Taking in a Royals Game (for the visiting baseball fan)

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
nightotter
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Taking in a Royals Game (for the visiting baseball fan)

Post by nightotter »

Hey all. I'm coming out to Kansas City for a three day stay in late July. I see that the Royals will be at home during this time (vs TB). I think I'll take in a game - my first. I thought I would make a post to get your take on the eighth-oldest stadium in MLB. What food is good, what to stay away from? What seats are good (beside the obvious)? Anything of interest?

As far as your team is concerned, it seems the positive way to look at it is if the Central Division keeps playing the way it is, you'll always have a shot taking first place.

Otto from Chicago
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Taking in a Royals Game (for the visiting baseball fan)

Post by DiggityDawg »

Seats : there really aren't many bad ones...the K has some of the best sight lines in MLB. It really all comes down to how much you wanna spend/how close to the action you wanna be. You can get seats as cheap as $9.

Food : nothing too great here. I tend to pick something up on the way to the ballpark. They will let you bring outside food in. Much cheaper option.

Anything else?
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Welcome, Otto!

Here is a quick reference A-to-Z guide about Kauffman Stadium: 

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/ballpark/guide.jsp
KC is the way to be!
nightotter
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by nightotter »

Thanks folks! It looks like I am going to see the Royals play the Rays on Thursday, July 24th. I am having trouble picking my ticket up online but it looks like there are great seats to be had and at a good price (unlike Wrigley, here in Chicago). It will be ladies night, so no free stuff for me.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

The sheboygan sausages loaded with peppers and onions are pretty darn good. That and a Boulevard Pale Ale and you're good to go.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
acepiloto
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by acepiloto »

I find a Royals game is more like a football game.  People tend to tailgate and drink a lot of beer before going into the game. 

Hopefully I'll get to make a trip up to Wrigley for my birthday in September against my Cards.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

acepiloto wrote: I find a Royals game is more like a football game.  People tend to tailgate and drink a lot of beer before going into the game. 

Hopefully I'll get to make a trip up to Wrigley for my birthday in September against my Cards.
I'll be there at 4:30 this afternoon drinking and grilling!  Can't wait, I'm one of those people that just likes baseball for the Americana of it, and I go to have a good time and tailgate.
nightotter
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by nightotter »

Purchased a ticket a few minutes ago. Behind the plate, box seat and parking for under $50. Can't beat that! :cheers:
acepiloto
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by acepiloto »

PumpkinStalker wrote: I'll be there at 4:30 this afternoon drinking and grilling!  Can't wait, I'm one of those people that just likes baseball for the Americana of it, and I go to have a good time and tailgate.
Oh I enjoy it too, I just tend to like other cities because I can hit up a bar before and after the game.  (Granted my experience is limited to KC and STL for this...)

I hope to go to a few more Royals games this year.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

PumpkinStalker wrote: I'll be there at 4:30 this afternoon drinking and grilling!  Can't wait, I'm one of those people that just likes baseball for the Americana of it, and I go to have a good time and tailgate.
8-game skid + day after holiday weekend + tue nite + rain in forecast = nobody there.

I bet they have 5,000 actual in the stands tonite.  Great opps for a foul ball.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
acepiloto
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by acepiloto »

Maitre D wrote: 8-game skid + day after holiday weekend + tue nite + rain in forecast = nobody there.

I bet they have 5,000 actual in the stands tonite.  Great opps for a foul ball.
And it's always games like this that I have band practice... Bah.