development agency on Wednesday approved property tax abatements for three redevelopment projects that will include 155 market-rate apartment units...

The larger of the two FFV redevelopments is a $16.8 million project involving the construction of a new six-story, mixed-use building that will include 82 apartments, 7,710 feet of commercial space and 60 structured parking spaces at 3620 Main St., which is currently an underused parking lot immediately south of the ABC Storage building...

The board of the Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority approved a 10-year, 75 percent abatement for both projects in accordance with an incentive reform ordinance adopted in October 2016. It limits incentives to 75 percent with a couple of exceptions, which the FFV projects did not qualify for.

The abatement, which will be worth $1.5 million over the 10 years, was necessary because the projects' achievable rents, which will average about $1,400 a unit, do not support the estimated construction costs of $181 a square foot, according to Dan Moye, a principal development analyst with the Economic Development Corp. of Kansas City.
So in short, yes. This project received a 10 year, 75% tax abatement. Because no work happened, I wonder if the abatement is still valid.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... ments.html
mykn

Post by mykn »

normalthings wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:44 pm did they get incentives
Has there been any updates on this project? I just assumed it was dead
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

I thought so too, hopefully it’s going forward that part is in desperate need of better street interaction
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

It's listed as 'Prospective' on Berkadia's recent Q2 pipeline report, a notch down from 'Planned'...

https://www.berkadia.com/wp-content/upl ... Report.pdf
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

it might be on the back burner until the streetcar line to the Plaza is completed.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

I was assuming that this is dead. I can't recall the source, but I seem to remember hearing that this developer's similar proposal on 39th St. was dead

I just checked B+A's website and they still have this project listed (no 39th St). I'm not sure if there is any significance in that. There also seems to be a couple renderings that I don't recall seeing before, but I may be mistaken on that.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

For sale sign up on the property.