OFFICIAL - Antioch Crossing

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: OFFICIAL: Antioch Crossing

Post by im2kull »

Roanoker wrote:We used to go to Antioch Mall all the time. It suit us just fine. We stopped going, not because it failed, but because some moron development company chased off all the tenants. And then they left the whole thing "standing," crumbling in the elements and allowing it to disintegrate into an uninhabitable corpse. I will gladly welcome any successful attempt to revitalize the place with shops. So will a lot of other people.
I agree with you too Roanoker. I used to go all the time, until there was nothing left to go to. Same with Metro North Mall. I just don't think the area could sustain a major development (Or Re-development) on that site if it were all commercial/retail. Maybe a few years ago, but not now with all the development along Barry Rd from Zona Rosa to Liberty. I don't even know if a re-development of Metro North could work anymore. That's how over-saturated the Northland has become with shopping centers. Not just that, but the majority of people who used to visit Antioch Center are no longer here. The clientele has completely changed. Hardly anyone under 25 remembers the place, and sadly the same is about to be true with Metro North. They would have to do so much to attract new customers that it's almost impossible to picture it succeeding with everyone in that age group already being set in their ways about where to shop (ZR, Barry Rd, Liberty). I just don't see it succeeding. Which is a shame :(

It's kinda like re-developing Bannister Mall. Nobody wants to admit it, but we all know it would fail..or at least never pick back up the traffic that it used to have. That's why we really missed a great opportunity with the Wizards abandoning their plans to build there. Nothing else is ever going to succeed to that extent.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

A Walmart Neighborhood Market is expected to be a key tenant at the refinished Antioch Crossing.
Stockton
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Stockton »

mgsports wrote:A Walmart Neighborhood Market is expected to be a key tenant at the refinished Antioch Crossing.
A Walmart N.M. would be a perfect fit for the area! Although, the regular Walmart isn't that far up the road.

http://antiochcrossing.com/

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... super.html
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: OFFICIAL: Antioch Center

Post by flyingember »

I was by this mall yesterday

the new parking lot is coming along, they have new pavement at one entrance and are laying stakes for additional concrete

the annex across the street is continuing on the modernization of the front. it's not the best match, but at least it will stop being very 1980s.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

What mall?
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://s.lnimg.com/attachments/A/A/7/AA ... CB6748.pdf Also K-Mart space across the street is for Sale and shows that Grocery Store to be in Middle.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

they paved/repaved on either side of Burlington Coat Factory yesterday and were doing more earth grading south of there.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

I was just by the mall late this morning and there is a new building going up, which I assume is the Wal-Mart neighborhood store mentioned in the link above.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

One new Wal Mart will probably result in spreading blight on the Antioch & Vivion intersection. I imagine soon to be empty will be the K-Mart and Apple Market so instead of one blighted corner there will be two.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

moderne wrote:One new Wal Mart will probably result in spreading blight on the Antioch & Vivion intersection. I imagine soon to be empty will be the K-Mart and Apple Market so instead of one blighted corner there will be two.
Isn't the Apple Market already abandoned? That K-Mart is definitely high on the list of possible abandonments. They've closed the Liberty and N. Oak locations. We went from five locations in the Northland to just two.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Kmart is closed.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

mgsports wrote:Kmart is closed.
The K-Mart across the street from Antioch Center is still open. Right now the only two K-Marts open in the Northland is the Antioch Center one and the one over at 72nd and I-29.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

the new walmart grocery store is coming along. the outside is largely done
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://antiochcrossing.com/director/ Lots of new places announced but all,already have locations here.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

Fox has a short piece on Antioch Center.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/12/03/multi-mill ... all-space/

We've eaten at the PepperJax down in south OP/Olathe. I liked it, glad to see one closer to home.

I hope they re-do the exterior of Sears and Burlington, especially Burlington. Those two remaining pieces of the old mall look dated and the Burlington exterior looks particularly dirty and nasty.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

The little center to the SW of this development has major work underway. The entire lower facade and much of the walls are gone.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Antioch Crossing

Post by mgsports »

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Antioch Crossing

Post by flyingember »

Is anyone surprised?