Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Chiefs

Post by NDTeve »

MD,
  Give the Chiefs some credit for their draft. I want to hear it. I don't think I've ever heard you say one thing positive about the Chiefs. This is your chance. Might be your only one considering we're still likely to go 1-15
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I think the Chiefs have a chance for a perfect season this year!

0-16 whoooo
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

If you guys didn't remember we were 4-3 when LJ was on the field. I doubt we will be as bad as least year but probably no more wins that 6.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

NDTeve wrote: MD,
  Give the Chiefs some credit for their draft. I want to hear it. I don't think I've ever heard you say one thing positive about the Chiefs. This is your chance. Might be your only one considering we're still likely to go 1-15
I rarely have comment on a team's draft - negative or positive.  Nobody has a clue how these guys will pan out.  Who thought Ryan "Fat Bust" Sims would be such a turd, or that Bowe would do so well?

I'll say this:  they made the right decision re: Jared Allen.  We couldn't win the next 2 years anyway, and we traded him at the height of his value.  The fact it was right before he signed the highest contract ever for an NFL defenseman, made it that much of an intelligent deal.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Islander women are sooooo attractive.

[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

CB Tyron Brackenridge is having surgery on his jaw after an altercation at NV where someone punched him in the face and shattered it.....
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Thuglyfe.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

They should have listened to Herm when he says "Nothing good ever happens after midnight"
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

cracka...source?  I hadn't seen this anywhere yet.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

610 was talking about it today at 8 AM.
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

I've heard about this a lot but it hasn't been in the press at all.
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
Mhudson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Mhudson »

Not that power rankings mean a thing in May, but ESPN just put out the May 2008 Edition of the NFL Power Rankings.  They put KC at 30....just ahead of the Dolphins and the Falcons.  According to ESPN, we've got an exciting year to look forward to!!  &
Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Cyclops »

Maitre D wrote: Islander women are sooooo attractive.

Nick The Pr*ck - The biggest A hole I ever had the opportunity to work with.
the only thing for sure is change.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Cyclops wrote: Nick The Pr*ck - The biggest A hole I ever had the opportunity to work with.

Go on.  Don't leave us hanging on that short story, give us some dirt.

Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Cyclops »

Maitre D wrote:
Go on.  Don't leave us hanging on that short story, give us some dirt.
I was doing quite a bit of pro bono work for UCP (United Cerebral Palsey) in the 80's and Lowery made UCP one of his charitable causes. All good.

Every year, I would shoot still photos of Nick (or other sports personalities) with some of the kids and they would then use the shots to promote programs like "Kick with Nick" (or something like that). One year while Lowery was under the lights at Arrowhead, we were in the middle of a shoot and I had a camera malfunction. It took me a couple of minutes to work through that and he got very irritable that he had to wait. When I explained to him what was going on he said something to the extent that I was an incompetent idiot and was wasting his time. He got up and left right after that and we never really got a decent shot.

It was tough shoot to begin with because kids with Cerebral Palsey don't really pose all that well and there were like 5 kids in the shot which made it more difficult than usual. I'd worked with John Wathan, Danny Jackson and a another Chief's player I can't remember and they were all really decent folks to work with. Lowery was just a prima donna and I felt he should have had a little more patience considering the situation.

He will alwyas be Nick The Pr*ck to me.  :)
the only thing for sure is change.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

An ego on a kicker. What a joke.
I think Peyton Manning had it right talking about Vanderjagt.
"We're talking about our idiot kicker who got liquored and ran his mouth off."
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Cyclops wrote: He will alwyas be Nick The Pr*ck to me.  :)
I didn't have a personal experience with him but I remember hearing about his attitude from others.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Cyclops wrote: I was doing quite a bit of pro bono work for UCP (United Cerebral Palsey) in the 80's and Lowery made UCP one of his charitable causes. All good.

Every year, I would shoot still photos of Nick (or other sports personalities) with some of the kids and they would then use the shots to promote programs like "Kick with Nick" (or something like that). One year while Lowery was under the lights at Arrowhead, we were in the middle of a shoot and I had a camera malfunction. It took me a couple of minutes to work through that and he got very irritable that he had to wait. When I explained to him what was going on he said something to the extent that I was an incompetent idiot and was wasting his time. He got up and left right after that and we never really got a decent shot.

It was tough shoot to begin with because kids with Cerebral Palsey don't really pose all that well and there were like 5 kids in the shot which made it more difficult than usual. I'd worked with John Wathan, Danny Jackson and a another Chief's player I can't remember and they were all really decent folks to work with. Lowery was just a prima donna and I felt he should have had a little more patience considering the situation.

He will alwyas be Nick The Pr*ck to me.  :)

Great story!  The board always needs more of these.

im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

I've met various players over the years, and a couple of coaches and other parts of management..and the biggest arse I'll always remember was Derrick Thomas.  Kinda sad to say that, but nothing hurts more than the truth.  He was a dick, whereas Kimble Anders was one of the nicest guys ever.  :(
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.