Blanc Burgers & Bottles

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Blanc Burgers & Bottles

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

KC-wildcat wrote:Also, gotta say, there is a lot of nostalgia about FleaMarket burgers, but they simply aren't as good as Blanc. Far too greasy to be taken seriously.

Hell, IMO, Winsteads burgers are far better than FM.
We sure have had different experiences. Our Blanc burgers were greasy. Don't get me wrong greasy burgers are good to a degree but Blanc's were just soaked in grease, along with the fries and onion rings. Winsteads might have good burgers, can't tell way more bun than the paper thin burgers. The Flea Market on the other hand were above average but don't live up to their reputation.
ChefColby
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ChefColby »

Winteads, Town topic, and the Flea's burgers are much different then Blanc's and BRGR. The first guys purposely use thin patties and "griddle" their burgers.. (Flea may grill their's but it's still a thin patty)they are not supposed to be cooked to mid rare.. they're supposed to be thin, almost pan fried and melted with gooey cheese. If I'm not mistaken, I think this is the way burgers were in the beginning. I actually prefer my burgers that way. Whereas Blanc's and BRGR are a thick patty that you grill and can cook to temp. Kinda the way your Dad did it on the grill in the back yard. It's really boils down to personal preference. I like greasy, gooey cheese fried burgers with pickles. I don't mind the other way, and I serve them that way in our lounge but you guys are comparing apples to oranges.
Last edited by ChefColby on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I like all kinds of burgers, but I too have a soft spot in my heart for a griddle-squished, thin, crispy burger with gooey yellow "cheese" and raw onion. Or onion grilled into the patty. That works, too. Hayes Chili up north and Cozy Inn in Salina make excellent examples of this style. Winsteads and Town Topic, too. Mmm, burger. Definitely a totally different category from blanc and BRGR, though.
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

ChefColby wrote: (Flea may grill theirs but it's still a thin patty)
I thought Westport Flea Market had a big, thick pink-in-the-middle burger? Though I haven't been in several years...
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

Beer Kitchen may make the best burger in town. They are in the BRGR and blanc category.
ChefColby
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ChefColby »

AJoD wrote:
ChefColby wrote: (Flea may grill theirs but it's still a thin patty)
I thought Westport Flea Market had a big, thick pink-in-the-middle burger? Though I haven't been in several years...

I know... it's kinda in that middle...
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

I kind of wish they were taking over The Boot space and bought out the yogurt place on the corner to make a larger space. Of course, if their landlord hadn't gotten so greedy, they would be in their original location and expanded into The Boot space. But, I love Westport Cafe.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Heh. Moving back to Westport. To the Simply Breakfast location.

http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives ... o-westport
"I feel that Westport is really on the cutting edge again," Peralta says. "It's very cool, a real local destination point that attracts both young hipsters and empty nesters. It has the best Kansas City has to offer right now."
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I commented about what a gentleman Peralta is.
slimwhitman
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by slimwhitman »

I am glad to hear Blanc is moving back. I went there at least every month when they were in Westport, but have only been to the Plaza location 2 or 3 times.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Opens Monday - if they get their liquor license.

http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives ... nday-maybe
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 81994.html

Dempsey's from Lawrence taking over the Westport location. Love Dempsey's and I don't think Blanc ever recovered from moving out of Westport in the first place.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

yeah, nice step up there. dempsey's has my favorite burger in the region.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I had actually forgotten Blanc had moved back to Westport. I thought they were just gone.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

mean wrote:I had actually forgotten Blanc had moved back to Westport. I thought they were just gone.
Do they live on anywhere in the metro? I've been to the restaurant on Mission Road near 435 - is that place still open?
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Highlander wrote:
mean wrote:I had actually forgotten Blanc had moved back to Westport. I thought they were just gone.
Do they live on anywhere in the metro? I've been to the restaurant on Mission Road near 435 - is that place still open?
The article quotes someone saying they will now be able to focus all their attention on their 'main' location at Mission Farms :?