Rent/Buy My Apartment

Commercial interests may post here. Please see the rules before posting.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Rent/Buy My Apartment

Post by bahua »

I moved away, and it looks like starting denverrag.com will probably not be very effective. But a niggling problem I have now is that my apartment in KC sits unoccupied, and sales attempts have been less than encouraging. What makes that crazy is that it's a fantastic apartment. Two bedrooms, two full baths, 1400+ square feet, and a perfect location(Coffee Lofts, near 7th and Broadway). It's had lots of work done on it to get it ready for a sale though: new baseboards, new kitchen sink and faucet, we ripped out the janky venetian blinds and hung some very nice curtains, replaced the air conditioner's compressor, fixed some plumbing, toilets, lighting, ceiling fans, and some walls around the place.

Are you or is someone you know looking for a great place to live? We're asking $1550 a month for it. Please spread the word. Here's the posting if you want to pass it to anyone. Any questions are welcome either in the thread or via PM if you prefer.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Rent/Buy My Apartment

Post by flyingember »

get your photos retaken. all the bare concrete, especially the floors, make the place look like it's uninviting.
you have a lot of 1990s wood style and the amount of bareness makes the place look bare bones. and at that price you don't want bare bones. that's more than my mortgage, taxes and insurance for more space, more bedrooms, parking included. you have to sell the space as quality downtown space with all the new construction too.

stage the place, even if you cheat and reuse pieces room to room, some large carpets will help a lot. like that kitchen shot, some stools to make it look usable, a small table in the dining area, a couch in the living space. take down the map and make the curtains look better than all over the place.

the second bedroom photo is exactly what I'm talking about to mimic

people like to see a place as holding a certain size of bed so if you can fit a king or queen in one say so.

you don't have to use me but I do take real estate photos so I know this subject.
http://blazingcirclephotography.com/property.photo
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Photos are for many the first look at a place. When we sold our house the photos taken of it were just great. Can't prove it but I think the photos did it. House next door was on the market for months at a lower price than our house, photos so-so. We had two offers within the first week with many lookers, way more than we were expecting.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

get rid of the guitar and replace it with a sax. everyone knows that only losers play the guitar and this shows in photo #7. at this price point a more sophisticated instrument will help. i can rent an entire recording studio in raypec for this price, with instruments and free coffee. is that an Eames chair or a knockoff? people like mid century modern but crave authenticity. This matters to most folks looking to rent, furnished or not.

the space looks dead and needs plants. green is very in and will sell properties, I own some and know this. put flowers everywhere and tropical plants are good too. they produce oxygen and eat carbon monoxide. this is important in the city, where people are increasingly disconnected with nature

nekid chicks will help tremendously. people like them, even other chicks do. this sells, just ask anyone. i had a neighbor who tried to sell a car and i put my clunker on craigslist with a chick in a bikini and cowboy boots on the hood and the first girl who came to look at it bought it. for more than the asking price. she even let me keep the air freshener.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

taxi wrote:get rid of the guitar and replace it with a sax. everyone knows that only losers play the guitar and this shows in photo #7. at this price point a more sophisticated instrument will help. i can rent an entire recording studio in raypec for this price, with instruments and free coffee. is that an Eames chair or a knockoff? people like mid century modern but crave authenticity. This matters to most folks looking to rent, furnished or not.

the space looks dead and needs plants. green is very in and will sell properties, I own some and know this. put flowers everywhere and tropical plants are good too. they produce oxygen and eat carbon monoxide. this is important in the city, where people are increasingly disconnected with nature

nekid chicks will help tremendously. people like them, even other chicks do. this sells, just ask anyone. i had a neighbor who tried to sell a car and i put my clunker on craigslist with a chick in a bikini and cowboy boots on the hood and the first girl who came to look at it bought it. for more than the asking price. she even let me keep the air freshener.
HAHAHAHA, beautiful. =D>