2013 - 2014 College Football Season

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: 2013 - 2014 College Football Season

Post by KC-wildcat »

AllThingsKC wrote:It's odd you think Alabama is somehow Mizzou's "daddy" or that OU's win somehow has an impact on Mizzou.
Funny, I just visited http://tigerboard.com/boards/list.php?board=2 and the front page of the message board contains between 10-15 threads devoted to the OU/Bama Sugar Bowl. Quite a bit more discussion of Bama than MU's own game against OSU!!!

I particularly enjoyed this thread and the first response. Pretty much sums up what I've been saying.

In a "down" year, SEC goes 5-5 at worst at this point

pfann4mizzou MU

Down only due to the record number of NFL draftees last spring. When you have record turnover, it is bound to have an impact on the field. What happens if the conference sends another high number of players to the NFL this year? The only thing that will beat the SEC is our success.

Goddam. When did this become the SEC board?

Butch Coolidge MU

You think anyone in Arkansas, Mississippi or Florida gives a damn whether we win tonight? Some people are so over-the-top with this conference stuff.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

This was another nice thread by an aptly named poster

Oklahoma beat the third team from the SEC

SoutheastConferenceTiger

let the chest thumping commence

Of course, he doesn't recognize that at 7-2 in Conference, OU was in a 3-way tie for second place in the BigXII. And, at 7-1, 11-2 overall, Bama tied for the best record in the SEC. I mean, no MU fan actually believes Bama was the 3rd best team in the SEC, right? would love to see MU line up with either of those teams from last night.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KC-wildcat wrote:Funny, I just visited http://tigerboard.com/boards/list.php?board=2
Visiting Tigerboard? Yeah, you're not obsessed at all. Number of times I've visited KSU and KU boards in the last 2 years: 0. In fact, I don't know even what the KSU message board is! That's not a slam on KSU. I'm just not obsessed with KSU, so I have no desire to visit there. Therefore, I haven't looked it up.
KC-wildcat wrote: Quite a bit more discussion of Bama than MU's own game against OSU!!!
Probably because that game hasn't be played yet? There will be much more discussion about as we find out how the game went. Win or lose, Mizzou fans will be complaining about everything. Of course, you already know that from the time you've spend on Tigerboard. My guess is you'll be on there all night.
KC-wildcat wrote:This was another nice thread by an aptly named poster
Yep. All night. See you there. Obsession.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

Hey, AKC, just a couple of guys BBSn on a message board, ya know? You say MU is indifferent to Bama - I go right to the heart of the matter. tigerboard. And now I'm obsessed. haha.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

harbinger911 wrote:
KC-wildcat wrote: OU played 10x above their heads, but congrats to them beating the SEC's 3rd best team.

The SEC is so far superior to the Big 12, don't you see how insane you look?
did not read rest of post.

few things. Tell me you seriously believe Bama is the 3rd best team in the SEC this year. OU was not the Big XII's best team. In fact, tied 3-way for 2nd. And, MU would have finished 3rd or 4th in the BigXII this year, behind Baylor and OU. Likely on par with OSU. But, congrats on having a stronger Conference!! =D>
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Alabama winning the national championship (again) did nothing for Mizzou. Mizzou gets no claim in that.

Alabama losing a BCS Bowl (again) does nothing for Mizzou. Mizzou gets no claim in that.

And yes, if you care enough to go out of your way to visit Tigerboard to see what they're saying, then that is a form of obsession, yes.
KC-wildcat wrote:And, MU would have finished 3rd or 4th in the BigXII this year, behind Baylor and OU. Likely on par with OSU.
And K-State would have gone 0-12 in the SEC. Hypotheticals are fun, aren't they?
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

AllThingsKC wrote:Alabama winning the national championship (again) did nothing for Mizzou. Mizzou gets no claim in that.

Alabama losing a BCS Bowl (again) does nothing for Mizzou. Mizzou gets no claim in that.

And yes, if you care enough to go out of your way to visit Tigerboard to see what they're saying, then that is a form of obsession, yes.
KC-wildcat wrote:And, MU would have finished 3rd or 4th in the BigXII this year, behind Baylor and OU. Likely on par with OSU.
And K-State would have 0-12 in the SEC. Hypotheticals are fun, aren't they?
It's like discussing development news on kcrag and googling a business journal article to link/post in a thread. Same thing, no? Guess we have different definitions of obsession.

And, yeah, I agree, MU gets no claim in any of Bama's success/failure. Tell that to MIZ fans. that's my point. again, obsession aside, visit tigerboard. You guys are more defensive about Bama's loss that you will be about your own loss to OSU.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

I've already mention many times that MIZZOU FANS ARE IDIOTS. Well, maybe not every Mizzou fan, but a decent portion of Tigerboard is. Some of that is to be expected since fans tend to be very passionate about their favorite team. But, judging by the reactions of K-State fans in this own thread (which I'm fully aware is far from scientific), K-State fans seem happier about OU's win over their own win over Michigan. I bet if I go to whatever the KSU board is, there will be more posts about OU's win then KSU's win. It doesn't make them bad people. It's a fan thing. It's completely stupid, but it's a fan thing.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

AllThingsKC wrote:I've already mention many times that MIZZOU FANS ARE IDIOTS.
[/end thread]
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

I can't tell you the number of times I've been told I'm a bad Mizzou fan because I root for Sporting KC. How dare I root for a Kansas team! How dare I root for the Chiefs! KU fans root for the Chiefs or Royals! The Chiefs are KU's team! Let KU deal with the Royals! A true Missouri fan would root for the Cardinals! The Cardinals are Missouri's team. And, blah, blah, blah.

