KCI long term parking competition

Transportation topics in KC
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

What is up with the sudden competition for long-term/sat parking at the airport? I love it because it brings all kinds of new amenities to parking at the airport but for years there was nothing and now all of a sudden there is.

- The Parking spot
- Parking Place @ KCI (change your oil, watch your pets)
- Trifty parking @ KCI (prewarm/cool your car, etc)

Wonder what is up? Driving through STL they always seemed to have a lot of competition for long term parking but I assumed that was because they were short on parking or had none owned by the airport at all. Now KCI builds a bigger sat. lot and all this competition comes in.

win for the consumer.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

KCI has been offering coupons lately, and I don't remember that in the past. For example, I recently used one for park three days, pay for only two.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

I dunno, but I'm pissed that it looks The Parking Place cut down a bunch of trees to build an unnecessary parking lot.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

dangerboy wrote:I dunno, but I'm pissed that it looks The Parking Place cut down a bunch of trees to build an unnecessary parking lot.
If that's the one next to Thrifty Car Rental, yeah, they did. And isn't Thrifty supposed to move to the new car rental site where satellite parking used to be? Then The Parking Place could have just moved into Thrifty's old spot, which has plenty of room.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

The problem was that when Kansas City bought all of that land for the airport they forgot to purchase certain key areas (hence the parking spot). The competition is great though.