My Ignorant Neighbors

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by KCK »

I live in an area full of people who I have no better word for than ignorant. They constantly are up at all times of night yelling and cussing up and down the street. Throwing beer bottles where I park my cars, smoking weed in their front yards, just acting generally ignorant. There have been murders in this neighborhood in the past, and petty crimes happen a lot too. So it was no surprise when I saw this shit. Apparently some stupid mother fucker shot some dude right in front of my house. I was at work because i work overnights, but had I been home, I would have heard gunshots outside my window, or even worse, I might have been a victim. I might not have even known it was a gunshot since the kids still shoot off fireworks even though the 4th was a month ago.

http://www.kmci.com/kshb/home/article/0 ... 21,00.html
Neighborhood Gathering Turns Violent

July 30, 2004

Kansas City Kansas Police say a group of people were outside at the Greymoor Townhomes near 71st and Armstrong, when an argument erupted between two men.
Police say just after midnight, one of them shot the other in the leg.
The victim has serious injuries.
The suspect is in custody.
There is no word on the motive.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by nota »

Be careful. It could be you.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by tat2kc »

that truly sucks. What the hell has happened in KCK these last few months? Things were really turning around the last few years, but this summer, people seem to have gone bonkers.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by QueSi2Opie »

DMW, I had a friend that lived in those townhomes. You know Tony McDonald?
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by KCK »

I don't know him QueSi, but let me add that aside from a head nod, or a "Hows it Going", I have no contact with any of my neighbors. Very few of them that I see on the street are the kind of people you want to talk to, which is evidenced by the shooting. There are some nice people, but they keep quiet like me, and want nothing to do with the trash hanging out on the street.

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by KCK »

I got home from work this morning to find that someone had slammed into my other car denting the front end, and scraping up the side badly while I was at work last night. I am so sick of this shit.

My father always had a saying usually after someone broke into our house, or stole his car.

"You can't ever have anything nice because the ignorant people will always fuck it up."

Needless to say I want a garage and a driveway, fuck this on street parking. I don't wonder for one second why people hate KCK.

KCK IS BACK!!!!
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by ComandanteCero »

you know you can always try buying one of those townhomes over in strawberry hill :D. There are some pretty good mortgages if you look for them. Atleast that way instead of paying rent you'll be paying the mortgage to a nice townhome in a nice neighborhood :D
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by GRID »

Sorry DMW, if you want a true urban envirnonment you will have to cross state line.

Even KCMO's east side is not as "ignorant" as KCK because it interacts with the rest of the metro on a daily basis. KCK is isolated, there are very few reasons for anybody to be there unless they live there or up to no good.

KCK is a cross between urban ghetto and rural ignorance and the "urban hoods" they do have are not even on the same level as Waldo.

I really wish KCK was a cool town, it would really bring up the entire metro, but it's not, it's a mess.

Sorry man, just saying.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by Tosspot »

I live off of Steele Road in KCK, near Harmon High School, which I think may be considered Argentine.

I'm in the Berkshire Village townhomes, and this area is actually pretty decent. Other than some isolated incidents of jerkoff neighbors and such, this place is alright. In terms of feel, the surrounding stand-alone houses are very similar to the older parts of Johnson County.

But, I shall return to my dear KCMO one of these days...

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by KCK »

GRID wrote:Sorry DMW, if you want a true urban envirnonment you will have to cross state line.

Even KCMO's east side is not as "ignorant" as KCK because it interacts with the rest of the metro on a daily basis. KCK is isolated, there are very few reasons for anybody to be there unless they live there or up to no good.

KCK is a cross between urban ghetto and rural ignorance and the "urban hoods" they do have are not even on the same level as Waldo.

I really wish KCK was a cool town, it would really bring up the entire metro, but it's not, it's a mess.

Sorry man, just saying.
Who said I wanted a true urban environment?

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by KCK »

Is trouble gravitating toward me??? Look what happened about 2 blocks from my house:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 767876.htm

Three Lansing escapees caught in KCK

Tip from citizen leads to arrests

By JULIUS A. KARASH

The Kansas City Star

Three prisoners who escaped from the Lansing Correctional Facility's East Unit Saturday morning were captured late Saturday in Kansas City, Kan.

Prison spokesman Brett Peterson said the three minimum-security inmates were captured in the area around 73rd Street and State Avenue about 11:10 p.m.

Gary LeRoy Ross, Todd J. Lloyd and Jeremiah Joseph Harvey have been returned to the Lansing facility, where they face charges for escape.

Peterson said a citizen had notified Kansas City, Kan., police of the escapees' whereabouts.

Police then called officials at the prison, who sent officers to the scene.

Peterson said Lansing Correctional Facility officers also were assisted by the Kansas Bureau of Investigation.

Peterson declined to discuss how the inmates escaped, whether any shots were fired or other details of the escape or the apprehensions. He said the matter was under investigation and more details would be released later.

Ross was serving a 48-month sentence from Stevens County for burglary. His release date was Dec. 17, 2006.

Lloyd was serving a 55-month sentence from Reno and Sedgwick counties for convictions of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, criminal use of a weapon, burglary, theft, contributing to the misconduct of a child, aggravated solicitation of a child and indecent solicitation of a child. His release date was Nov. 23, 2005.

Harvey was serving a 29-month sentence from Atchison County for convictions on burglary and theft charges. His release date was Feb. 25, 2006.

KCK IS BACK!!!!
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by nota »

Do you like living in KCK? Why do you stay if you don't?

There is affordable living all over the metro.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by KCK »

nota wrote:Do you like living in KCK? Why do you stay if you don't?

There is affordable living all over the metro.
Of course I like living in KCK. My point is that my neighbors where I live at now are ignorant, not that KCK sucks.

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

My Ignorant Neighbors

Post by KCPowercat »

what did the post about the inmates escaping have to do with your neighbors?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc