GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kcdcchef »

phxcat wrote: If you can vote as many times as you want than Jermaine Dye is a shoe in!  (you know, because he is from Chicago!)

or perhaps giambi in new york.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Vote for Guillen!!! He is in 2nd place right now for the last AL spot.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/ ... allot.html

You can vote as many times as you want!

Winner is announced thursday.
I lost count around vote #72, but I know voted more than 100 times.
KC is the way to be!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

The Royals are currently ONE GAME better than they were through 92 games last year.
KC is the way to be!
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

Hey, good job by Bannister giving up those softball pitches for home runs.

Made me want to puke.
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

Great pitching performance by Hochevar tonight.. DDJ is having a career year, and the Royals get timely hitting and great defense as we pound the M's...

Overall great game, and it looks like a great crowd on hand at the K tonight..
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

skim82 wrote: Overall great game, and it looks like a great crowd on hand at the K tonight..
There's always a great crowd on Fridays.  It's Fireworks Friday!
KC is the way to be!
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

LET'S
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

GO
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

I know we are 10 games under .500 but i sense this team is getting better.  Hopefully we can make up some ground after the all-star break.  We have a ton of games against division opponents (Twins, Chisox)

Is anyone else excited that we are not in the cellar???? I know we're 12 back of the Sox, but I think not finishing last in the ALCentral is a huge step forward.... of course that may be from being a Royals fan for all these years.  Sad... nevertheless, let's Go Royals!
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

Wow!  What a finish!!!

Walk off HR to win the game!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KC is the way to be!
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

I was at the game and it was so much fun! I haven't had that kind of adrenaline rush at a Royals game forever.
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

SORIA PITCHED IN THE ALL STAR GAME!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
KC is the way to be!
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

AllThingsKC wrote:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Yeah for 1.2 innings and more pitches than any other AL pitcher - all because that dipshit Francona refused to leave any of his half dozen starters in for more than an inning.  Gee Terry, how come you didn't try and stretch Paplebon out for two f'n innings? 
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Yeah for 1.2 innings and more pitches than any other AL pitcher - all because that dipshit Francona refused to leave any of his half dozen starters in for more than an inning.  Gee Terry, how come you didn't try and stretch Paplebon out for two f'n innings? 
He threw more pitches because he threw poorly. He didn't have his control. 4 baserunners in 1.2 innings? That's Francona's fault? There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking Soria to throw two innings or 30+ pitches.

Sherrill mangaged to throw 2 1/3 in 25 pitches. Why aren't you outraged about that?

People bitch when players don't get to play - and people bitch when they run out of players. It's an exhibition that they have attached some fake meaning to and it can't be easy to balance the two. He won a fifteen inning game and everyone played. Good for him.

And Cliff Lee threw two innings.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

WSPanic wrote: He threw more pitches because he threw poorly. He didn't have his control. 4 baserunners in 1.2 innings? That's Francona's fault? There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking Soria to throw two innings or 30+ pitches.

Sherrill mangaged to throw 2 1/3 in 25 pitches. Why aren't you outraged about that?

People bitch when players don't get to play - and people bitch when they run out of players. It's an exhibition that they have attached some fake meaning to and it can't be easy to balance the two. He won a fifteen inning game and everyone played. Good for him.

And Cliff Lee threw two innings.
I bitch because he didn't play to win and his poor pitching management resulted in the overuse of other teams closers.  When you send your starters out for a single inning and then try to stretch out everyone elses' closer but you own, I think you open yourself up for criticism.  How come he didn't trot Paps out there to pitch a second inning? 
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I bitch because he didn't play to win and his poor pitching management resulted in the overuse of other teams closers.  When you send your starters out for a single inning and then try to stretch out everyone elses' closer but you own, I think you open yourself up for criticism.  How come he didn't trot Paps out there to pitch a second inning? 
Pappelbon was ineffective as well. You act like 30 pitches or anything over an inning is proven to be damaging to closers and Francona was "out to get" everyone but his guy. Conspiracy theories are for weak minds. Soria has probably thrown 2 innings and/or 30+ pitches at least 5 times this year already.

And don't sit there and act like Francona is supposed to manage this game like a regular season game. He HAD to get Rivera in to pitch or he would've been a dead man.

Didn't play to win? GMAFB. He won.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

WSPanic wrote: And don't sit there and act like Francona is supposed to manage this game like a regular season game.
No - not like a regular season game, but its not a pure exhibition anymore either - you have a giant roster with a huge pitching staff at your disposal so there really is no excuse for completely running out of position players and pitchers and being completely unprepared for extra innings.  If your top few starters don't want to pitch at least a couple innings or more - let 'em sit the bench in reserve. 
WSPanic wrote: Didn't play to win? GMAFB. He won.
No thanks to the game management. 
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: No - not like a regular season game, but its not a pure exhibition anymore either - you have a giant roster with a huge pitching staff at your disposal so there really is no excuse for completely running out of position players and pitchers and being completely unprepared for extra innings.  If your top few starters don't want to pitch at least a couple innings or more - let 'em sit the bench in reserve. 

No thanks to the game management.   
I find it interesting that a team that was "completely unprepared for extra innings" beat a team of allstars that were prepared for extra innings.... in a 15 inning game.

Either your analysis is completely incorrect, or the management of a game has no effect on the end-result.