Gordon Biersch

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Gordon Biersch

Post by KC-wildcat »

Thaine wrote: May be time to move on to another selection.  :lol: :lol:
Good point.  It is a bit confusing why a person would keep ordering the same dish if it was "terribly overpriced" and not very good. 

Let's be honest, Gordon Biersch is not Plaza III or Bristol.  It is a sports/lounge bar with bar food.  It is what it is.  When the weather is nice, it's got one of the best outdoor setups in P&L and the entire CBD.  Beer is pretty good.  Good atmosphere.  Great views of downtown and the P&L.  Decent prices.  All in all, pretty solid anchor in the P&L. 
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

We ate here election night, it was OK, the beer was the best part, Octoberfest in November.  Wife had chicken parmesiagn(sp?) and loved it, I had the fettucin which was good, but the sun dried tomatos were a bit chewy, maybe they're always like that, I'm not a big sun dried tomato person.  Sat on the south side inside by the open doors, could forsee lounging there in the warm weather for sure. 
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

I usually just get one thing over and over again at restaurants.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Tosspot wrote: I usually just get one thing over and over again at restaurants.
I heard.  Can't wait to try the fettucini with sun dried tomatos, I hear they're chewy.
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

KC-wildcat wrote: Good point.  It is a bit confusing why a person would keep ordering the same dish if it was "terribly overpriced" and not very good.

I think it's Annie Hall that has the joke about, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible..." "Yeah, I know; and such small portions."
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Alright you people! I've had enough of you. The dish I had was tasty, but it was also overpriced and not up to the same level of creativity and embellishment as a similar dish at McCoy's. k, thx.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by droopy »

4 lobster items added to a Kansas City brewpub's menu in January.  Strange.  They must have found a great deal on lobster somewhere.  I wonder if the lobster will be chewy like their sun-dried tomatoes.