Livestrong Sporting Park

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Wizards could ditch Bannister site in favor of Wyandotte County

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: metro...you appear to be completely ignorant to anything outside of joco or older than 5 years when it comes to this metro area.
I just like throwing the bait out there for you to chew on.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCPowercat wrote: yeah let boston have more to ddo the same thing...why should kc get greenspace?  F'ing insane.
Guess, I'm envisioning more of a row of tiny concrete skate parks than usable green space.  In order to make that a true, usable green corridor, they would need to remove most of the new bridges they just built.

I just see so many other priorities and I'm not sold that it's this or nothing.  It's this because KCMO doesn't know what they are doing.  KCMO should be aggressively pushing for a pedestrian bridge connecting KCMO to NKC or something like that.  Just don't see how covering up a bunch of holes on 670 does anything, especially for 200 million and if they are estimating it today at 200 million, it will be 250-300 before it starts and 300-400 before it's finished.

Now the North Loop?

That's a whole different animal.  It would probably be worth every penny to cap the north loop.  You would gain all kinds of green space just by building retaining walls, let alone capping it because of all the land the sloping hillsides take up along the highway and the fact that the gaps between the bridges are much larger giving you more room there as well.  You would actually remove a massive scar in the center of Downtown.  You barley know 670 is there on the south side.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

GRID wrote: Guess, I'm envisioning more of a row of tiny concrete skate parks than usable green space.  In order to make that a true, usable green corridor, they would need to remove most of the new bridges they just built.
Those weren't builds - they were temporary rebuilds because they were afraid the sidewalks were going to fall off.  Most all of those bridges are scheduled for replacement in the next five years.  Hence the timliness - the bridges are all due for MoDot replacement and we will be ripe for conning MoDot out of money along with the feds. 
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Forgive me if this is listed already somewhere in this thread - I couldn't find the info.  What is the estimated cost of just replacing the bridges with no cap?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

kcjak wrote: Forgive me if this is listed already somewhere in this thread - I couldn't find the info.  What is the estimated cost of just replacing the bridges with no cap?
10 million
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Those weren't builds - they were temporary rebuilds because they were afraid the sidewalks were going to fall off.  Most all of those bridges are scheduled for replacement in the next five years.  Hence the timliness - the bridges are all due for MoDot replacement and we will be ripe for conning MoDot out of money along with the feds.  
Oak, Locust and Wyandotte are new bridges.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

GRID wrote: Oak, Locust and Wyandotte are new bridges.
Yeah and I don't think any of those are affected - I don't think they are  going to ramp it up the giant elevation increase to wyandotte. and it is supposed to end at Oak.  Baltimore, Walnut, Main, Grand all have to be replaced one way or the other.  
Last edited by LenexatoKCMO on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Why do we need a pedestrian bridge from KCMO to NKC?
There is no fifth destination.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

To visit Harlem.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by ShowME »

I love it.  Your Governor is talking about raising taxes while you'll be giving additional tax breaks to crap like the Wizards.  Your state would offer Star bonds for a new TG&Y if they were still around.
Calling a spade a spade.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

ShowME wrote: I love it.  Your Governor is talking about raising taxes while you'll be giving additional tax breaks to crap like the Wizards.  Your state would offer Star bonds for a new TG&Y if they were still around.
Saying you didn't want them?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
mudjack
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mudjack »

ShowME wrote: I love it.  Your Governor is talking about raising taxes while you'll be giving additional tax breaks to crap like the Wizards.  Your state would offer Star bonds for a new TG&Y if they were still around.
Missouri also has budget woes and we're subsidizing the Chiefs, the Royals, the nearly empty Kemper arena.....
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

mudjack wrote: Missouri also has budget woes and we're subsidizing the Chiefs, the Royals, the nearly empty Kemper arena.....
yeah, let kansas bury themselves in pro sports subsidies for once. the wizards are still in the metro.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

DaveKCMO wrote: yeah, let kansas bury themselves in pro sports subsidies for once. the wizards are still in the metro.
Fine with me as long as no KC Missouri corporations are along for the ride. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Wizards to start work next week on KCK soccer stadium
There?s still no formal development agreement, but Wizards president Robb Heineman said: ?You?ll begin to see yellow machines on site ? moving dirt, at our expense.?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

http://www.hillcrestroadblog.com/2009/1 ... -site.html

and

http://www.hillcrestroadblog.com/2009/1 ... lickr.html

Wonder if they will change the name of the blog now that it isn't going to be on Hillcrest Road.  While I didn't want to see the stadium built so far away from downtown (in both KS and MO), is there any chance this could get people interested in a Wizards stadium to Truman Sports Complex rail line?  I know its not likely, but a brother can dream...
mudjack
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mudjack »

I was just wondering about the possibility of a football to futbol run.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

The main thing I'm depressed about other than the moving of the stadium site is the fact that Hillcrest Road actually was a cool, European-esque stadium name. Now the stadium will most likely be named Cerner Stadium, bleh.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

"Field in a field"

"Parallel Park" No JoCo would dare come near that.

"Wrong State Ave."
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

If you build it, they will come..... :cheers: