Politics

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Politics

Post by phuqueue »

Post-Comey polls haven't really moved so it doesn't really seem like this has hurt her. The polls were already tightening over the past week or two, but the email thing doesn't seem to have had much additional impact. And I'd probably slow your roll on President Kaine there since the FBI already recommended no charges and the "new" emails were neither to nor from HRC and may or may not actually be new anyway. Comey wanted to insert himself into the political process again but he doesn't actually have anything -- which is why even Republicans are turning on him.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Comey did what he did because of the internal fighting within the FBI. There was sure to be a leak about the emails from those within the FBI who think Hillary should be charged for whatever. As one talking head said, he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. His big mistake was how the letter to Congress was worded. More details should have been included.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

On Missouri potentially becoming a major defiant state against The Establishment if all outsiders win regardless of party...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... c86ce988af
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

If you still think Dems won't turn out for Hillary, I present to you Nevada: http://www.ktnv.com/news/ralston/the-ne ... oting-blog
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

This is a new controversial realtime estimator of early voting, exit polls and turnout. Only shows a few close states. Is too close so far to be much of an indicator if even an accurate method.

http://www.slate.com/votecastr_election ... acker.html

As of 11AM, it claims Clinton leads FL, OH, WI, IA, CO, NV and Trump currently leads PA.

If Clinton gets FL it's likely over unless Trump gets most every other swing state.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Thank god I have something new to refresh repeatedly. I had worn out my 538 link.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

1PM tracking according to...
http://www.slate.com/votecastr_election ... acker.html

Clinton lead in all of the states they track...

ST: Clinton / Trump
FL: 3784K / 3513K
IA: 444K / 421K
NV: 350K / 340K
NH: 145K / 134K
OH; 1611K / 1556K
PA: 1302K / 1214K
WI: 776K / 654K

(they are using a new experimental method, no history of accuracy)
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

If those numbers are accurate, Florida's vote turnout is going to blow 2012 out of the water.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

You know if Trump didn't actually say the Wall stuff and ran the campaign similar to Sanders like preaching about the unfair trade deals, etc. I really think he would have won, there is a slim chance he wins tonight but its not looking good. The Wall stuff most likely doesn't bring out the racist/ones that don't really vote types but he would have won a lot of support from within his own party who are most likely voting Clinton or sitting out.

The Latino vote will be the underappreciated vote in this election and most likely the key to a Clinton Victory in a few states.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote:If those numbers are accurate, Florida's vote turnout is going to blow 2012 out of the water.
CNN was reporting this morning that Floridia's early voting was already greater than 2012's total voting.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

CNN also says OH is leaning Trump, which conflicts with Votecastr (though showing very close at the moment). NC and UT also mostly Trump according to CNN.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

How are the lines in KC and are the systems slow like for the Primaries? I did absentee ballot...
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

earthling wrote:How are the lines in KC and are the systems slow like for the Primaries? I did absentee ballot...
Crazy good turnout in MO, hearing from coworkers in KS some places had no line at 7am.

Looks like KCEB fixed their issues.

I stood in line for about 50 minutes, saw a twitter photo from same place right after lunch at the same length.

One really long 3.5 hour line reported at Northland Cathedral which makes no sense because my voting place was moving more through than 200 people per hour. Clay Co has their act together.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

see some of you guys in the camps.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I kind of knew this would happen and its karma for screwing over Bernie. I truely believe Bernie would have won if he went up against Trump, he was similar to Trump but in the progressive Democrat form. He also got the young people excited while the young didn't care about Hillary as much.

In my opinion this video sums up Hillary.
My Opponent is a LIAR: http://youtu.be/TlqKFlU7YAs
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

I saw on social media a very accurate summation of this election:

Donald Trump is the only person who could have lost to Hillary Clinton
Hillary Clinton is the only person who could have lost to Donald Trump
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

what an embarrassment.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Do liberals have any more states they want Donald Trump to flip for them or are they too busy trying to figure out how they lost the White House, House, and Senate? Seriously, it's one thing to misjudge an election. No big deal there. But how does it happen as badly as it did? How did the left get that far from reality?

On another note, who do you think will be in President-Elect Donald Trump's cabinet?
KC is the way to be!
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Your guy may have won but at least I'll live the rest of my life knowing I didn't vote for a white supremacist.

Saw Chris Rock the other night, who joked that the thing he loves about Trump is that his existence proves black people haven't been overreacting. And he's right, although I imagine he's not laughing about it now. Conservatives in particular have argued that we're "beyond" racism because we have a black president. But it's self-evident from his own words that Trump is virulently racist. Even Republicans have called him out on this. So you voted for an openly racist, proudly misogynist hate-monger. What does that say about you?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Can we just end the electoral? She is winning the popular vote