Northland Infrastructure taking shape

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Well, the infrastructure is coming together in the Northland. If anybody has driven down 152 lately, they would notice all the new exits and accompanying four lane arterial streets. The Northland master plan is coming together and getting funding through many different sources. Roads like Searcy Creek Pkwy, Maple Woods Pkwy, Shoal Creak Parkway, Tiffany Springs Pkwy, Green Hills, Platte Purchase, Amity, Congress, Brighton and more. In then next 5-7 years, the Northland will have the infrastructure to accommodate tens of thousands of new homes and businesses and should be one of the hottest growth areas in the nation. From what I have seen, the Northland still may just be getting started.

I don’t think we have seen anything yet on how large this area of the metro is going to get.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

I still hope they continue to build and fix the infrastructure in the southern parts. I can't get excited if everyone's going to vacate the southern northland so that my childhood home becomes like west Independence.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I agree, but there is a lot of infill going on in the south northland. Line Creek Valley is still filling in, BriarCliff, Riverside is about to take off, redevleopments are well underway in NKC, Chouteau, Parvin etc. Parkville and the 169 corridor west of Gladstone are still booming.

Gladstone is healthy and dealing with redevelopment as well.

I think the Northland will be ok, but time will tell.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

I think the Northland is very aware of the examples set by other cities, in particular Raytown and western Independence, as well as the slow decline of the Shawnee-Mission school district. KCMO already has a redevelopment plan for Vivion Road, and is about to start a study of North Oak between NKC and Gladstone. Briarcliff West is significant because it will keep a big concentration of wealth and the movers and shakers near these older areas.