Aixois opening in Commerce Arcade

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Aixois opening in Commerce Arcade

Post by KCPowercat »

I knew after I posted I was just being a dumb American :)
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

Not really. They're maybe being a little over-Frenchified. They better get ready for everyone mispronouncing it.
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

I bet they'll have the same clientele as the stables.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Whoa! This is AWESOME news. This place is quality. Good coffee too. Go Aixois!

Hopefully they kill it breakfast/lunch. I used to grab stuff at the Scooter's on Walnut and it seemed quite busy in the morning. Hopefully Aixois poacheds that crowd.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

This is wonderful news. It will add activity to this area that could really use it in the evening.

KCDowntown
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Aixois opening downtown restaurant
Owners Emmanuel and Megan Langlade will add a few items to the menu to appeal to downtown workers, as well as residents.

Commerce Bank is upgrading the Arcade, an area with a barrel-shaped skylight that is attached to the Commerce Bank Building. It plans to debut the upgrade this spring. The Arcade also is home to several service operations, as well as The Box Gallery, an art gallery that focuses on local art and culture, and Espresso ah la cart...

The Arcade, which also will probably be rebranded under another name, has two more spots to fill with restaurants or retail tenants.
y
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

I always thought the Arcade could use a little more focus and now it's getting it - renaming it is also wise. I kinda like downtown nook and cranny retail corridors like this. With the downtown momentum, it's time to make it work. Kudos to the Aixois peoples for taking a chance with something that has yet to establish the foot traffic.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

I've noticed that the corner space at 10th & Main in this building looks like it is being cleaned up as well.

Not sure what kind of tenant would go there. It has a really high ceiling and it pretty large. Not the kind of place I would see a restaurant going in at least.

KCDowntown
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

earthling wrote:I always thought the Arcade could use a little more focus and now it's getting it - renaming it is also wise. I kinda like downtown nook and cranny retail corridors like this. With the downtown momentum, it's time to make it work. Kudos to the Aixois peoples for taking a chance with something that has yet to establish the foot traffic.
Timed with the bike announcement, I hope that this and other things will lead to better distribution of people amongst the various "islands" that have dominated the general public's thinking of how to traverse downtown. Unfortunately, you still have to know where you are going to get to most of these pods, but eventually one could wander and find interesting places without being directed somewhere.

This to me is what makes the Grand project so important. Continuity of streetscape along this corridor, coupled with landmark and entertainment wayfinders and/or maps would really tie the entire area together in a much more "easily-navigable-to-the-non-downtowner" setting.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I thought they renamed the arcade to "downtown crossing"?

Interesting they plan more improvements. I'd be happy if they focus on more services like the exisiting cobbler.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

any news on this? I've walked by over the last few months but couldnt see too much action.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

coreyo wrote:any news on this? I've walked by over the last few months but couldnt see too much action.
The receptionist in our office received a call from them a couple of days ago. They are having some sort of tasting and invited a few people from our office. Not sure when or if I made the cut. So... getting close?
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

coreyo wrote:any news on this? I've walked by over the last few months but couldnt see too much action.
The inside appears to be built out. They've been working a lot recently. I'll snap some photos today over the lunch hour. No street signage on Walnut. No indication of street patio or seating at this point.

Love having another option in the loop, but I'm still perplexed by this location.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

nice shot! it's looking good - i'm really hoping residents are going to be able to support this in the evenings. i know i'll do my part.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

http://www.pitch.com/fatcity/archives/2 ... this-month
Executives of the bank came to the Langlades with a proposal: "They wanted a more upscale and sophisticated restaurant for the tenants of this building," says Emmanuel, who plans to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in the brasserie. The venue will serve only dinner on Saturdays and will be closed on Sundays.
The location makes a little more sense now.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Hopefully it will be a destination....it's a tough location in the middle of the financial district with no foot traffic after hours. Definitely will throw them a lot of business though.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Maybe they will only be open for lunch?