Northland growth is mindblowing!

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I think we can see some possible tenants for Z.N. in Eastland though....Steiner seems to sign the same tenants....but it won't be the size of Eastland...and that's alright, we already have our premier shopping area for the city.

I think Metro North will come back....they need to and with the growth of Northland, I think it will. They really aren't that bad, they just need to sign some newer tenants like Abercrombie, etc...that's what the kids want...they don't care about having Dillards, Jones, & Penney's as much as those smaller stores.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Metro North needs to dissect the interior and update it. The mall reminds me of the one in St. Joseph with the old school ceilings/floors/designs. It's a nightmare from the early-80s!
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCgridlock

Post by KCgridlock »

Zona Rosa is not the best example of "new urbanism", but it's better than anything going up right now in KC. They have removed a lot of residential from initial plans and there are little office at least in the first phases, I hope it turns out ok .

I would like to hear more about the Lenexa project, I saw the renderings for that and laghed it off like it would never happen at least not at those densitys etc. So it is moving along?

Shoal Creek will be closer to "new urbanisim" than Zona Rosa, because it's largest component will be residential and it it a very very large master planned community alowing more inovative things to happen. Shoal Creek will have some traditional suburban areas as well.

That development near Maple Woods Parkway is supposed to incorporate "new urbanism" as well, but I don't know much about it.

La Bella Vita is real unclear to me, everything they have built so far is as suburban as you can get, so we will see, but the town square sounds kinda cool as a center for the area.

Back to Zona Rosa, that area of the northland could use another big megaplex so don't be suprised if Dickison comes in or something. Independence Commons and Barrywoods are both top performers in the AMC chain and constantly sell out.
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

The Lenexa plan is moving forward, slowly but surely. It's with out a doubt the truest "new urbanism" project slated for KC.

64.5 Acres of 5-7 story vertically integrated buildings with ground floor retail and residential/office on the adjoing floors. Plenty of greenspace will be blended with on street parking and hidden parking decks that resemble the rest of the area rather than grey concrete.

To further spur development and add to the aethetic appeal of this project, a 27-hole Championship golf course WILL BE developed adjacent to and integrated into the City Center project. The golf component is a done deal and dirt should be moving soon.
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

You talk about that project like it's your baby :) Like you did a lot of work on it or something... ;)
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by ShowME »

Does anyone know how far north the city is building Shoal Creek Parkway to go? Also if anyone has any aerials or plans that would be great. I'm hoping at least to 291.
Calling a spade a spade.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

ShowME wrote:Does anyone know how far north the city is building Shoal Creek Parkway to go? Also if anyone has any aerials or plans that would be great. I'm hoping at least to 291.
I have seen maps showing it going only as far as NE 96th St., then turning west along the 96 st. alignment to intersect with I-435.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

go to http://www.renaissancenorth.com and you can find an aerial map there (I forgot the link to go to)