Tiffany Springs Market Center

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
Appraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Tiffany Springs Market Center

Post by Appraiser »

^^^
That way is better if you know it.  I live up there and not a week goes by that I don't give directions to someone who is lost and driving around in circles at one of the traffic circles.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Ahh, big boxes  :D

KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Those look amazing.  :P
BigBill33
Pad site
Pad site

Post by BigBill33 »

Nice photo!  I like how there are no easy access routes in and out of this market center!
BigBill33
Pad site
Pad site

Post by BigBill33 »

Appraiser wrote: From north bound I-29 take the 152 Hwy exit (this is south of Barry Rd) and go 152 east to Green Hills Rd.  Exit at Green Hills road, go north over the highway and get back on 152 Hwy west, then exit at Ambassador, keep your place in line (there will be cars in front of you and behind you doing the same thing).  Isn't it great, someone was actually paid to design this highway on a greenfield development. &&&
Does KC have a traffic engineer and transportation planner?  Is anything properly designed in this area in regards to roads?  I am still trying to figure out who designs the placement or misplacement of traffic signals!! :D  This is going to be a complete mess!  I'm actually looking forward to going to the Super Target, but other than that, I don't see myself going up there much.  I am surprised that Target (corporate) would allow this to be built as they used to be concerned about access points.
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

Nice! What a clusterfuck. So, 169 & Barry is going to look like Bannister and 435 soon?
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

LindseyLohan wrote: Nice! What a clusterfuck. So, 169 & Barry is going to look like Bannister and 435 soon?
pretty much
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

Does anybody know when Home Depot, Target, and Best Buy are going to open? Is it going to be a grand opening or different dates?
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

The original announcement of tennants from last year originally said 3Q2008.  Based on what I've seen driving by there just about every day, they look like they could be opening in July.  The Home Depot already has some supplies set out in the garden center.  The parking area seems to already be set up with accent trees and lights already.  To me it looks like at least several are ready to start moving product in the doors about any time.
Psalm B H
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Psalm B H »

The home depot looks like it's going to open very soon.      I am amazed at how many retail spaces there are.  Tons.
darin
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by darin »

June 20th for Best Buy
BigBill33
Pad site
Pad site

Post by BigBill33 »

drramos101 wrote: Geez. 6 lanes. Is there room for six lanes? I cant imagine how terrible Barry Road will be with more construction.  :shock:
I'm sure they won't properly design this new change and Barry Road will forever be fubar!
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

BigBill33 wrote: I'm sure they won't properly design this new change and Barry Road will forever be fubar!
Well yeah, we're talking about KCMO, of course it will be a CF + fubar.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

SWFan wrote: Well yeah, we're talking about KCMO, of course it will be a CF + fubar.
Do you think the overbuilt eight lane arterial intersections of Johnson County are any better?

I would rather have Barry and 29 than 119th and 35 where everything is just so damn spread out to accommodate the traffic yet, it still doesn't accommodate the traffic.

If they replaced Barry and 29 with 119th and 35, you would be on top of most of the retail up there with grass and turn lanes.

It's suburban sprawl.  It is what it is.

For what it's worth, the city is planning on building flyovers from NB 29 to Congress which should do a lot to keep some traffic off of Barry Road.
BigBill33
Pad site
Pad site

Post by BigBill33 »

119th and 35 isn't any better!  All I'm saying is that there's no real long range planning when it comes to transportation issues.  Developers develop with the blessing of the city without any concern for infrastructure planning and when it comes time to open up the floodgates of the new box stores to the public, there's no access to them or limited access, and then the public complains.  Johnson County isn't much better.

Why don't they re-work the Skyview bridge and construct new interchanges there?  This might alleviate the pressure off of Barry Road for this new center just like what OP did with Antioch and 435.
KCJason
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KCJason »

Not sure where to post this but the Best Buy at MarketCenter is open and has about 35 wiis as of 530 today. Also has a mini Apple store and large kitchen appliance display.
Check out my new blog at http://kcnorthland.blogspot.com
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

But most of East Bannister Road and 435 is empty where the Mall and Wa-mart but wher Home Depot and Target is where places probley want to go at the moment use to and this area and 119th Street Metcalf Avenue is filled up with places and more coming.
http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/s ... 5&ana=e_du
Last edited by mgsports on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm B H
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Psalm B H »

published on the web today, 6/24/08 

" Best Buy opened Friday, The Home Depot opens Thursday and seven other retailers plan openings in late July and early August at the 585,000-square-foot Kansas City shopping center, Atlanta developer Cousins Properties Inc. (NYSE: CUZ) said in a Monday release. Those include Target, JCPenney, PetSmart, Ulta, Sports Authority, Chuck E. Cheese and CommunityAmerica Credit Union.

Famous Footwear, Five Guys Burgers, Great Clips, Jason's Deli, Justice, Lifeway Christian Bookstore, Mattress Firm and ProfessioNail also have signed leases at the center.

The project, 88 percent of which is committed to tenants, eventually will hold more than 50 shops and restaurants, the release said.

The center, Cousins' first in Kansas City, is at the intersection of Interstate 29 and Missouri Highway 152. Kansas City-based retail development and brokerage firm Lane4 Property Group Inc. represents the center locally. "   

from the internets
zypher_10
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by zypher_10 »

Just went up there yesterday. The Best Buy is really nice on the inside, and you could definitely tell they were a new store because at least 7 or 8 employees came up to us in the 20 minutes we were there asking us if we needed help. You are right though, it pretty much looks like any other strip mall with your "big boxes" just lined up for about 1/2 a mile. I would much rather see something arranged with a center focal point like Zona Rosa with its' squares.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

I hit the Best Buy last weekend.  It was nice to finally have a BB nearby that allows more than one person to walk down an aisle.  I too got the constant BB clerk asking me if I needed help.  Last weekend the store wasn't very busy, probably because you really couldn't tell it was open.  Earlier today I drove by and its much busier, looks like the word is getting out.