Some Mizzou fans take they're loyalty way too far...and that's exactly what you're seeing on Tigerboard.

I'm not a good Kansas Citian because I'm a Mizzou fan. I'm not a good Mizzou fan because I'm a Kansas Citian.

That's why I'm not shy about admitting: MIZZOU FANS PISS ME OFF SOMETIMES! :P
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

harbinger, for your own sake, just stop. you're embarrasing yourself.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

harbinger911 wrote:wildcat, have you talked to your mom or dad today?
Each day could be our last, choose wisely wildcat....choose life.
it's for cases such as these that the facepalm emoticon was invented.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

harbinger911 wrote:wildcat, have you talked to your mom or dad today?
Each day could be our last, choose wisely wildcat....choose life.
Predictions for tonight, oh sage one?
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

harbinger911 wrote:
bobbyhawks wrote:Predictions for tonight, oh sage one?
get ready little lady, hell is coming to breakfast
http://youtu.be/6ab8LfAopNE
Oh, I see. You are bold enough to call KU fans jaydorks, yet too scared to predict the score of the game.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

harbinger911 wrote:
JUST like you don't dare say a word about the Cotton Bowl.
Just keep wishing you were there playing in it you cowardly redleg kansas bitches.
http://youtu.be/t-KEnU9TBmQ
In my defense, I did say a word about the Cotton Bowl. -- "You guys are more defensive about Bama's loss that you will be about your own loss to OSU."

Oh, and also, it would have been great if K-State was playing in the Cotton Bowl. again. You know, we were there 2 years ago and in a BCS bowl game last year and, in a rebuilding year, beat Michigan this year. On the topic of bowl games, how many BCS bowls has MU ever been in?
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

WSPanic wrote:Jaydork twice in one post? Did MoMan steal your log in info?
I'd like to interrupt this Mensa-worthy chat to point out that I've never used the term "jaydork" in any of my posts addressing the juvenile misinformation spread by the "Muck Fizzou" (yuck, yuck) haters to our west.

Please resume masturbating while watching highlight reels from last night's Sugar Bowl.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

MoMan wrote:
WSPanic wrote:Jaydork twice in one post? Did MoMan steal your log in info?
I'd like to interrupt this Mensa-worthy chat to point out that I've never used the term "jaydork" in any of my posts addressing the juvenile misinformation spread by the "Muck Fizzou" (yuck, yuck) haters to our west.

Please resume masturbating while watching highlight reels from last night's Sugar Bowl.
I did enjoy the OU win - but only because my parents are alums.

And I do apologize. I was thinking of kcdcChef from back in the day. My bad.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

harbinger911 wrote:
KC-wildcat wrote:Oh, and also, it would have been great if K-State was playing in the Cotton Bowl. again.
You know, we were there 2 years ago and in a BCS bowl game last year and, in a rebuilding year, beat Michigan this year.
Yes you (kstate) were there and got REAMED! :lol:

SEC teams have won nine of the last 10 Cotton Bowls against the Big 12.
Who was the only Big 12 winner during that stretch?

Missouri in 2008 =D> ;-) :D :lol: [-X

If that doesn't shut you a-holes up nothing will.
well, again, you just keep proving my original point, which is that MIZ fans mistakenly associate SEC Conference success with MIZ football success. They are not the same. As AKC astutely points out, "Mizzou gets no claim in that."

Here's a good head to head stat. There have been 18 BigXII Conference Titles since its inception in 1996. Guess how many Titles MU had during that stretch?

Congrats to Bama and Auburn for their Conference Titles. Unfortunately, those don't belong to lil bro. Gotta tie your own shoes, dress yourself, win your own trophies, if you know what I mean.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

harbinger911 wrote:That Cotton Bowl stat beat your ass in, only a complete moron would twist the reality.
The punch line was 2-fold disphit, (1) that the SEC dominates the Big 12 AND that (2) the only team in the Big 12 to win a Cotton Bowl against the SEC in recent history was MU, which ironically switched conferences to the SEC. How can you be such an idiot?
KC-wildcat wrote: On the topic of bowl games, how many BCS bowls has MU ever been in?
"BCS" doesn't mean a single anything outside of the Championship title game.
The other so-called "BCS" bowls are setup using criteria that have very little to nothing to do with actual rank.
In fact, many times other Bowl winners end the season ranked higher than a so-called "BCS" winner.
Take 2007 when MU finished higher than KU who went to the orange (we all know what your dumb-ass was referring to).

Overall Bowl appearances and wins and Conference Titles are far more important.

k st Bowls -17
ku Bowls - 12
MIZZOU - 30

MIZZOU has more bowl appearances than k state and ku combined.
Mizzou is 13-16 in its bowl games.

Mizzoui last won a Conference Title in Football in....

KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

The simple truth of the matter is that MU's highest football achievement of the past half century is sharing in the success of other SEC teams. And your fans know it. If you can't stand on your own two feet, just jump on pa's shoulders.