NCAA tournament at Sprint Center

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
ee1234
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

NCAA tournament at Sprint Center

Post by ee1234 »

I bought NCAA tickets last year when they were on sale through that lottery. I'm getting antsy to find out where my tickets are.

Anybody have any inside info on when the tickets will come out? I've read it'll be about mid Febuary.

I'm assuming I'll get bad seats. Do regular people have any chance of lowers, or are all the decent lower levels spoken for with sponsors, team allotments for donors and such?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: NCAA tournament at Sprint Center

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

ee1234 wrote: I'm assuming I'll get bad seats. Do regular people have any chance of lowers, or are all the decent lower levels spoken for with sponsors, team allotments for donors and such?
I don't have experience with the opening round set up but I have been to a sweet sixteen and the setup seemed to be that the team fans got the sidelines from bottom to top and the general public buyers got the end sections/corners from pep band up to the top. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I also found that it is extremely easy to move down. I had upper level tickets in St. Louis one year, and by halftime I was sitting in the third row.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Is Sprint Center the sight for the first or second week of the NCAA Tourney?  I did not think it was the site of a regional final but not sure. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Highlander wrote: Is Sprint Center the sight for the first or second week of the NCAA Tourney?  I did not think it was the site of a regional final but not sure. 
First weekend.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
ee1234
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by ee1234 »

KCMax wrote: I also found that it is extremely easy to move down. I had upper level tickets in St. Louis one year, and by halftime I was sitting in the third row.
Sweet.

I hope they don't have seat nazis. I'm sure they'll be plenty of good seats empty at least for the day games unless a local team is playing.
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

ee1234 wrote: I bought NCAA tickets last year when they were on sale through that lottery. I'm getting antsy to find out where my tickets are.

Anybody have any inside info on when the tickets will come out? I've read it'll be about mid Febuary.

I'm assuming I'll get bad seats. Do regular people have any chance of lowers, or are all the decent lower levels spoken for with sponsors, team allotments for donors and such?
Received my tickets today.  Lower Level Corner: Row 15
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

MidWestSider wrote: Received my tickets today.  Lower Level Corner: Row 15
What'd they charge you?  Did they give a discount for buying them close to a year ago?
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

beautyfromashes wrote: What'd they charge you?  Did they give a discount for buying them close to a year ago?
Face Value.  No Discount.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

ee1234 wrote: Sweet.

I hope they don't have seat nazis. I'm sure they'll be plenty of good seats empty at least for the day games unless a local team is playing.
I wouldn't agree with Max.  I've been to the tourney here in KC on a couple occasions as well as Okie City and two Final Fours.  Moving down isn't that easy, and if a local team (KU/MU) is playing at Sprint Center, you can forget it.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
ee1234
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by ee1234 »

I got my tickets yesterday. That'll teach me never to break my personal rule of buying tickets without knowing the section/row number.

They're upper level, in the endzone, up in the one of the top rows of one of those triangular sections in the corner. At least there won't be people climbing over me. As nearest I can tell, there are only three seats in my row.

I pray there are no seat nazis at the entrances to the lower levels.

Buying tickets with no clue as to their location was a dumb idea. I'm fairly certain I could've gotten individual tickets for each session and not done much worse on price and location.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

ee1234 wrote: They're upper level, in the endzone, up in the one of the top rows of one of those triangular sections in the corner. At least there won't be people climbing over me. As nearest I can tell, there are only three seats in my row.
There's not a whole lot of terrible seats at the Sprint Center, but those are defiantly on the short list.  Ouch.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

The Sprint Center has announced that the general public tickets are sold out and are creating a waiting list of people to buy returned tickets.  Pretty good endoresment to the NCAA as a bball town on the same day that the ACC conference tournament makes the news for still having a load of available seats for the first time in ages. 
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: The Sprint Center has announced that the general public tickets are sold out and are creating a waiting list of people to buy returned tickets.  Pretty good endoresment to the NCAA as a bball town on the same day that the ACC conference tournament makes the news for still having a load of available seats for the first time in ages. 
That's pretty fantastic considering it's first/second round and it's more than likely the two local teams won't be there.  I have to wonder if the allure of the Sprint Center/P&L District activity didn't have something to do with that (would they have sold out so quickly at Kemper??? probably not).
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Highlander wrote: That's pretty fantastic considering it's first/second round and it's more than likely the two local teams won't be there.  I have to wonder if the allure of the Sprint Center/P&L District activity didn't have something to do with that (would they have sold out so quickly at Kemper??? probably not).
With the way KU/MU are playing now, it's possible they could get early round games in KC. I don't know exactly how the process works, but the top 4 seeds are supposed to get some sort of geographical break in rounds 1/2.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Regardless, I'm still signing up for the possibility. I'm gonna have to donate blood or semen to get the money though, funds are kinda tight :lol:
cpt4599
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by cpt4599 »

WSPanic wrote: With the way KU/MU are playing now, it's possible they could get early round games in KC. I don't know exactly how the process works, but the top 4 seeds are supposed to get some sort of geographical break in rounds 1/2.
If one of them can get at least a 2 seed they are pretty much assured a spot in KC.  I read that somewhere but can't find it now. 
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Not to mention that the NCAA has already stated that this year will be an "exemption" to any rules regarding seeding and geography used in the past.  Apparently they are going to try and keep most teams closer to home due to the economic conditions and their desire to keep teams (not so much fans) traveling costs down.  This bodes well for KU, MU, and a few Illini fans around here.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Given that KU, nor MU are not coming to the SC does that mean the waiting list has evaporated?

Will OU be bringing a crowd?

Can Memphis bring a large number of fans?

I do not see the rest of the teams bringing a big number of fans.  Can see them returning a large number of their ticket alotments.
I have to wonder if the allure of the Sprint Center/P&L District activity didn't have something to do with that (would they have sold out so quickly at Kemper??? probably not).
Came across information that over half the house is set aside for tickets to the universities to sell to followers.  And quite a few seats are killed for a "press row".  Also seats are set aside for school bands so the normal floor seating may not all be there.

No matter what this set of games should give us an indication if KC is a college BB town or just a town that follows KU and to a certain extent MU.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

OU & MEM will bring crowds.  In San Antonio, there were tons of Memphis fans (diff venue obv) which was impressive given their smallish size - 12K enrollment.  They are a big deal in Memphis.

KC is happy.  They dind't want KU/MU here because they want travelers.  All I'd do is drive down for dinner and the game, then drive bakc home that nite.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin