My New Home in Rockhill Gardens/75th & Holmes Area in Waldo

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Cheffreygo
Strip mall
Strip mall

My New Home in Rockhill Gardens/75th & Holmes Area in Waldo

Post by Cheffreygo »

I promised I'd post some pics.  Sorry for the "ericamay photography" stamps on the photos - I pulled these off of my wife's blog :)  The photos are pretty representative of how the house was when we bought it.  The only thing we really had to do was paint the living room.  Other than that we had to buy some appliances.

It is so nice to actually live in KCMO after living in Overland Park/Merriam.  Reading this message board HIGHLY influenced our decision to become a part of the urban core so that I can have a voice in local elections and such.

So far we LOVE the area and our neighborhood.  We will be doing several home improvement projects over the next several months including a privacy fence, new windows, and maybe some new doors (interior & exterior).  I'll keep you all posted.

Here it is:

Here are some photos -- my apologies for the ericamay photography stamp -- I pulled these off of my wife's blog! :)

Exterior -

Living room -

Living room from other angle -

Kitchen -

Dining room -

Master bedroom -
bry456
Pad site
Pad site

Re: My New Home in Rockhill Gardens/75th & Holmes Area in Waldo

Post by bry456 »

Nice house. Are you close to any parks and other amenities?
Cheffreygo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Cheffreygo »

bry456 wrote: Nice house. Are you close to any parks and other amenities?
We're less than 3 blocks from Tower Park, which will be great in the summer for walking and riding our bikes.  We're also a few blocks south of Holmes Park and a YMCA.  We're less than 2 minutes (by car) to the main Waldo strip on Wornall and we really enjoy the restaurants. 

At first I was concerned that we wouldn't have any convenient shopping locations, but we have options of the two Brookside grocery stores, the Hy-Vee on State Line (about 5 minutes from our house) and there's also a Target at the Ward Parkway Center that is closer than we expected.  We couldn't be happier with the area!
LaurenKU
Pad site
Pad site

Post by LaurenKU »

Wow.  When I saw the thread title, I just KNEW it was going to be that house.  My fiance and I looked at that house before we decided to live on the Kansas side (Prairie Village).  I love that house...really cute.  Congrats.
Cheffreygo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Cheffreygo »

LaurenKU wrote: Wow.  When I saw the thread title, I just KNEW it was going to be that house.  My fiance and I looked at that house before we decided to live on the Kansas side (Prairie Village).  I love that house...really cute.  Congrats.
How funny!  We went back and forth between Prairie Village and the Brookside/Waldo area, too when we were looking for houses.  We had been looking for months and had actually had an offer out on a house in OP on the fringes of PV, but the offer didn't get accepted and then we fell in love with the one we ended up in. 

Did you guys ever end up finding one in PV?
LaurenKU
Pad site
Pad site

Post by LaurenKU »

Cheffreygo wrote: How funny!  We went back and forth between Prairie Village and the Brookside/Waldo area, too when we were looking for houses.  We had been looking for months and had actually had an offer out on a house in OP on the fringes of PV, but the offer didn't get accepted and then we fell in love with the one we ended up in. 

Did you guys ever end up finding one in PV?
Yes...we bought our house in Prairie Village in September.  It's a couple of minutes walk from the Village Shops, and we really love it. 
Moniker
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Moniker »

You live just a few doors down from us. I'm at 7415 Holmes.
Cheffreygo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Cheffreygo »

Moniker wrote: You live just a few doors down from us. I'm at 7415 Holmes.
That's awesome!  How long have you been there?
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

I'll be over in a few for tea and crumpets.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
Cheffreygo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Cheffreygo »

My wife and I saw your house last night and we both thought it was very beautiful!  Well done.