P+L Tenant Rumors

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCFan
New York Life
New York Life

Re: P+L Tenant Rumors

Post by KCFan »

Boy, this thread sure died in a hurry.  You'd think there would be some new rumors out there.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

check the specific block threads for rumors in those blocks....
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

Ok, ok.  You want rumors. Possible big announcement of a tenant.  It is an acronym, four letters.  Begins with an E and ends with an N.  Rumored to be in talks. 
:lol:
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I got the hint.  :)

how hot and heavy are these rumored talks?

NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

KCTigerFan wrote: Ok, ok.  You want rumors. Possible big announcement of a tenant.  It is an acronym, four letters.  Begins with an E and ends with an N.  Rumored to be in talks. 
bump. Spit it out Cordish errrrr KCTigerfan  :lol:
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

NDTeve wrote: bump. Spit it out Cordish errrrr KCTigerfan  :lol:
ESPN
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

KCLofts wrote: ESPN
Thanks for stating the very obvious. I was hoping for some insight into the negotiations.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCTigerFan wrote: Ok, ok.  You want rumors. Possible big announcement of a tenant.  It is an acronym, four letters.  Begins with an E and ends with an N.  Rumored to be in talks. 
I heard about this for months, going next to Sprint Studio across Grand from Sprint Center. I'm waiting for Hard Rock's announcement across from MainStreet Theater.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

QueSi2Opie wrote: I heard about this for months, going next to Sprint Studio across Grand from Sprint Center. I'm waiting for Hard Rock's announcement across from MainStreet Theater.
What's the square footage of the space next to Bristol, across from Mainstreet?  Don't know if that would be large enough for a Hard Rock. 

I know HRC is cheesy and "so last decade" to some on here, but I think an HRC on Main would be awesome.  Maybe build it in conjunction with a convention hotel in close proximity. 
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

You can kiss the hopes of Hard Rock bye. They've closed quite a few throughout the US within the past year or so, they are downsizing at this point as the whole concept is dying it's old news.
cakea
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by cakea »

I guess this is new info as far as what the name of the fitness center will be.  I just talked to the manager in starbucks and I was asking how the construction for the grocery store was going and he just happened to mention that the fitness center is for sure going to be the 24 hour fitness.   FYI, he said that I was his first customer in two hours so hopefully business will pick up for starbucks once this area is up and running.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

QueSi2Opie wrote: I heard about this for months, going next to Sprint Studio across Grand from Sprint Center. I'm waiting for Hard Rock's announcement across from MainStreet Theater.
This would actually make a lot of sense to have Hard Rock in the northwest corner of 14th and Main. They would be sandwiched between the Main Street theater and the Midland while still being a block away from the Sprint Center. Would also be a very nice anchor for the retail block. Hmm.
KCLover wrote: You can kiss the hopes of Hard Rock bye. They've closed quite a few throughout the US within the past year or so, they are downsizing at this point as the whole concept is dying it's old news.
Source?

The Seminole tribe bought Hard Rock International and plans on expanding the brand. Hard Rock is going into the new Yankees Stadium and there is a Hard Rock Hotel proposed at the KS Speedway.
KCFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by KCFan »

I'm excited downtown is getting a 24 Hour Fitness.  That should do well.  It doesn't hurt that I already have a membership there.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

well before it was a pretty idle rumor, this is pretty fresh info.

The HRC concept is dead....I was walking downtown tonight actually more impressed w/o the likes of HRC, et. al.  We got some big national chains but more unique and fresh than I actually expected.

KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

I'd still like to see more live music.  I mean, the Live Block is ok, but seriously, Vertical Horizon?  I know, I know, it's free, but I feel like P&L needs a dimly lit, back alley jazz club.  Something out of New Orleans.  In fact, the Jazz would be a perfect fit.  Rent's too high I'm sure. 

On an unrelated note, one of the owners at Birdie's Lingerie in Xroads said she was contacted by Cordish about leasing 500 sq ft.  Little bit above their needs, so they declined.  Point being, Cordish is still seeking out tenants. 

Is it good that they're going after local retailers?  Or is it bad that they can't attract any national retailers?  Does seeking out local retailers automatically mean that the large chains turned them down?  I have no idea.   
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

I think it's bad that they're trying to cannibalize existing downtown retail...  but i have no problem with them bringing in retailers from other parts of the metro (i.e Standard, Deegies Carma, etc).
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
Burton
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Burton »

Worker at the H&R Block Starbucks told me the other day they'll be closing in the next few months.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Burton wrote: Worker at the H&R Block Starbucks told me the other day they'll be closing in the next few months.

Makes sense as most of the stores closed are new (after 2005) and/or close to existing locations. But I believe it was Starbucks policy to reveal closings only 30 days in advance of the close date.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

That seemed a pretty ill conceived location - if they wanted to be in the base of H&R block, I would have thought they would have been much better on the south side of the building facing chefburger and the plaza - might have given them a chance to get customers other than just the captive Block employees. 
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: That seemed a pretty ill conceived location - if they wanted to be in the base of H&R block, I would have thought they would have been much better on the south side of the building facing chefburger and the plaza - might have given them a chance to get customers other than just the captive Block employees. 
agreed. maybe they'll beef up the hours at the one up the street.