To you all. . .

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: To you all. . .

Post by warwickland »

GRID wrote: Now NFL and to a lesser extent MLB is a different story.  The NFL is huge out here and that's how everybody declares their home areas.  Philly, Balt, Pittsburgh, DC, NYC.

Ah, screw the NFL, wait until baseball season. Urban baseball, mmmmm... =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Although you may want to take the train up to Camden Yards
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

GRID wrote: Man, I LOVE the fact that the only time I have to even hear KU or god forbid see a Jayhawk is when I visit this forum! :).  Not on half the cars driving around, half the crowd at the Caps games wearing KU crap (or any college crap)?  Nope.  Not in the newspapers, not on TV.

As I have always stated, most people out here don't give a rip about college sports.  
Maybe you should follow their lead and stop worrying so much about KU fans.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

GRID wrote: Man, I LOVE the fact that the only time I have to even hear KU or god forbid see a Jayhawk is when I visit this forum! :).  Not on half the cars driving around, half the crowd at the Caps games wearing KU crap (or any college crap)?  Nope.  Not in the newspapers, not on TV.

As I have always stated, most people out here don't give a rip about college sports.  Some do, but it's a tiny fraction of the population.

Now NFL and to a lesser extent MLB is a different story.  The NFL is huge out here and that's how everybody declares their home areas.  Philly, Balt, Pittsburgh, DC, NYC.

One very interesting thing, we went to open a new checking account at Bank of America and MIZZOU was the team represented in the brochures if you wanted a college team logo.  Yea.  Mizzou!  Haha....  :)
Yeah the Hoya's and Terps are practically invisable.  G'Town apparel has never sold well in urban DC.  &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&  For Christ sake - we know you have been waiting for years and years to move to the coast so you could tell us all how culturally backwards KC is, particularly in regards to transit and college sports, but this just doesn't pass the smell test.  
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Yeah the Hoya's and Terps are practically invisable.  G'Town apparel has never sold well in urban DC.  &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&  For Christ sake - we know you have been waiting for years and years to move to the coast so you could tell us all how culturally backwards KC is, particularly in regards to transit and college sports, but this just doesn't pass the smell test. 
Ha! A Midwesterner theorizing about what's important on the East Coast, and what's not!  Hate to break this to you, but April Fools is far, far away.  For what it's worth I'll take the opinion of the one living on the East Coast, over the one making wild guesses anyday.

Besides, I've been to NY, Penn, Mass & Maine many times, and maybe 1 out of every 2,000 people is wearing ANY sort of college apparel.  NFL is massive in the states, and Baseball is HUGE on their coasts..in NYC, Boston, etc.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote: Besides, I've been to NY, Penn, Mass & Maine many times, and maybe 1 out of every 2,000 people is wearing ANY sort of college apparel. 
Were all of your extensive travels on the east coast before or after you were black?  Before or after you got your KU degree? We all know what the empirical value of Brotha2kull's "personal experiences" are in an argument. 

Syracuse, Penn State, BC, UMass don't get any love at all.  &&&&&&&  Does Maine even have DI sports?  That's about as relevant an example as Guam. 
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Yeah the Hoya's and Terps are practically invisable.
Yea, pretty much what I'm saying...
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Were all of your extensive travels on the east coast before or after you were black?  Before or after you got your KU degree? We all know what the empirical value of Brotha2kull's "personal experiences" are in an argument.  

Syracuse, Penn State, BC, UMass don't get any love at all.  &&&&&&&   Does Maine even have DI sports?  That's about as relevant an example as Guam.  
Before.

Like I said, they're not as big as you think.  Penn State, and Cuse are all away from the coast..on the coast you'd be lucky to find even a handful of Syracuse fans..even during a game at the Garden.  Maine is probably the biggest college sports program up there..they have a very devoted following.  Probably since they lack NFL, MLB, and any other Non-College programs.  You clearly have no clue as to what its like up there, otherwise you wouldn't be considering Guam in any example relating to the east coast.  Like I said, Go back to trolling the KU sports boards, where your opinion might hold more weight than a grain of salt.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

GRID wrote: Yea, pretty much what I'm saying...
Hmm - well that's interesting then that you have three of the top 75 apparel sellers in the coutry right there in the DC region.  George Mason and Madison usually both flirt with making the list as well.

http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.ns ... nnual+2009

But I guess all those people must just be buying the cloths so they can hide it under their beds. 
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Hmm - well that's interesting then that you have three of the top 75 apparel sellers in the coutry right there in the DC region.  George Mason and Madison usually both flirt with making the list as well.

http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.ns ... nnual+2009

But I guess all those people must just be buying the cloths so they can hide it under their beds. 
I don't care how much stuff they sell, you rarely see it on the streets, on cars etc.  Almost never.  You also have to remember that there about 50 million more people in this area than in Kansas.  My point remains that a very tiny "percentage" of the population out here cares about college sports and even those that do care, don't seem care near as much and are not near as obnoxious about it as people in Kansas (or Nebraska, Oklahoma etc) are.

You don't have to believe me.

I don't care.  Might want to get out more though ;).
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

GRID wrote: Might want to get out more though ;).
Yeah you and metro are right - I never travel at all.  Never lived anywhere else and am only familiar with KS.  Thank you Oh worldly Grid for filling me in on how the world outside of KS works - we all know you are the only one around here who ever gets out and about. 

Seriously - no one else saw this more-urban-than-thou preaching coming our way when Grid first started threatening to leave our midwestern backwater years ago?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Yeah you and metro are right - I never travel at all.  Never lived anywhere else and am only familiar with KS.  Thank you Oh worldly Grid for filling me in on how the world outside of KS works - we all know you are the only one around here who ever gets out and about.   

Seriously - no one else saw this more-urban-than-thou preaching coming our way when Grid first started threatening to leave our midwestern backwater years ago?
I've been there, to the NE, and done that...yet you toss away my opinon?  I have no problem with what Grid says, as does anyone else..it seems to only be you who can't believe that College Apparel isn't tackily displayed on every streetcorner in NY, DC, Boston, and Philly.  Go figure.

Besides, has the thought ever crossed your mind that vast amount of people OUTSIDE of a schools immeadiate physical area account for the majority of their apparel sales?  Don't worry about answering, that's a rhetorical one..
THINK (ONE) KC.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

happy new year to you all and to a good 2010!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

And to everyone a happy...
KC is the way to be!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »