Anton's

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
Joe Smith
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Anton's

Post by Joe Smith »

kboish wrote:That was my thoughts...FDA and city inspectors no likey

Actually, I think he's good, but just in the slim chance he's not, I went ahead and deleted it.

He did tell me that you have to take a one-day class and be certified by the city to can.

No point in getting him in trouble.

Btw, I've known him for quite awhile and have worked for him on and off the whole time. He knows I take lots of pics and do a lot of social media stuff.

Next time I see him I'll ask him if posting about that kind of stuff is ok or not.

Don't forget, Monday thru Friday during happy hour, taco's are $1
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Food sales/prep codes can be very picky. I know several vendors who skirt the laws technically, but I wholly trust are doing everything properly and continue to buy their goods. It is the benefit of knowing who you are buying your food from/where it comes from :)
ChefColby
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ChefColby »

Sorry didn't mean to call you out.... you have to have a HACCAP plan to do that stuff. I like him a lot and didn't want to see him in trouble.... There could always be competitors trolling to get people in trouble and pictures are bad!! :)
Joe Smith
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Joe Smith »

ChefColby wrote:Sorry didn't mean to call you out.... you have to have a HACCAP plan to do that stuff. I like him a lot and didn't want to see him in trouble.... There could always be competitors trolling to get people in trouble and pictures are bad!! :)
No problem at all. Thanks for the heads up.

In my pic taking adventures, I frequently have taken pics of friends who either are in the public eye and/or own restaurants that I knew would only be seen by me or them and because the nature of them they obviously were not the kind of pics you post online.

My earlier post flew right by my radar and seemed innocuous enough, but people such as yourself know much more about the nature of the biz than I do and I considered you bringing it to my attention, solid advice.

Thanks.
Joe Smith
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Joe Smith »

In the past month I have taken pics of the interior, exterior and the in-house butcher shop operation at Anton's. I have cleared this with Anton, so if you want to see a bunch of pics of the place, the link is below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philmo/set ... 245618375/