The Future of KCRag *Vote*

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.

Which sub-forum(s) would you like to see created next?

New Member Introductions
20%
KC Education
19%
KC Dining News & Reviews
31%
KC - DIY (Member Projects)
28%
Other (Please, explain below)
2%

Total votes: 54

im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

The Future of KCRag *Vote*

Post by im2kull »

Just wanted to create a simple guage of interest on a few varied hot-topics.  Hopefully this can help Bahua and others determine the path of this forum in the future.  Feel free to comment with any ideas, and thoughts...any forum member's are appreciated, and having open discussion and input from us (The forum members) is the single most important thing that will determine this forums future.

P.S. - If you do not want any change, then let us know in a reply below.  I did not add a category for "NO Change" because I did not want to skew the results.  There are 4 Votes are allowed per user, so please...only vote once on each sub-category you support.  There will be a log of votes, so don't bother double voting as your vote will then be rendered useless.  And Yes, you can change your vote in the future if you change your mind.

Also, these are all theoretical, and if you believe that one, or all of them, may be better off as a long running thread or sticky within a category already created (Versus having their own sub-forum)...then let us know.  Thanks.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Determine the Future of KCRag

Post by lock+load »

I vote for less threads from im2kull.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Personally, I think that "Dining News & Reviews" would be a great idea...although I can't say that I support it due to how much it would subtract from other threads (Like the Empire Theatre/AMC Mainstreet thread).  We basically have food reviews in the building progress/construction/grand opening threads right now, and its fine like that.  The only benefit I could see of having a purely "dining review" (aka no dining news) sub-forum is having well written, reviews, or various resturants around the metro...just so that you don't have to dig through piles of posts in other threads to find a review of some place for Prom.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

lock+load wrote: I vote for less threads from im2kull.
Thanks Man.

Somebodys gotta bring up the hot topics, lol...leave it to me I suppose.  Anyways, this is quite interesting!! I literally just posted this like 2 mins ago, and already we have 3 or 4 members that have voted!  Now we're just waiting for the feedback to start...
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The Future of KCRag *Vote*

Post by KCMax »

I vote no new sub-forums.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

lock+load wrote: I vote for less threads from im2kull.
I tried to vote but the option I was looking for was missing . . .
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

KCMax wrote: I vote no new sub-forums.
I second.  I'd encourage everyone to post on anything KC related they are interested in, though. The current forums are all inclusive enough, and not too busy.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

KCMax wrote: I vote no new sub-forums.
Agreed.  The only thing that made sense in the poll would be a dining review but that is already adequately covered in the Scene.  Polls such as these need a "none of the above" option.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

The education and DIY stuff are good ideas.  I think a simple thread for education, a simple thread for DIY, etc would work just fine.  I'm not sure we really need sub-fourms for them.
KC is the way to be!
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

I think we've always created sub-forums only when there was an overwhelming amount of discussion to warrant them, for the sake of organization, and that has always been in extraordinary circumstances. That is probably the better way to approach this -- because simply creating a section won't create the discussion.
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

I don't have much stake in this one way or the other, certainly don't see the need for more subforums, but I would say, a new forum actually can encourage more discussion if there is already some critical mass of discussion happening.

At the LTHForum food site, we've been pretty reluctant to add forums, but have added two in about 5 years, one for Beverages and one for Gardening.  Hard to say for sure, but I'm pretty sure both have encouraged additional posting on those topics.

Also, not to discourage any expanded dining coverage here, but I've put up an LTHForum KC site as well should anyone want a more food-driven site for food discussion:

http://www.lthforum.com/kc

I had a couple things I was going to do before broadcasting it, I think the only thing left actually, was to write a little intro note, because this thing is kind of starting from scratch.
SingleMalt12
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by SingleMalt12 »

All JoeMoney, all the time.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

How about a forum about sub forums?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

lock+load wrote: How about a forum about sub forums?
I think you meant a sub-forum about sub-forums.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

grovester wrote: I think you meant a sub-forum about sub-forums.
Actually, maybe in the future, KC Rag can become a forum with sub-forums about sub-fourms, and a thread about Kansas City Development.
KC is the way to be!
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

None of the above.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

AllThingsKC wrote: Actually, maybe in the future, KC Rag can become a forum with sub-forums about sub-fourms, and a thread about Kansas City Development.
I sure hope not, I can't stand forums with sub-forums inside of sub-forums.  Its so much more confusing.
THINK (ONE) KC.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

no more sub-forums.
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

I'd like to see a Darva Conger sub-forum.
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

I vote for no more subforums but if one is needed, it should be on KC Business.