Big 12 Football 2009

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Big 12 Football 2009

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCPowercat wrote: Regular Mel Kippers in here today. :)
Tis the season.  At least I was acknowledging his strengths.  :D  What's your take on Freeman's pro upside?  Strength's/Weaknesses?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

He has every physical trait an NFL team would want. I have no idea what kind of heart/desire he has nor his mental capacity for making the right decisions or learning an nfl system.  As a fan of his I hope he has it but I really have no clue. Seemed to be prone to quitting while at ksu but considering what he had around him, I really can't blame him.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

NDTeve wrote: And hopefully the USC Trojans on probation. 
:lol:

I find this comment very ironic coming from a KU basketball fan.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Why? KU already was on probation. Nothing has happened to USC...in spite of numerous rumors.

And who's the chickenshit that put me on ignore today. Maybe someone didn't like my take on Josh Freeman :lol:
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Mizzou gets six players drafted, two in the first round.  This was the missing piece for Mizzou recruiting.  Pinkel had done a great job, but it is still difficult when you can't go into a blue chip recruits room and tell him you can get him into the NFL. Talib going in the first round obviously did a lot for Kansas, their last class had some really nice defensive back prospects.  We are already in on some very nice WR prospects in this class.  I have no doubt that Ziggy Hood is the reason we were able to get that DT prospect out of Olathe as well.

Pinkel has become much more aggressive with recruiting nationally.  We are rumored to be in on players from Big 12 country as well as the Southesat, Ohio, Michigan, and even the Northeast.  Picking up Josh Henson from LSU helped, but you can recruit anywhere when you have averaged 10 wins per year since these kids entered high school and just placed two players in the first round of the NFL Draft. 
Last edited by jlbomega on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Agreed JLB...but make no mistake about it...Texas is where KU and MU's bread is buttered.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

NDTeve wrote: Agreed JLB...but make no mistake about it...Texas is where KU and MU's bread is buttered.
No doubt... Mizzou will always build a foundation mostly from Missouri and some Texas kids.  We will fill in with other surrounding states and the occasional grab from a distant state.  Mizzou already has five commits for 2010, three are from Texas (one Missouri, one Kansas). 
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

NDTeve wrote: Agreed JLB...but make no mistake about it...Texas is where KU and MU's bread is buttered.
That's right...along with nearly every other Div 1 school.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

im2kull wrote: That's right...along with nearly every other Div 1 school.
I have to disagree with this. Aside from the Big XII and Arkansas/LSU...most teams don't rely on Texas. USC, Florida, Georgia, OSU, Bama, Tennessee, Michigan, ND, Virginia Tech, Utah, etc. 
- Mark Twain
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Congress is having hearings on the BCS system today, with Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) introducing legislation preventing the BCS from marketing itself as a national championship.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4121294

Thoughts? I am very much for a playoff system, although I fail to see why Congress should meddle in this. I think you could move the bowls to the non-con season and make them pre-season bowls and it would be even more fun since you still have the anticipation of a good season ahead of you.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

KCMax wrote: Congress is having hearings on the BCS system today, with Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) introducing legislation preventing the BCS from marketing itself as a national championship.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4121294

Thoughts? I am very much for a playoff system, although I fail to see why Congress should meddle in this. I think you could move the bowls to the non-con season and make them pre-season bowls and it would be even more fun since you still have the anticipation of a good season ahead of you.
The government has made itself involved in every other walk of life, might as well get involved in college football  :?
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

jlbomega wrote: The government has made itself involved in every other walk of life, might as well get involved in college football  :?
Obama's staff will reportedly take over the NCAA tournament selection process next year as well.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

That might be the only thing to save Bruce Weber metro.  :lol:
- Mark Twain
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEEDS A BAILOUT!
KC is the way to be!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Is there something in the water in Columbia?

http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/1174494.html
KC is the way to be!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

AllThingsKC wrote: Is there something in the water in Columbia?

http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/1174494.html
Some people are complete retards.  He shouldn't have put himself in that situation to begin with, and by posting that $5,000 or so in drug-bond money he looks completely guilty..as he very well is at the moment.  You can't simply have un-prescribed/un-labeled (presumably...or else we wouldn't be having this conversation) Hydrocodone pills in your car, while driving on the wrong side of the road, while 18 years old, in possession of alcohol, with no proof of insurance, and with a fake ID as your only identification, AND expect to wonder why you were arrested.  :shock: Good job Dalton, You just made Gabbert the starter.  Good thing too, there shouldn't even have been a debate to begin with...Gabbert was highly ranked...nationally, Dalton was highly ranked...in the state.

P.S.- Nice comment on the news site ATKC..
"miz_who_cheats_and_thugs wrote on 5/2/2009 12:57:25 AM:
This is just more typical Miz-who thuggery. Pill popper for a QB. You stay classy MU!"
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

im2kull wrote: P.S.- Nice comment on the news site ATKC..
"miz_who_cheats_and_thugs wrote on 5/2/2009 12:57:25 AM:
This is just more typical Miz-who thuggery. Pill popper for a QB. You stay classy MU!"
What?  I didn't post that, nor would I post something like that.  I'm a Mizzou fan for crying out loud!  :P
KC is the way to be!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

AllThingsKC wrote: What?  I didn't post that, nor would I post something like that.  I'm a Mizzou fan for crying out loud!   :P
I'm bad..I didnt know.  Good timing though, someone got that one in at the exact same time...well close anyways, to when you posted the link on here.
THINK (ONE) KC.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KC Star Big 12 football predictions

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1175332.html

North
1. Kansas
2. Nebraska
3. Mizzou