Best Lofts In 350-450 Range Downtown?

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Best Lofts In 350-450 Range Downtown?

Post by tella100 »

KCLofts wrote: What were your impressions of Conover Place?

I like them.  They are true "loft like" spaces at least as I understand the term to mean.  They are all pretty open unlike MANY MANY similarly priced units in town which feel way to crowded with drywall.  The south views are great and the common areas are top notch.  The hallway noise is noticeable but could be solved by carpeting the hallways (although it would not look as good in my view).  I could see how the proximity to the highway  and its noise for the south units could be a problem for some (not so much for me).  My real concern is that there are about 7-10 resales (about a 25-35% of the building) at the moment.  One of those is that ridiculously sized penthouse so that doesn't really count but, yea that has been my biggest negative impression. 

I generally believe that the smaller buildings e.g. 1819, 523 Grand, Freighthouse Flats, Hotel Monroe, are the safer buys from a financial angle and have the better chance of appreciation  than do big places such as The View, Metropolitan, Coffee, Piper/Windows etc but that seems to not be the case at Conover now (which is what I would consider a small building).
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

have you looked at the available unit in 1819 yet?
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tella100 »

There were two for sale in 1819 as of a couple weeks ago. The one on the first floor is great but I am not sure I want to live on the first floor without some sort of view. The other unit is also very nice with a good view but a little small.  I am trying to find something around 2K SF without being on the first floor, which is turning out to be hard, even without considering price.  909 walnut is over the top but I find the space a little awkward and worry that the build out costs would quickly get out of hand.  I dont have to move now, so I think I will keep watching the MLS and Craigslist.
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

Ya know, the lofts in Col Park are at the framing stage right now.  Perhaps it would be a good time to vist and see if you like the space.  If so, maybe the builder would build a loft to your specs.?.?  Many builders will not do this these days as they've taken it in the shorts in the past.  Never hurts to ask.
jwalker
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by jwalker »

I sell downtown. Great projects right now are Campbell lofts, I have a great unit at 5 Delaware for $489,000, Wallstreet Tower. get a hold of me and I can show you a few great spaces.

jessicawalker.cbkc.com

jessica walker