Obama Election Watch Party, 11/4 @ Flying Saucer

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
MightyKC
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by MightyKC »

One of my friends and I have reserved the Flying Saucer on Election night (Nov 4th) and we are going to be holding an official Obama watch party.  We have the place from 5 to close and encourage anyone that is supporting Barack to show up and (hopefully) celebrate the event.  Should be a good time. 
"I'm asking you to believe.  Not just in my ability to bring about real change in Washington ... I'm asking you to believe in yours."  - Barack Obama
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

MightyKC wrote: One of my friends and I have reserved the Flying Saucer on Election night (Nov 4th) and we are going to be holding an official Obama watch party.   We have the place from 5 to close and encourage anyone that is supporting Barack to show up and (hopefully) celebrate the event.  Should be a good time.   
:cheers:
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

holy eff that is awesome!

kcrag election/obama watch party at flying saucer! 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

They'll be a lot of B.O...in that joint.

&&
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

MightyKC wrote: One of my friends and I have reserved the Flying Saucer on Election night (Nov 4th) and we are going to be holding an official Obama watch party.   We have the place from 5 to close and encourage anyone that is supporting Barack to show up and (hopefully) celebrate the event.  Should be a good time.   
Cool!  We HAD Neil Young tix and were going to make a night of it and stay at the President.  Figured something would be happening.  What's the password?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

great idea! i might show up after i close my nearby "staging location" for the campaign.
MightyKC
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by MightyKC »

grovester wrote: Cool!  We HAD Neil Young tix and were going to make a night of it and stay at the President.  Figured something would be happening.  What's the password?
No password required.  We are going to keep it fairly open so we don't turn away too many of their regulars.  We have to hit a minimum sales amount or we are on the hook so the more the merrier. 
"I'm asking you to believe.  Not just in my ability to bring about real change in Washington ... I'm asking you to believe in yours."  - Barack Obama
unclejay
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by unclejay »

MightyKC wrote: No password required.  We are going to keep it fairly open so we don't turn away too many of their regulars.  We have to hit a minimum sales amount or we are on the hook so the more the merrier. 
Hey Mighty, were you in there last night? My wife and I along with a buddy were sitting at the bar and the guy next to us invited us to come in on election night for an Obama party.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

MightyKC wrote: No password required.  We are going to keep it fairly open so we don't turn away too many of their regulars.  We have to hit a minimum sales amount or we are on the hook so the more the merrier. 
From reading the posts on this thread you should have no problem hitting that minimum.  I'll do my share!
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

grovester wrote: From reading the posts on this thread you should have no problem hitting that minimum.  I'll do my share!
Cool beans!  I may have to just come on down after work and partake.  :P
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Post by alpha_glamourina »

Ooh, this sounds like my kind of celebration- count my husband and I in on this one!  :)
MightyKC
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by MightyKC »

unclejay wrote: Hey Mighty, were you in there last night? My wife and I along with a buddy were sitting at the bar and the guy next to us invited us to come in on election night for an Obama party.
Damn, my cover is blown.  8)
Yeah, that was me.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

MightyKC wrote: One of my friends and I have reserved the Flying Saucer on Election night (Nov 4th) and we are going to be holding an official Obama watch party.  We have the place from 5 to close and encourage anyone that is supporting Barack to show up and (hopefully) celebrate the event.  Should be a good time. 
Sold!
NDTeve wrote: They'll be a lot of B.O...in that joint.

&&
:lol:

Nice one.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Will they be changing the setup around at all? I reserved my party room and I was going to do a "war room" setup with a projector, intrade tracking, etc. I assume FS will just throw CNN on the projector? I guess the rest could be done with a laptop or two, since this party cuts into my constituency and sounds like more fun anyway.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

The McCain Party will be Arrowhead

8)
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

NDTeve wrote: The McCain Party will be Arrowhead

8)
...and it will be about as empty as a 2008 Chiefs game. Will they black out the watch party, too?  :lol:
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

I forgot to add the &&&

I figure Arrowhead is the perfect place to watch someone lose.
- Mark Twain
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

should we split this into it's own thread?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

Seriously, BF and I will be there...
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Post by alpha_glamourina »

:cheers: 

Yay!  It'll be great to see you guys again!