Think BIGGER

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
KCDevin

Think BIGGER

Post by KCDevin »

That wasn't my point, I know the Chiefs aren't GOING to the SB, however I said it isn't impossible for KC to GET the Super Bowl to come here.

Having a good (or bad) football team doesn't keep you from getting the Super Bowl...
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Think BIGGER

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

To build a football stadium in the West Bottoms would be a disaster. Have you ever been in a crowd of 15,000 trying to get to Kemper? Logjam.
Infrastructure improvements would probably cost more than the stadium. And flooding is a possible. In '93 the Kaw river was within inches of going over the levy.
Besides, why move football from where it is? Land that is owned is already there. Parking is already there. Sewers and water lines are already there. Highways and streets are already there.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
KCDevin

Think BIGGER

Post by KCDevin »

The TSC is close to downtown, however it's not close enough IMO... I've rethought and decided it'd be better to relocate them to the East side just SW of the Hawthorne Power Plant and NW of the KSMO and KCPT towers.

It'd tear down the smelly industrial eyesores, could be used for parking lots easily, has a highway on 2 sides, is closer to DT than the TSC, you could easily place light rail there, etc...
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Think BIGGER

Post by staubio »

KCDevin wrote:The TSC is close to downtown, however it's not close enough IMO... I've rethought and decided it'd be better to relocate them to the East side just SW of the Hawthorne Power Plant and NW of the KSMO and KCPT towers.

It'd tear down the smelly industrial eyesores, could be used for parking lots easily, has a highway on 2 sides, is closer to DT than the TSC, you could easily place light rail there, etc...
Yes, tear down those industrial structures that provide people jobs. After all, we can grow to 20 million -- we don't need jobs!
KCDevin

Think BIGGER

Post by KCDevin »

Those industrial places are nothing but eyesores, how many people do you think work at that junk yard?

If they want industrial jobs, they need to move them outside of the urban core...

People should have commercial jobs, they pay more, require more education, etc...

If they want to have industrial jobs, they should move to Birmingham...

And if they can't move, they should control the smells coming from those factories, we used to commute that way, and it sucked b/c the fumes/smells were unbearable, I would equate them to the smells of the Subway underneath Ground Zero in NYC...
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Think BIGGER

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

The main smells are from the primary sewage treatment plant that is one the west side of 435 and south of Front Street. You will not move that plant because of the Blue River nearby and the sewage lines already in the ground. There is also a secondary sewage treatment plant on the east side of 435 and north of Front Street. That will generate odors some times. The main odor is coming from the primary plant.

And the area is a major place of employment and for rail lines. Bad location for a stadium. No need to fix the area because that is what an industrial area is.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.